OL, post 9ers.

Polk738

Reaction score
I thought they did pretty well in pass pro for the most part, run blocking left quite a bit to be desired but overall good and I think only 1 penalty for the line.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
A lot of happenings this season, we moved from a run oriented offense to a pass happy one. Our OL with a new rookie RG and a journeyman RT, a C that underachieved the pass seasons playing G and T. Gotta say quite surprised that Poccic didn't suck and our pass prop doing quite OK with wilson had time to throw.

Therefore I am curious about this game against a good 9ers DL.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Palpitation

Reaction score
Polk738":3eg052wa said:
I thought they did pretty well in pass pro for the most part, run blocking left quite a bit to be desired but overall good and I think only 1 penalty for the line.

I thin the run blocking had more to do with our rook RB than the line. Overall, I thought the O-line did a respectable job.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I feel like the OLine played as good as you could expect. I've been saying this all season, but anyone who things this year's line was built to run block is fooling themselves. Pocic, never has created push. And Brandon Shell is a better pass blocker than run blocker.

It does concern me that this line can't drive block to create a critical 2 yard gain when the other side knows it will be a run. That side, this team is creating mismatches across the field that makes things interesting.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I thought Duane Brown was an absolute monster against San Fran. If you put a #71 on him I'd have had a hard time trying to tell the difference for a few plays.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Brown looked like he finally was playing with a healthy knee. He's clearly been playing thru a lot of pain this year. He's a beast.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
diver110":iajq49a5 said:
The OL should be our biggest problem.

I mean, on paper yes they should be. But they're actually a solid group.
I wouldn't call them good yet, but they're good enough to let Russell cook and a lot better than in the past.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, you don't average over 30 points a game w/a crap O Line. They've been better than expected in my eyes. But that's just my opinion.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think Shell has been the sneaky good upgrade over Germain Ifedi. Pocic has been the candidate for "most improved" player (with a nod to David Moore). Lewis will be a stud but still makes a few rookie mistakes on stunts. Brown is solid to great depending on his health. LG is the revolving door and is best with a healthy Iupati but serviceable with Simmons or Jones.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It must be good..John63 hasn't been complaining like years past.
Again I got to say I love Lewis ..Can we draft only LSU OL?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not performance based but looking at the criticism Dallas got compare the reaction of their line when Dalton got hit vs our line on Sunday when Russ took that late shot.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Considering how many question marks there were about the O-line before the season started, how can we be anything but ecstatic about how they've played so far this year?

Run blocking is still excellent, and they've made huge strides in pass pro.

- Brown's having one of his best years as a pro. Pro Bowl year.
- Simmons has filled in well for Iupati.
- Pocic is the surprise of the entire roster so far.
- Shell is twice the RT as Ifedi was, excellent job.
- Lewis is an absolute monster, and is going to make the All Rookie teams. What a pick.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3fo6ki9i said:
Considering how many question marks there were about the O-line before the season started, how can we be anything but ecstatic about how they've played so far this year?

Run blocking is still excellent, and they've made huge strides in pass pro.

- Brown's having one of his best years as a pro. Pro Bowl year.
- Simmons has filled in well for Iupati.
- Pocic is the surprise of the entire roster so far.
- Shell is twice the RT as Ifedi was, excellent job.
- Lewis is an absolute monster, and is going to make the All Rookie teams. What a pick.
If Simmons could be durable, we may be looking at our future OL of LT - Summons - Poccic - Lewis - Shell. Drafting a future LT would be a priority, Brown is great but won't last forever.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk