Official Countdown To Seahawks Opening Day

seabowl

Reaction score
I remember getting the pro football weekly magazine each year and in it, they rated roughly the top 30 players at every position. Joel Buchsbaum was the writer for the magazine and probably the best talent evaluator of anyone not in the NFL. He was so good that Bill Belichick wanted to hire him but Joel declined. Well in the 1993 edition looking back at the 1992 season and ranking of the players, he typically was critical even of the best players in his write ups. I remember for Cortez Kennedy he wrote only one word and that was “Awesome”. It was the best rating I had ever seen him give. Kennedy was absolutely unstoppable in 1992. I know everyone talks about Aaron Donald, but Cortez Kennedy that year may have had the most dominating year of a defensive tackle ever had as he not only got double digit sacks, but also was a massive run stuffer. Just an incredible talent and person. Loved Tez!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Lord knows some of you sap my will to care. Sure would be nice if someone would consider helping. We are officially 99 days until we play Denver on September 8th. Without further ado, I give you the late, great, Cortez Kennedy from his 1992 DPoY season:
View attachment 66306
Thanks for stepping up.

This is always a bit of fun.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Thank you for starting this. It’s an honored .NET annual tradition.
I used to think so. Then a couple years ago, I was dealing with life, and missed updating for a week, no one stepped up, and no one seemed to care. So I really wondered how much it mattered to anyone besides me. This was always fun with participation, not so much when you're doing it alone.

seabowl

Reaction score
The first one that comes to mind obviously is Rufus Porter but this guy had a good run with the Seahawks and a non-stop motor like Rufus too.

uncle fester

Reaction score
I love this thread every year too. Sorry if you have felt it was previously under appreciated though, Maulbert.

(Does it have to come around again so fast though?? Seems like last season was only a few weeks ago…)

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
View attachment 66311
The first one that comes to mind obviously is Rufus Porter but this guy had a good run with the Seahawks and a non-stop motor like Rufus too.
Nice. I loved watching Kerney, although I'm not sure that his actual production ever matched his high-energy. Seemed like he was always running around but never getting home. I had a joke with my daughters watching the games back then whenever "Kerney Did Something!" (now the name of my fantasy league).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chad Brown

81v2oi9qT3L AC UF10001000 QL80 DpWeblab

Can't fault the man for his excellent play on the field for us in his tenure here but not a fan of HIM not being a fan of the Seahawks in general. He was a Steeler through-and-through and said as much after he left. Whatevs.