Not To Be A Troll But (Super Bowl)

BocciHawk

Reaction score
RezHawk":adxzaxuk said:
Man the after market prices are oppressive! The only way I could afford the big dance would be to win the lottery on tickets released by the Seahawks to season ticket holders, if that happens I will be there. I have an alternative plan and have booked rooms in Seattle over Superbowl weekend because they will probably be having some kind of viewing events going on at the stadium. Another idea I had was to attend the giants or jets last home game and just hide in the stadium until the Superbowl but that probably wouldn't work out any better than my last attempt to sneak into a Superbowl.

Note that the FACE VALUE of the cheapest tickets is I believe $2,000 this year. They raised the prices significantly to combat scalping (and make a lot more money of course).

If you win the season ticket lottery, you get the right to buy two tickets at face value -- they tell you which section they are in, the most expensive tickets face value is $4,500 I believe -- and if you accept, they are at will call and you pick them up in NY at the stadium 3 hours before the game.

It is correct that while they release 10,000+ tickets to each of the two teams, there are a lot of tickets that go to players and staff, and I think it's correct that the lottery last time in 2005 had around 3,000 tickets that were available to season ticket holders.

Ticket holders got one point for each year they had tickets, one point for each seat, some formula like that, so you got a higher chance of going if you were a long term STH. That said, there were some first year STH that got tickets, just a few, who were interviewed by media and whatnot.

If someone wins the lottery and passes it up, they can't transfer that right to someone else, and they can't request a specific section either i.e. if you are offered the $4,500 tickets and say no, that's it, you aren't getting tickets.

This is all a mish mash of what they did in 2005 plus what I've read so far about this years Super Bowl. I think a lot of scalpers will take it on the chin this year...

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
The face falue prices of this yr Super Bowl tickets
I just read an article dated in sept. the cheapest prices seem correct since you can find tickets on stub hub for $2,200

40% of the tickets under $1,000. Probably $900.00
2nd price $1,500
Most expensive ticket--- 9,000 seats $2,600

rideaducati

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1kj349m7 said:
I'm thinking about going to the next one. The one in San Francisco. Winning that one while drinking up all the Niner fans tears would be pure bliss.

I fully expect this to happen. I also expect the NFL to schedule the Seahawks as first game in that stadium vs. the niners. Seahawks will OWN that stadium and I will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to be there for both of those games.

kjreid

Reaction score
I was a lucky winner of the lottery for super bowl XL. I hope that I am a winner again and I will go to the game. In 2005 you had to go in person to the seahawks box office to pick up your superbowl tickets. are they really going to make everyone go to will call in NY to pick them up this time? That would suck.

Riley12

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":8m209kay said:
The face falue prices of this yr Super Bowl tickets
I just read an article dated in sept. the cheapest prices seem correct since you can find tickets on stub hub for $2,200

40% of the tickets under $1,000. Probably $900.00
2nd price $1,500
Most expensive ticket--- 9,000 seats $2,600

Cheapest seats are now $2300. Come on ticket lottery!

That or sell my youngest for research.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I already bought my airfare and hotel reservations. But is it really going to be that hard to get ticketsto the game? I'm willing to pay up to $3000 ea. And don't care where I sit

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My plans are to fore-go this one and go to Superbowl XLIX... down in Glendale, AZ next year.

I'm waiting until the game is played in a warm(er) clime.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I do firmly believe tickets for this will drop before the game, especially if the weather is crappy.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Just pray the patriots don't get to the Super Bowl. They are only about 3 1/2 hrs away and their fan base will take over ny like the steelers did to Detroit.

HansGruber

Reaction score
FDNYHAWK":2e60i7gp said:
Just pray the patriots don't get to the Super Bowl. They are only about 3 1/2 hrs away and their fan base will take over ny like the steelers did to Detroit.

Nah, that would be even better. It would be so awesome to watch the Seahawks win in a stadium full of opponent jerseys, standing there with my 12 flag, pumping my fist and crying. It would make it all the sweeter.

Although I do hope NE doesn't make it because the ticket prices would go sky-high. I'm personally hoping that either the Bengals or Chiefs make it, because that will cause ticket prices to drop significantly. And I need a ticket.

HansGruber

Reaction score
BTW, for those seriously looking for tickets:

I tried to buy 4 tickets through PrimeSport last week. When you go to pay, if you read the really tiny print, it states that you are not guaranteed a ticket. Called them up and they said buying a ticket now through the site "reserves" the ticket(s). Asked what that meant, and they responded that they will allocate tickets to pre-purchasers in order of purchase, but when tickets run out - that's it. You will get a refund, but no ticket. They wouldn't answer me when I asked how they are getting tickets, so who knows how many they'll actually have.

Their prices are better than StubHub, however.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":3piie9ng said:
BTW, for those seriously looking for tickets:

I tried to buy 4 tickets through PrimeSport last week. When you go to pay, if you read the really tiny print, it states that you are not guaranteed a ticket. Called them up and they said buying a ticket now through the site "reserves" the ticket(s). Asked what that meant, and they responded that they will allocate tickets to pre-purchasers in order of purchase, but when tickets run out - that's it. You will get a refund, but no ticket. They wouldn't answer me when I asked how they are getting tickets, so who knows how many they'll actually have.

Their prices are better than StubHub, however.

super shady...seems like they can hold on to your money and then then decide if its worth selling to you...at least you have guaranteed refund..thanks for info

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Hansgruber, the only reason I said no patriots is because of the ticket price. I'd love to beet them with all pats jerseys in the stands

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3kxsm94h said:
When the Seahawks Go To The Super Bowl

Who from this board is seriously planning to attend?

I need to give this serrrrrrrious thought. It involves budgeting and game planning.

I recall that TheHawkster and his wife have already booked a hotel room and did so prior to the advent of the season.

Anyone else thinking about this?
TROLL!!