Off Season Winners and Seahawks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sounds about right though. I don't know how its going to work out, but it seems like nothing but a bunch of JAGs have been signed so far.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still plenty early. Draft coming up, good players being released for cap reasons later on. Plenty of work to do. Still expecting it to take a couple years. Much like it did way back when Pete took over. Whoever wrote that has a right to their opinion, even if's still a meh burger. At least TO ME it is.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Pretty big meh. Who we draft is a little more important to me. The graphic is pretty useless too. Who wants to "win" the offseason?

Ask the commanders how that went. They were perennial offseason winners for a stretch in the early 2000s.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Kind of like going 4-0 in the pre-season. Followed by 0-16 when it matters in the regular season. see: Detroit Lions.
Or........going 0-4 in pre-season and winning the Owl. See: Patriots

xray

Reaction score
How many one year contracts do the Hawks have so far ?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like the one year prove it deals. You're going to get someone with a chip on their shoulder. Someone trying to prove himself for an extension. Trying to show a new coach what he can do. I suspect some of them will be extended after next season. If they don't play well enough, you move on w/out being stuck with a bunch of dead cap.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Browns seem to always win the offseason trophy but can't seem to win the trophy that matters the most when it is said and done.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the overspending on day 1 and 2 in Free Agency is a joke. I just don't see that as winning anything other than a big spending contest.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Pundits said pretty much the same thing about the Seahawks 11-12 years ago. How'd that work out for them?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm a strange cat by nature, but I actually LOVE when so called "experts" downplay the Hawks. Makes it more fun when people doubt them.