NFC West Results & Rankings After Week 14

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST: featuring three of the better teams in football. Along with one dysfunctional mess.

Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) LA RAMS (9-4)

Stafford finally looked great on national TV after having some embarrassing performances previously. ODB gives them an added dimension that might be enough to push them back into being the favorites to take the conference.

(2) AZ CARDINALS (10-3)

Kyler had 2 bad interceptions like he was Jimmy G not seeing the underneath defenders. Kliff could've kicked two fieldgoals instead of going for it on 4th down, costing his team a potential 6 points earlier in the game. D-Hop dropped a ball on one of those 4th down attempts. They made too many mistakes to win this game.

(3) SF 49ERS (7-6)

The referees swung the game massively in the Niners favor by calling a taunting penalty at the end of the 1st half giving them a cheap TD to end said first half. For all the whining I heard last week from that fanbase about the officiating, I am sure they will be apologizing in taking away a win from Cinny given how classy they are. I think they make the playoffs in an overall mediocre NFC, but they won't do anything when they get there.

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (5-8)

They played the Texans with a backup rookie QB. They looked like a minor league organization, yet kept it close most of the game until Seattle blew it open in the 4th. Wilson looks mostly right, I counted only 1 throw getting away from him. That number has decreased every week since coming back from injury.

It's become painfully clear to me that DK is a run after the catch receiver not a go up and get it receiver. The Seahawks need to use him properly. They need to move DK around and get the ball into his hands early and often, similarly to how SF uses Deebo.

Fun Fact: A Seahawks runningback hadn't rushed for that many yards (139) since Thomas Rawls in 2015. For Pete wanting to be a running team I found that number to be pretty shocking.

nutluck

Reaction score
Despite the Rams just beating the Cards. I still think at the moment the Cards are the better team.

chris98251

Reaction score
nutluck":107l27xc said:
Despite the Rams just beating the Cards. I still think at the moment the Cards are the better team.

Better, maybe. But now they have a Monkey on their back they have to dispose of, can they win under pressure and in have to contests.

That can be a painful lesson as it wastes opportunity years, some teams get it right away, some take a few seasons like we did.

nutluck

Reaction score
chris98251":2kbxwke8 said:
nutluck":2kbxwke8 said:

Better, maybe. But now they have a Monkey on their back they have to dispose of, can they win under pressure and in have to contests.

That can be a painful lesson as it wastes opportunity years, some teams get it right away, some take a few seasons like we did.

Yeah my biggest I am not so sure about the Rams is their win lose ratio against playoff teams. Teams I think can and will make a strong playoff push this year. Currently they are 2-3 against those teams, for me that is a concern. Cards they are 1-1 and they beat the Bucs, that is their 2 wins. They lost to the Cards, Packers and Titans.

Anyways 4 more weeks to find out which is the better team in the NFCW. I still think there is a good chance the NFCW will represent the NFC in the super bowl the big question is which team is it. Right now I just feel the cards are the better rounded team.

chris98251

Reaction score
nutluck":cs3slo02 said:
chris98251":cs3slo02 said:
nutluck":cs3slo02 said:

Yeah my biggest I am not so sure about the Rams is their win lose ratio against playoff teams. Teams I think can and will make a strong playoff push this year. Currently they are 2-3 against those teams, for me that is a concern. Cards they are 1-1 and they beat the Bucs, that is their 2 wins. They lost to the Cards, Packers and Titans.

Anyways 4 more weeks to find out which is the better team in the NFCW. I still think there is a good chance the NFCW will represent the NFC in the super bowl the big question is which team is it. Right now I just feel the cards are the better rounded team.

Thats the beauty of getting to the playoffs, Rams with Stafford who has the Monkey on his back also being in Detroit has yet to prove he can do it with a spotlight on him under a National Spotlight, Cards that whole team has yet to experience Playoff football really, Seattle is the most experiences even though our success has been one and done lately.

Matchups the Rams and Cardinals don't want, Bucs, Packers, Cowboys, and Seahawks. 49ers are tweeners on this I think they have a mix but the Jimmie factor is their issue.

nutluck

Reaction score
chris98251":176qqbhz said:
Thats the beauty of getting to the playoffs, Rams with Stafford who has the Monkey on his back also being in Detroit has yet to prove he can do it with a spotlight on him under a National Spotlight, Cards that whole team has yet to experience Playoff football really, Seattle is the most experiences even though our success has been one and done lately.

Matchups the Rams and Cardinals don't want, Bucs, Packers, Cowboys, and Seahawks. 49ers are tweeners on this I think they have a mix but the Jimmie factor is their issue.

Yeah anything can happen when the playoffs starts. For the Cards I honestly believe they are the most over all talented team in the NFC right now, their biggest issues is lack of playoff experience and the pressure could get to them. But there is not a team in the NFC right now that I don't see the Cards having at least a 50% or better chance of winning against. They are currently my SB pick for the NFC, we will see how the rest of the season goes of course, after the Rams lose in prime team they might have a late season collapse we have seen that happen to other talented teams over the years.

The Rams seem ok against the cards, 50/50 this year and I think they swept them last year if I recall. The Bucs the Rams match up well against the Rams are 2-0 against the Bucs since Brady got there and I think that is just because of AD. The games Brady struggles the most is when he is pressured up the middle and AD is the best in the NFL at that. The Cowboys I see them fairly well matched up and could easily see it go either way. The Rams I think would struggle against the 9er's if they make it(the rams just always struggle against them for some reason) and the Packers because the Rams are a pass first team and Green Bay in January is not ideal place for that and if the Rams have to play the Packers it will be in Green Bay.

flv

Reaction score
It was a very good win for the Rams but it doesn't disguise it being a 7 point game where Murray threw 2 INTs and the team was 1 for 3 on 4th downs. If there wasn't a tipped pass on the Cardinals 2nd drive the game could have started out 10-0, and the Rams aren't good playing from behind. It's a personal choice ranking so no problem either way. The Cardinals are still favourite to win the division.

VA49er

Reaction score
Fade":j008mtd2 said:
THE NFC WEST: featuring three of the better teams in football. Along with one dysfunctional mess.

Just a sentence or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) LA RAMS (9-4)

Stafford finally looked great on national TV after having some embarrassing performances previously. ODB gives them an added dimension that might be enough to push them back into being the favorites to take the conference.

(2) AZ CARDINALS (10-3)

Kyler had 2 bad interceptions like he was Jimmy G not seeing the underneath defenders. Kliff could've kicked two fieldgoals instead of going for it on 4th down, costing his team a potential 6 points earlier in the game. D-Hop dropped a ball on one of those 4th down attempts. They made too many mistakes to win this game.

(3) SF 49ERS (7-6)

The referees swung the game massively in the Niners favor by calling a taunting penalty at the end of the 1st half giving them a cheap TD to end said first half. For all the whining I heard last week from that fanbase about the officiating, I am sure they will be apologizing in taking away a win from Cinny given how classy they are. I think they make the playoffs in an overall mediocre NFC, but they won't do anything when they get there.

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (5-8)

They played the Texans with a backup rookie QB. They looked like a minor league organization, yet kept it close most of the game until Seattle blew it open in the 4th. Wilson looks mostly right, I counted only 1 throw getting away from him. That number has decreased every week since coming back from injury.

It's become painfully clear to me that DK is a run after the catch receiver not a go up and get it receiver. The Seahawks need to use him properly. They need to move DK around and get the ball into his hands early and often, similarly to how SF uses Deebo.

Fun Fact: A Seahawks runningback hadn't rushed for that many yards (139) since Thomas Rawls in 2015. For Pete wanting to be a running team I found that number to be pretty shocking.

Funny a Seahawks fan talking about refs. Hawks benefited from the no call in the endzone, could've been at minimum holding or PI. Not saying it would've guaranteed a win but we'll never know.

Taunting as dumb of a rule as it is its still a rule and being called. The players know it and yet Bengal player pointed right at the 9er player right in front of refs. Discipline is the issue not the call.

VA49er

Reaction score
chris98251":26v7jtge said:
nutluck":26v7jtge said:
chris98251":26v7jtge said:
nutluck":26v7jtge said:

AZ and KM in particular don't handle pressure very well. As long as thing are going their way they're very good. Get behind or have a few negative plays and the pressure is too much.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yeah that was a lucky and very fortunate win for SF. 2 muffed punts and the taunting led to 17 easy points. Jimmy is a fraud dude just throws shit up for grabs lol

94Smith

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":axdeo4q9 said:
Yeah that was a lucky and very fortunate win for SF. 2 muffed punts and the taunting led to 17 easy points. Jimmy is a fraud dude just throws $h!t up for grabs lol

Seattle beats SF due to special teams blunders (twice by the way) = great team wins. SF beats Cincinnati due to special teams blunders = Jimmy is a fraud, SF is lucky.

Special teams is part of the game Arlos.

Game 1 - KR fumble (led to a TD), missed extra point (P kicking for Gould), missed field goal (P-wishnowsky) = 11 points
Game 2- Fake punt TD, KR fumble (led to a safety), missed extra point = 10 points

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
VA49er":3cis2vgx said:
ArlosSpecial":3cis2vgx said:
Yeah that was a lucky and very fortunate win for SF. 2 muffed punts and the taunting led to 17 easy points. Jimmy is a fraud dude just throws $h!t up for grabs lol

Ah more nonsense from the racist. Surprised you didn't call him a d@go.

Jimmy has more talent than you ever dreamed of having.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/1 ... se-record/
Stinky is all you got you're stuck with him. He throws wobbly, off target floaters that Kittle has to sky to grab. He often gets hurt going after high throws by Jimmy. He looked like absolute dogshit against Cincy. Go home, wipe your ass and cry in the corner. You're stuck with Stinky G.....deal with it

VA49er

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3n7qxl1g said:
VA49er":3n7qxl1g said:
ArlosSpecial":3n7qxl1g said:

Stinky is all you got you're stuck with him. He throws wobbly, off target floaters that Kittle has to sky to grab. He often gets hurt going after high throws by Jimmy. He looked like absolute $h!t against Cincy. Go home, wipe your ass and cry in the corner. You're stuck with Stinky G.....deal with it

Cool story bro

Ramfan128

Reaction score
flv":yh46ec1d said:
It was a very good win for the Rams but it doesn't disguise it being a 7 point game where Murray threw 2 INTs and the team was 1 for 3 on 4th downs. If there wasn't a tipped pass on the Cardinals 2nd drive the game could have started out 10-0, and the Rams aren't good playing from behind. It's a personal choice ranking so no problem either way. The Cardinals are still favourite to win the division.

I think the Cardinals will win the division.

But this win for the Rams was insane. Ramsey a top 5 defensive player and a huge chess piece and was declared out the same day of the game - which means the gameplan was already installed.

Their victory over us was by a larger margin, but was one where we also left a lot on the field with drops and turnovers.

rlkats

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3qjdpk9h said:
VA49er":3qjdpk9h said:
ArlosSpecial":3qjdpk9h said:

Stinky is all you got you're stuck with him. He throws wobbly, off target floaters that Kittle has to sky to grab. He often gets hurt going after high throws by Jimmy. He looked like absolute $h!t against Cincy. Go home, wipe your ass and cry in the corner. You're stuck with Stinky G.....deal with it

Wow that’s funny out of his entire post the only thing you found offensive was Jimmy G. I guess being called a racist didn’t matter. Well if the shoe fits I guess.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
rlkats":pwjz15o4 said:
ArlosSpecial":pwjz15o4 said:
VA49er":pwjz15o4 said:
ArlosSpecial":pwjz15o4 said:

Wow that’s funny out of his entire post the only thing you found offensive was Jimmy G. I guess being called a racist didn’t matter. Well if the shoe fits I guess.
You’re stuck with Stinky :drool:

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":1wawjjrv said:
ArlosSpecial":1wawjjrv said:
VA49er":1wawjjrv said:
ArlosSpecial":1wawjjrv said:

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":3qivwacz said:
VA49er":3qivwacz said:
ArlosSpecial":3qivwacz said:

My goodness ! Do you type these posts while you're on recess at your middle school ? Because your responses are very immature and stupid at the least and always so repetitive. Fudge, Pack, Stinky, Wipe your ass, cry in the corner.
I'm assuming this is what you and your other 12 year old buddies say to each as your playing in the playground.
Grow up ! You're the laughing stock of this board !

NINEster

Reaction score
VA49er":1a2s5h0b said:
Fade":1a2s5h0b said:

(1) LA RAMS (9-4)

(2) AZ CARDINALS (10-3)

(3) SF 49ERS (7-6)

(4) SEA SEAHAWKS (5-8)

Funny a Seahawks fan talking about refs. Hawks benefited from the no call in the endzone, could've been at minimum holding or PI. Not saying it would've guaranteed a win but we'll never know.

Taunting as dumb of a rule as it is its still a rule and being called. The players know it and yet Bengal player pointed right at the 9er player right in front of refs. Discipline is the issue not the call.

Haha yeah, very selective penalty choices by our friends on here.

Overall the 49ers did benefit from some special teams gaffes, but at the same time those are pretty much what blew open the Seahawks to beat the 49ers in the first game.

As for that no call in the end zone in Seattle at the end, I'd tolerate a lot more if calls were even going both ways in this department, but of course they weren't.