OC Nick Harris 26 CLE​
Make up for the loss of:

OC Evan Brown 28​
OG Damien Lewis 27​
OT Jake Curhan 26​
How do these moves affect our draft?

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Drop down to the bottom of the first? They probably should focus on BPA on the OL in the first 5 rounds. The OL is going to take the longest to gel as a unit, tbh. They should really get their guys at the C, LT, and LB positions in the next couple of years.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
I have not studied this draft class yet, but I keep hearing it's a great class for Oline. I wonder if it's the same thing as the top qbs being older because of the covid years and staying in college. I'm speculating they may be older, and a little more pro ready. I really would not mind a oline heavy draft.

sutz

Reaction score
To me it increases the probability that they trade back from #16 to pick up at least another Rd 2 pick, and possibly more. They could trade back twice and still be in Rd #1 to take advantage of the 5th yr option going forward, and grab a 2d and maybe some additional Day 3 picks.

Agree with above that we still need to draft of OL - at least a couple of guys for future grooming, but overall the recent FA signings mean we don't have a lot of really glaring holes, especially on offense.

sutz

Reaction score
I have not studied this draft class yet, but I keep hearing it's a great class for Oline. I wonder if it's the same thing as the top qbs being older because of the covid years and staying in college. I'm speculating they may be older, and a little more pro ready. I really would not mind a oline heavy draft.
Good point, there are still some 6 year guys out there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Drop down to the bottom of the first? They probably should focus on BPA on the OL in the first 5 rounds. The OL is going to take the longest to gel as a unit, tbh. They should really get their guys at the C, LT, and LB positions in the next couple of years.
Nick Harris is a center, who can also play guard plus they already have Olu O to man the center position. Nick Harris > Evan Brown.
Losing Lewis is the biggest void as they don't have anyone else at G. Hopefully they address that during the draft. However, Risner and Haynes are still available if they want to go FA route.

OP
OP
F

Fanatics

Reaction score
I have a few of them:

21 OT JC Latham Alabama
21 OT Kingsley Suamataia BYU
21 OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu Penn State
21 OT Amarius Mims Georgia (22 in October)
22 OT Graham Barton Duke
23 OT Troy Fautanu Washington (24 in October)

23 OG Layden Robinson Texas A&M
23 OG Cooper Beebe Kansas State
23 OG Zak Zinter Michigan
23 OG Christian Mahogany Boston College (24 in October)

21 OC Jackson Powers-Johnson Oregon
22 OC Sedrick Van Pran Georgia (23 October)
23 OC Beaux Limmer Arkansas
23 OC Drake Nugent Michigan

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Nick Harris is a center, who can also play guard plus they already have Olu O to man the center position. Nick Harris > Evan Brown.
Losing Lewis is the biggest void as they don't have anyone else at G. Hopefully they address that during the draft. However, Risner and Haynes are still available if they want to go FA route.
Nick Harris doesn't inspire confidence, tbh. He may be a baller, but his height and injuries give pause.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The depth is still absent for the interior OLine.

In a perfect world the team needs at least two more OGs and perhaps an upgrade at OC. This is a deeper than normal draft for OLine players so you'd think the team will likely draft one or two as it is a situation where the draft depth meets perceived need.

I could see the team drafting two players to bolster OLine depth.

There are unfortunately a few other depth needs that the quality of potential replacements may need to be improved. That's hard to say for sure without seeing the players signed as FAs play.

toffee

Reaction score
Will the addition of:

OT George Fant 32 HOU​
OT Tremayne Anchrum 26 LAR​
OC Nick Harris 26 CLE​
Make up for the loss of:

OC Evan Brown 28​
OG Damien Lewis 27​
OT Jake Curhan 26​
First of all, George Fant is better, much better than Jack Curhan who showed some promises in his rookie year but didn't make much progress if any.

Do we think Nick Harris is an upgrade to Evan Brown? PFF thinks Evan did have a better year before he joined the Hawks.

One can't compare Anchrum to Lewis who has more snap experiences and did have promising seasons, Anchrum hasn't shown much in the past few years.

All in all, our OL is an incomplete product at this point, still no LG, and unless Olu steps up big times this season, our C position needs help.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
First of all, George Fant is better, much better than Jack Curhan who showed some promises in his rookie year but didn't make much progress if any.

Do we think Nick Harris is an upgrade to Evan Brown? PFF thinks Evan did have a better year before he joined the Hawks.
George Fant is 32, and Harris only took 311 snaps.

toffee

Reaction score
Coming out of the FA signings, we have to draft for needs. The NEED to draft would be IOL, and LB, if we don't address those needs, we can't match the winning record of 2023.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Coming out of the FA signings, we have to draft for needs. The NEED to draft would be IOL, and LB, if we don't address those needs, we can't match the winning record of 2023.
BPA dude. We'll be better on defense, Markedly so. Offense? unsure. It's a whole new system and Geno may thrive or he may bomb.

toffee

Reaction score
BPA dude. We'll be better on defense, Markedly so. Offense? unsure. It's a whole new system and Geno may thrive or he may bomb.
Unless that BPA available was an offensive linemen, we are desperate, no choice but have to draft IOL.

Jville

Reaction score
Will the addition of:

OT George Fant 32 HOU​
OT Tremayne Anchrum 26 LAR​
OC Nick Harris 26 CLE​
Make up for the loss of:

OC Evan Brown 28​
OG Damien Lewis 27​
OT Jake Curhan 26​
Interesting that the Chicago Bears and Shane Waldron decide to sign Jake Curhan. Last years plan, before it was interupted, was to take a look at Curhan at right guard. A one year contract with Chicago renews that possibility. Curhan is a brawler and, in Waldron's offense, Jake"s height isn't a problem working inside. I'm thinking Big McClendon Curtis is likely the potential backup Seahawks intend to look at as Curhan's replacement.

Evan Brown gave Olu Oluwatimi a year to become acclimated to the NFL. Nick Harris is probably plan B. Although, Harris could be an interesting change up for a short yardage and goal line offense.

Damien Lewis leaves a hole to be filled. Effecting the left side of the line. I would think that will be a work in progress going into the pre-season. Tremayne Anchrum is still a work in progress in transitioning to move inside to play guard while still being a backup at tackle.

George Fant is the key addition. I have limited reservations about him starting when needed at offensive tackle. He's also a big guy that can block and make a surprise catch as a tackle eligible 6th lineman. That's a wrinkle I'd like to see from him again.

Not mentioned is OT Raiqwon O'Neal. He doesn't have the long arms. But he is an athlete and blocked for RB Zach Charbonnet. O'Neal looks like an intriguing understudy and development candidate for 2024. The fact that Schneider protected both O'Neal and Curtis by keeping them on the active roster suggest that they have contributions to make in 2024. Not to be overlooked, Too Tall Stone Forsythe continues to work on his knee bend and pad level.

Looks to me like the building of a 90 man roster is shaping up nicely. Certainly there is room for additional competition via the draft. But, no need to panic draft and reach to fill a specific position. Plenty of flexibility at hand to upgrade the blocking game. The uptick interest in blocking at tight end should only help seal the edge.

Making progress ....... it is a process.

Last edited: