Not acquiring Mayfield proves Hawk mgmt wants to tank...

seabowl

Reaction score
Keeping it simple:

To acquire Mayfield all the Panthers gave up was:

Conditional 5th round pick
$5 million

He’d be on a 1 year prove it deal and he’s 1000% better than Geno Smith.

We could have had him for virtually nothing. Management is tanking this year, no questions asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
The Browns players did not want Mayfield. The only people who want Mayfield are the people who do not understand that he is not a leader players will follow. That is from the people who played with him.
Yep. Geno is the Alpha Dog Leader we have been seeking. Players will follow Geno wherever he goes.

SMH

chrispy

Reaction score
Will the Panthers win more games this season than the Seahawks?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Will the Panthers win more games this season than the Seahawks?
The question is would the Hawks win more games with Mayfield or Geno? We ALL know the answer to this.

Polk738

Reaction score
Keeping it simple:

$5 million

We could have had him for virtually nothing. Management is tanking this year, no questions asked.
I would say this was pretty obvious from the beginning, the team has 2 first round picks next draft and no franchise QB, what else would they be planning to do?

CPHawk

Reaction score
The Browns players did not want Mayfield. The only people who want Mayfield are the people who do not understand that he is not a leader players will follow. That is from the people who played with him.
Of baker and Geno, who got a broken jaw from a teammate?

sc85sis

Reaction score
That broken jaw was years ago. Are you the exact same person you were back then? I'm not.

For the five millionth time, no one thinks Geno is the long-term answer here, but he's fine for what we need this year, which is not a TANK year but a BRIDGE year (or two, depending on whether Pete wants to redshirt the rookie next season).

Seahawker

Reaction score
Seahawks.net has become a wasteland of negativity with fringe/fair weather "fan's" hoping for losses.
From the onset through the 70's, 80's & 90's loyal Hawk fan's were steadfast for decades in our small market, underdog mode.
This along with the highest decibel level was how the 12's were born, something to be proud of.
Now a new breed of fan wants to throw games so a college kid can try to be our saviour, helluva way to circle the wagons.
Seems like there would be more posts about HOW to beat RW & the Donkeys...

beaumaris

Reaction score
Keeping it simple:

$5 million

Wow! You just realized :rolleyes:

W

Welshers

Keeping it simple:

$5 million

100% correct. They thought about it but ultimately were only willing to acquire him if it was for absolutely nothing. They want to lose.

W

Welshers

That broken jaw was years ago. Are you the exact same person you were back then? I'm not.

For the five millionth time, no one thinks Geno is the long-term answer here, but he's fine for what we need this year, which is not a TANK year but a BRIDGE year (or two, depending on whether Pete wants to redshirt the rookie next season).
The broken jaw may have been years ago but let me tell you what wasn't: driving drunk at 96 MPH in the state of Washington! Endangering lives! And then he insulted the cops who arrested them by saying they had small peepees! Bad decision making! sad!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The question is would the Hawks win more games with Mayfield or Geno? We ALL know the answer to this.
Nope, you seem to be the Quarterback whispering Know-it-All.
We KNOW that you amongst a few other Quarterback savants round these parts, can't stand Geno Smith.
So tell us swami, how many MORE games the Seahawks WOULD have won with Mayfield, or Jimmy G. at the helm? 1?? 2?? And now tell us the differences in the 23 Draft had they made a trade for either of those two other guys.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Keeping it simple:

$5 million

Why is it so unfathomable that the hawks think Geno can do the job? If he doesnt do the job what have the Hawks lost? Everybody is so convinced that Geno is going to tank nobody is even giving him a chance. And what if he is successful will you then just find another reason why he shouldnt be the QB because you dont want to be wrong? I personally think the Hawks are going to draft a qb next year and that will solve the qb issue but my Gawd, before everybody melts down lets see what Geno is going to bring. Give him 5-6 games in the regular season and see what happens
Keeping it simple:

$5 million

Lol it proves nothing. Pete Carroll doesnt tank games..

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks.net has become a wasteland of negativity with fringe/fair weather "fan's" hoping for losses.
From the onset through the 70's, 80's & 90's loyal Hawk fan's were steadfast for decades in our small market, underdog mode.
This along with the highest decibel level was how the 12's were born, something to be proud of.
Now a new breed of fan wants to throw games so a college kid can try to be our saviour, helluva way to circle the wagons.
Seems like there would be more posts about HOW to beat RW & the Donkeys...
2-high safeties. I doubt the donko's oline knows how to block for RW yet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The broken jaw may have been years ago but let me tell you what wasn't: driving drunk at 96 MPH in the state of Washington! Endangering lives! And then he insulted the cops who arrested them by saying they had small peepees! Bad decision making! sad!
Oh yeah, I can see where drinking, speeding & insulting cops translates to his On Field decisions....Give me a damned break Welshers.
You keep saying the SAME stuff over & over & over ADD NAUSIUM...N-E-W-S-F-L-A-S-H!!! Geno Smith is NOT the only Football player that's had run-ins with the Law...Sherm??, Marshawn?? JUST TO NAME A COUPLE, sh!t like this happens ALL THE TIME & by players all over the U.S. of A.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Why is it so unfathomable that the hawks think Geno can do the job? If he doesnt do the job what have the Hawks lost? Everybody is so convinced that Geno is going to tank nobody is even giving him a chance. And what if he is successful will you then just find another reason why he shouldnt be the QB because you dont want to be wrong? I personally think the Hawks are going to draft a qb next year and that will solve the qb issue but my Gawd, before everybody melts down lets see what Geno is going to bring. Give him 5-6 games in the regular season and see what happens

Lol it proves nothing. Pete Carroll doesnt tank games..
T-H-I-S ^^^^