Official: 4 Hawks make All-Pro team

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
All-pro is voted on by 50 sports writers. Pro bowl is fans, coaches, players.

Richard Sherman is right. Pro Bowl selections get the attention, but making The Associated Press All-Pro Team means more. It's harder to accomplish because there are fewer spots, and you don't have any fan votes puffing up a player who was benched during the season. (Sorry, Jeff Saturday.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... on-jj-watt

bmorepunk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3ctledzy said:
Has there ever been more than 4 Seahawks voted 1st team All-pro?

Five made it in 2005 (Alexander, Strong, Jones, Hutchinson, Hasselbeck <2nd team for him>.

hawker84

Reaction score
Probowl or All pro team.. which one do you think means more to the players? Sherman has his just due.... congrats on a great season guys....

Rat

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is a great player, but I'm surprised that he dominated the All-Pro voting at safety the way he did. Dashon Goldson and Eric Weddle were the only ones who were even sort of close to him (he had 8 more votes than Goldson, 9 more than Weddle). Unger won his position surprisingly convincingly as well (six votes more than Markice Pouncey, and more than twice as many votes as anyone else).

dunceface

Reaction score
Rat":22n0lssl said:
Earl Thomas is a great player, but I'm surprised that he dominated the All-Pro voting at safety the way he did. Dashon Goldson and Eric Weddle were the only ones who were even sort of close to him (he had 8 more votes than Goldson, 9 more than Weddle). Unger won his position surprisingly convincingly as well (six votes more than Markice Pouncey, and more than twice as many votes as anyone else).

Earl Thomas gets respect!
After one year on the league teams just stopped throwing towards him. The fact that he isnt being targeted but still makes plays should speak volumes

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm happiest for Richard after the Pro-Bowl screw job he received.
Oh, and the Unger crow tastes delicious. I bitched about the guy plenty too. As mentioned on this thread, being out of position hurt him badly and I'm guessing a lot of his drastic improvement has plenty to do with Tom Cable, but I am also quite sure Max has busted his ass to get to this level too.