Ouch

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Looks like the 49ers are experiencing some buyer remorse. Not a good look for Trey Lance if I’m a 69er fan. Especially after giving up 3 firsts1660272271161

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Wait, I thought Trey Lance was lighting it up in TC to the point where Lynch and Shan were confident in naming him the starter after only 1 year of sitting behind GQ?

94Smith

Reaction score
Not sure why this in “big” news. Everyone knew they were picking between Lance and Jones. They picked Lance . We will see how that turns out

I suspect it will be an up and down season . I would suspect more of a Josh Allen year one than pat mahomes year one.

I will say that the 49ers defense is going to be nasty this year with the addition of charvarius ward . The cornerback spot seems to be not a weakness anymore based on camp reports. Bosa is another year healthy, kinlaw is healthy, best lb core in the league, unreal depth at DL. The defense will be top 5 barring injuries. Put money on Bosa being defensive player of the year.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Not sure why this in “big” news. Everyone knew they were picking between Lance and Jones. They picked Lance . We will see how that turns out

I suspect it will be an up and down season . I would suspect more of a Josh Allen year one than pat mahomes year one.

I will say that the 49ers defense is going to be nasty this year with the addition of charvarius ward . The cornerback spot seems to be not a weakness anymore based on camp reports. Bosa is another year healthy, kinlaw is healthy, best lb core in the league, unreal depth at DL. The defense will be top 5 barring injuries. Put money on Bosa being defensive player of the year.
This is the first time I've ever considered a 49er fan "the faithful" considering your starting QB is more raw than an entree served on Hell's Kitchen over 5 years ago.

toffee

Reaction score
So in NFC West, we have Lance, Lock, and Geno, except that Lock and Geno are being rated as worst in the league by all media experts :)

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
So in NFC West, we have Lance, Lock, and Geno, except that Lock and Geno are being rated as worst in the league by all media experts :)
The Seahawks didn’t give up 3 firsts for Lock or Geno my playa. Huge difference when you mortgage your future vs an intelligent rebuild. Hawks are drafting Stroud or Young next Spring. Try to keep up guy

toffee

Reaction score
The Seahawks didn’t give up 3 firsts for Lock or Geno my playa. Huge difference when you mortgage your future vs an intelligent rebuild. Hawks are drafting Stroud or Young next Spring. Try to keep up guy
Even for this season, how did the national media talking heads and experts came to their conclusion that Lance is way better than Geno or Lock. Let's just say the BOTH Geno and Lock had better 2021 season than Lance, according to PFF Geno was rated at 73.9, Lock at 60, Geno was WAY better than Lance at 59.9. All while Shanahan pick easy moments for Lance to play just to build confidence.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Even for this season, how did the national media talking heads and experts came to their conclusion that Lance is way better than Geno or Lock. Let's just say the BOTH Geno and Lock had better 2021 season than Lance, according to PFF Geno was rated at 73.9, Lock at 60, Geno was WAY better than Lance at 59.9. All while Shanahan pick easy moments for Lance to play just to build confidence.
Exactly

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

Kinlaw sucks. Period. And you traded Buckner for that horrible pick

94Smith

Reaction score
Not sure how you say Shanahan “picked” easy spots for Lance to play in when the only games he played were the games Jimmy was injured ? (Including second half vs the Seahawks )

Frodo I am going to relish kinlaw and the 49ers D destroying the Seahawks in week 2 and whatever pathetic excuse for a qb old Pete rolls out. It is not going to be pretty

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Not sure how you say Shanahan “picked” easy spots for Lance to play in when the only games he played were the games Jimmy was injured ? (Including second half vs the Seahawks )

Frodo I am going to relish kinlaw and the 49ers D destroying the Seahawks in week 2 and whatever pathetic excuse for a qb old Pete rolls out. It is not going to be pretty
You haven’t destroyed the Seahawks since Steve Young so calm down guy. Your squad is overhyped like usual. You’ll see