Okay, that's it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2l8c04xa said:
Nope. Square on the play designer/caller. Unless you're just looking for a scapegoat, like when the ship's captain gets convicted because the sub-officer on watch steered the ship into the rocks.

People who look for a scapegoat usually go for the OC first.

Most fans lack enough information to accurately blame the OC. The gameplan was actually fine, lots of quick hitters to defend Russ (he didn't get sacked). Schotty didn't have any plays labeled "fumble the ball and allow it to be run back for a TD" in his playbook.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":zcgmiukf said:
GeekHawk":zcgmiukf said:
Nope. Square on the play designer/caller. Unless you're just looking for a scapegoat, like when the ship's captain gets convicted because the sub-officer on watch steered the ship into the rocks.

People who look for a scapegoat usually go for the OC first.

Most fans lack enough information to accurately blame the OC. The gameplan was actually fine, lots of quick hitters to defend Russ (he didn't get sacked). Schotty didn't have any plays labeled "fumble the ball and allow it to be run back for a TD" in his playbook.

Shame on him for the 53 yard punt return TD play in his book, though. Tsk tsk, I say.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
It's funny offensive coordinator changes same game plan. At this point until Pete goes this is
what we are in for. It's just the facts Pete doesn't like to play offense till the 4th quarter. He believes he always has the defense to.hold them. Well I think we are seeing that plan start to unravel. Sure there were turnovers but that is y u play all out for 60 mins. Not just the last 15. Its a plan that only works when u have an all world d. Which we dont have anymore.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
You could blame this loss on many contributors. My bottom line is that the team was not ready to play yesterday. Not at all. They saw that Brees would be out and they lost their edge. Their heads did not appear to be in the right place. Very disappointing.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Brian Scheissenhammer, but at least we haven't seen any those bevel-special pass plays where 3 WRs converge on the same point of the field way downfield, such that all 3 WRs can be easily covered by 2 defenders. So we got that going for us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2zy66k0s said:
Remember when they used to be a great second half team? Seems like so long ago.

We came back and won both the Cincy and Pittsburgh games.........but you're sure as hell not going to come back from over 20 pts down in the 2nd half to beat good teams like NO.

The problem with Pete's teams here have never been combacks, Russell's already one of the best ever at that. The problem's been the first half slow starts.

Unfortunately as long as Pete's here, we're never going to take the risks and use the tempo necessary to start faster. Make no mistake, our horrible first half issues are by design.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
The problem is that being bold is for the young, and Pete is trying to Yoda the business by being cute or thinking he can outsmart the youngins even tho everybody and their brother has his tricks figured out. Not to say it's pasture time, but dang...maybe...dang. I got no answer.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A lot of thoughts here I agree with.

I will simply say this. Coaching is not as good as it needs to be. Always compete? Well Schotty and Petey need to be a part of that mantra. Too many times our coaching is showed up whenever we play very good coaches. Payton is the latest example.

What would Belichick do?

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":23awzvno said:
A lot of thoughts here I agree with.

I will simply say this. Coaching is not as good as it needs to be. Always compete? Well Schotty and Petey need to be a part of that mantra. Too many times our coaching is showed up whenever we play very good coaches. Payton is the latest example.

What would Belichick do?

Try to choke the life out of them in the first quarter and then grind the corpse up for glue to keep Tommy Brady together another game.

Latest posts