Nick Bellore on D?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Did I miss the news about Nick Bellore playing defense? When did that change happen and is it permanent?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Might be semi-permanent if we need the depth this season. He was originally a linebacker, so it's a good fit, and he's played well.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He’s been playing on D all preseason and playing pretty well too. Useful player Ashe plays FB and Stt as well. Last season he was a Pro Bowl ST player. He’s not bad as a FB as well. He’s a baller.

kf3339

Reaction score
Bellore playing LB/FB opens up a spot on the team. Perhaps a 10th DL or OL for depth.

sutz

Reaction score
FB may have even less of a role in Waldron's offense, so keeping Bellore as a depth LB sounds good to me.

:2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I thought he and Rittaker (sp?) both looked good tonight.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bellore is a special teams demon, being able to fill a LB spot and a situational FB spot frees up a RB spot till BBK can come back.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like what I saw of him this preseason. Doing multiple things only makes him more valuable to the team.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
Appyhawk":37csvq3l said:
Bellore is playing everything. And he's doing a good job at everything, too. I was surprised to see him do so well in coverage.

Same.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
balakoth":3tjp79an said:
Must have missed last week too then.

Old news

Yes, I've missed the last two games. The guy plays each position very well. Pleasantly surprised how good he was playing at the LB position.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's his main position right now according to pressers. He's been an LB in the past.

toffee

Reaction score
He did well in this preseason as a LB, but playing mostly against other team's backups? The real test will come once the OCs have enough film on him to study and dissect his moves.

toffee

Reaction score
He did well in this preseason as a LB, but playing mostly against other team's backups? The real test will come once the OCs have enough film on him to study and dissect his moves.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
toffee":1tt82f0w said:

Bellore should be ok since he’s a backup LB himself. Brooks, Wagner, Taylor/Barton are the players ahead of him. If OCs are busy game planning for a backup LB, then it really bodes well for the Seahawks.

sutz

Reaction score
toffee":2be4btyv said:
Bellore isn't and won't be a starter. He's a backup LB for us.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Very impressed with Bellore (and Barton) this preseason, although I imagine the shine would come off a bit if they were going against more starters. In any event, great depth and team players to have for ST and in case of emergency.

Latest posts