Our defense

Lawke

Reaction score
LTH":2s140buc said:
Fade":2s140buc said:
Watch last season. It's a repeat. 2nd half of the year the best defense in the NFL statistically, thanks to some underwhelming QBs faced. (Kind of like the last 3 games.) It didn't amount to much when the playoffs started.

The D was legit... they beat LA in LA for the division title...you don't do that unless your D is legit... Period

Yeah they lost to LA the next week but that was on Schotty...

EDIT actually that was on the Russ for going 11-27... Russ and the O line for giving up 5 sacks for 32 yards, and 9 penalty's for 60 yards, TOP rams 33.39, 71 plays. Hawks 26.21, 57 plays

LTH

I swear ive seen this a few times recently, but no the seahawks did not beat the rams in LA they lost 16-23 so im not sure how that equates them being legit. They won vs the rams at home last year towards the end of the season.

As for the defense this year, i think while it looks like history repeating itself i think its a bit more hopeful, if only on the potential of taylor continuing to develop and causing havoc along the D line and the secondary being better compared to last year.

LTH

Reaction score
Lawke":20e1vmd2 said:
LTH":20e1vmd2 said:
Fade":20e1vmd2 said:
Watch last season. It's a repeat. 2nd half of the year the best defense in the NFL statistically, thanks to some underwhelming QBs faced. (Kind of like the last 3 games.) It didn't amount to much when the playoffs started.

The D was legit... they beat LA in LA for the division title...you don't do that unless your D is legit... Period

EDIT actually that was on the Russ for going 11-27... Russ and the O line for giving up 5 sacks for 32 yards, and 9 penalty's for 60 yards, TOP rams 33.39, 71 plays. Hawks 26.21, 57 plays

LTH

I swear ive seen this a few times recently, but no the seahawks did not beat the rams in LA they lost 16-23 so im not sure how that equates them being legit. They won vs the rams at home last year towards the end of the season.

As for the defense this year, i think while it looks like history repeating itself i think its a bit more hopeful, if only on the potential of taylor continuing to develop and causing havoc along the D line and the secondary being better compared to last year.

no your right my memory is bad it was a 20-9 victory 2nd to the last game of the season in Seattle...I also got the wrong game stats LOL oh boy I guess I'm getting old

Edit: No I got the right game stats for the playoff loss... How it equates to them being legit is they beat the Rams when the division was on the line...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":3gxqkxu8 said:
Fade":3gxqkxu8 said:

LTH

So they beat the rams once and thy were legit. Even a ind squirrel once in awhile.

keasley45

Reaction score
Yeah? Like our blind squirrel of an offense that got fat off of terrible defenses last year over the first half and then crapped the bed when things got tough in the playoffs?

Works both ways.

Lawke

Reaction score
LTH":1js0xc5t said:
no your right my memory is bad it was a 20-9 victory 2nd to the last game of the season in Seattle...I also got the wrong game stats LOL oh boy I guess I'm getting old

Edit: No I got the right game stats for the playoff loss... How it equates to them being legit is they beat the Rams when the division was on the line...

LTH

Thats fair, thinking back on that home games vs the rams was a bit more promising, and probably why it was more frustrating to watch come playoff time, with how they ran and operated with a injured QB (and jamal adams having a busted coverage that stuck out sorely)

I still think the back end of the defense has more potential this year, but obviously remains to be seen. Would be nice to see a seahawks team put it together on both sides of the ball at the same time for at the very least half a season.

LTH

Reaction score
Lawke":1g5icpug said:
LTH":1g5icpug said:

LTH

Thats fair, thinking back on that home games vs the rams was a bit more promising, and probably why it was more frustrating to watch come playoff time, with how they ran and operated with a injured QB (and jamal adams having a busted coverage that stuck out sorely)

I still think the back end of the defense has more potential this year, but obviously remains to be seen. Would be nice to see a seahawks team put it together on both sides of the ball at the same time for at the very least half a season.

Yeah.. that play off loss was hard. We will see in an hour how good this D is.

LTH

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
WOW Buccaneers's defense is not good, just allowed 29 points to WFT and got defeated 29-19 with the GOAT running the offense. Time of procession, 39 minutes WFT to 29 for the Buc, Tampa Bay's defense just couldn't get off the field against a weak offense with Taylor Heincke as QB.

Talk about bad defense, Buc's D is as bad as ours?

keasley45

Reaction score
toffee":4fwhdkim said:
WOW Buccaneers's defense is not good, just allowed 29 points to WFT and got defeated 29-19 with the GOAT running the offense. Time of procession, 39 minutes WFT to 29 for the Buc, Tampa Bay's defense just couldn't get off the field against a weak offense with Taylor Heincke as QB.

Vs GB, 2nd qtr...

Our defense is again being put in a position to hold a potent offense in check when their own offense can't sustain a drive.

No crying when we are gassed again in the 2nd half as a result of a 2 to 1 TOP disadvantage.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":15n3t55g said:
toffee":15n3t55g said:

Vs GB, 2nd qtr...

Our defense is again being put in a position to hold a potent offense in check when their own offense can't sustain a drive.

No crying when we are gassed again in the 2nd half as a result of a 2 to 1 TOP disadvantage.

If our defense played at current level in the first five games .... we would have won more games, with or without Russ.

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":2b6x2wws said:
keasley45":2b6x2wws said:
toffee":2b6x2wws said:

Vs GB, 2nd qtr...

If our defense played at current level in the first five games .... we would have won more games, with or without Russ.

This D is playing well

LTH

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":1entomax said:
toffee":1entomax said:
keasley45":1entomax said:
toffee":1entomax said:

Vs GB, 2nd qtr...

This D is playing well

LTH

Holding one Aaron Rodgers to 3 points,

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our defense came alive under limelight! Against a potent offense with a HOF QB.

balakoth

Reaction score
toffee":1cqd2uaq said:
Team stats on defense:

1. #8 in points allowed (167), behind only Bills - Cardinals - Bronco - Saints - Patriots - Steelers.
2. #11 in Points allowed per game
3. #31 in Yards per game
4. #28 in Passing yards per game
5. #25 in Rushing yards per game
6. #30 in Sacks

Basing purely on the above, our pass rush sux, we allow lots of yards but not points. If we could improve on pass rush, and Flowers-less CBs, we may even improve to top ten in points allowed.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/seattle-s ... ry=defense

Imagine now.. if our offense knew how to score points and keep sustained drive sto allow that defense to be better

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
balakoth":1gmcf2gl said:
toffee":1gmcf2gl said:
Team stats on defense:

1. #8 in points allowed (167), behind only Bills - Cardinals - Bronco - Saints - Patriots - Steelers.
2. #11 in Points allowed per game
3. #31 in Yards per game
4. #28 in Passing yards per game
5. #25 in Rushing yards per game
6. #30 in Sacks

Basing purely on the above, our pass rush sux, we allow lots of yards but not points. If we could improve on pass rush, and Flowers-less CBs, we may even improve to top ten in points allowed.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/seattle-s ... ry=defense

Imagine now.. if our offense knew how to score points and keep sustained drive sto allow that defense to be better

Our defense's points allowed and points allowed per game will improve. Oh well.