NFC WEST RESULTS & RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 1

Fade

Reaction score
THE NFC WEST the best division in football. Just a paragraph or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) LA RAMS (1-0)

They look like the team to beat, as they are too damn good on defense, and Stafford is a huge step up from Goff. McVay is the master at adjusting and game management, never having had a losing season, even while dragging bum Goff. I don't know if people realize it, but the Rams where the best team in the NFL last year if you ignored the QB spot.

Stafford just has to be league average, he doesn't need to be the franchise. He looked good in his LA debut. The Rams cannot afford anymore major injuries to RB or that could potentially screw them up. And injuries to their stars hurt a little bit more than other teams due to the massive dropoff they will experience and how they have a larger % of their cap tied to so few players.

(2) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-0)

Russell Wilson has a good OC now, he will be even better, which is mortifying for the whole league not just the NFC WEST. They are loaded on the D-Line being able to send wave after wave of pass rushers. Teams can't just take away 1 guy. With that said, the Seahawks do not have Jalen Ramsey, not even close. They are weak at CB and need to pursue a trade by mid-year.

Fun fact: Seattle the second half of last season were amongst the league leaders in sacks. They are now deeper with the pass rush Taylor, Green (contract year), & Hyder. To go along with Dunlap, Robinson, Mayowa. Poona & Mone albeit runstuffers are sneaky good as rushers as well. Then Jamal Adams is blitzed frequently. Pass rush will not be Seattle's weakness, coverage on the outside will.

(3) AZ CARDINALS (1-0)

I posted earlier in this off-season that Murray could make a big leap in year 3 and tilt the scales, it looks like that may be the case. They are a scary team that bullied the Titans. Their HC has never had a winning season so I'll keep them at #3, but if they keep this up I won't hesitate to shoot them up the list.

(4) SF 49ERS (1-0)

A Pyrrhic victory for the 49ers as they lost their fragile #1 CB to a torn ACL that everyone could see coming a mile away. Their #2 corner was already injured and out going into this game. You think the Seahawks are bad at corner? Get a load of the Niners, after JV they have 2 day three rookies, and bum ass Josh Norman. Raheem Mostert got hurt, and it is unknown how bad it is. This is not surprising and I tried to tell resident 49ers fans, most of the 49ers best players are injury prone. They will always be an injured team. You'd think it would sink in as this happens season after season, but it never does.

QB - Jimmy, injury prone. Sold the farm for Taysom Hill, to solidify the backup spot.
RB - Mostert, injury prone. (Already hurt).
OL - Trent Williams has never played a full season and is getting older. OL injuries happen.
DE - Nick Bosa, injury prone. (Tore both ACL's in his knees already).
DE - Dee Ford, injury prone would be putting it lightly. It's a miracle he hasn't gotten injured yet. Good for him.
DT - Kinlaw, always injured. Did not play.
CB - Varrett, he's been injured his whole career, except for last year. Tough break for him, but predictable.
SS - Tartt, injury prone. I though he was going to retire due to injury before the season started honestly.

Deebo & Kittle are borderline. They get injured again and they too will also be classified as injury prone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fade":3o32ff1x said:
THE NFC WEST the best division in football. Just a paragraph or two write up will suffice. I'm not trying to do an entire scouting report or essay on this.

(1) LA RAMS (1-0)

They look like the team to beat, as they are too damn good on defense, and Stafford is a huge step up from Goff. McVay is the master at adjusting and game management, never having had a losing season, even while dragging bum Goff. I don't know if people realize it, but the Rams where the best team in the NFL last year if you ignored the QB spot.

Stafford just has to be league average, he doesn't need to be the franchise. He looked good in his LA debut. The Rams cannot afford anymore major injuries to RB or that could potentially screw them up. And injuries to their stars hurt a little bit more than other teams due to the massive dropoff they will experience and how they have a larger % of their cap tied to so few players.

(2) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-0)

Russell Wilson has a good OC now, he will be even better, which is mortifying for the whole league not just the NFC WEST. They are loaded on the D-Line being able to send wave after wave of pass rushers. Teams can't just take away 1 guy. With that said, the Seahawks do not have Jalen Ramsey, not even close. They are weak at CB and need to pursue a trade by mid-year.

Fun fact: Seattle the second half of last season were amongst the league leaders in sacks. They are now deeper with the pass rush Taylor, Green (contract year), & Hyder. To go along with Dunlap, Robinson, Mayowa. Poona & Mone albeit runstuffers are sneaky good as rushers as well. Then Jamal Adams is blitzed frequently. Pass rush will not be Seattle's weakness, coverage on the outside will.

(3) AZ CARDINALS (1-0)

I posted earlier in this off-season that Murray could make a big leap in year 3 and tilt the scales, it looks like that may be the case. They are a scary team that bullied the Titans. Their HC has never had a winning season so I'll keep them at #3, but if they keep this up I won't hesitate to shoot them up the list.

(4) SF 49ERS (1-0)

A Pyrrhic victory for the 49ers as they lost their fragile #1 CB to a torn ACL that everyone could see coming a mile away. Their #2 corner was already injured and out going into this game. You think the Seahawks are bad at corner? Get a load of the Niners, after JV they have 2 day three rookies, and bum ass Josh Norman. Raheem Mostert got hurt, and it is unknown how bad it is. This is not surprising and I tried to tell resident 49ers fans, most of the 49ers best players are injury prone. They will always be an injured team. You'd think it would sink in as this happens season after season, but it never does.

QB - Jimmy, injury prone. Sold the farm for Taysom Hill, to solidify the backup spot.
OL - Trent Williams has never played a full season and is getting older. OL injuries happen.
DE - Dee Ford, injury prone would be putting it lightly. It's a miracle he hasn't gotten injured yet. Good for him.
CB - Varrett, he's been injured his whole career, except for last year. Tough break for him, but predictable.
SS - Tartt, injury prone. I though he was going to retire due to injury before the season started honestly.

Deebo & Kittle are borderline. They get injured again and they too will also be classified as injury prone.
You’re going to get Marvin’s back up with all of that “negativity” (see truth) about the Niners and their injuries.
They’re “great” defense gave up 33 to a weak Lions team.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":a4f1gmy0 said:
Fade":a4f1gmy0 said:

(1) LA RAMS (1-0)

(2) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-0)

(3) AZ CARDINALS (1-0)

(4) SF 49ERS (1-0)

You’re going to get Marvin’s back up with all of that “negativity” (see truth) about the Niners and their injuries.

Hawks beat the Colts who were missing important starters. Its the 1st week.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":2mcxvi03 said:
Sports Hernia":2mcxvi03 said:
Fade":2mcxvi03 said:

(1) LA RAMS (1-0)

(2) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-0)

(3) AZ CARDINALS (1-0)

(4) SF 49ERS (1-0)

Yes they were missing players, but it's how they beat them, they let off the gas on offense, they went to a more prevent defense in the secondary all in third quarter. They were playing for practice not killer instinct. Most could see the change.

Oh as a footnote, Only the Eagles won in the NFC East and Everyone lost in the NFC North today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":1sl15h2c said:
Sports Hernia":1sl15h2c said:
Fade":1sl15h2c said:

(1) LA RAMS (1-0)

(2) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-0)

(3) AZ CARDINALS (1-0)

(4) SF 49ERS (1-0)

It’s amazing how the Hawks wins are always considered “lucky” by Niner fans, yes I still read your own forum.
Nothing I said in my previous post was untrue, and your team was 20 yards (and a 2pt conversion) away from overtime against the Lions.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
49ers one year window was two years ago. Now all of John Lynch's bad moves and acquisitions are catching up to them. I hope they enjoy last place again this year.

As for the Colts missing important starters it wouldn't have mattered. Indy was physically manhandled yesterday in pretty much every aspect of the game. In other words they got their ass kicked. The 49ers on the other hand were in a one score rock fight with the Lions lol Goff torched that swiss cheese secondary

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2606ksd4 said:
Washington49er":2606ksd4 said:
Sports Hernia":2606ksd4 said:
Fade":2606ksd4 said:

(1) LA RAMS (1-0)

(2) SEA SEAHAWKS (1-0)

(3) AZ CARDINALS (1-0)

(4) SF 49ERS (1-0)

It’s amazing how the Hawks wins are always considered “lucky” by Niner fans, yes I still read your own forum.
Nothing I said in my previous post was untrue, and your team was 20 yards (and a 2pt conversion) away from overtime against the Lions.

Not saying its luck at all, just stating facts. Pretty eazy opening games for all of the NFCW. You made your comment about letting Detroit put up 33, 9ers still won by 12. My math might be off but 28-16 still equals 12. Grab at straws much? Pretty bad when you have to go look for something.

"Well, well the 9ers let Detroit put up 33", sad.

That game was over halfway through the 3rd.

nutluck

Reaction score
It was great seeing the Rams do so well, they got off to a bit of a slow start honestly on offense and defense(other than two key plays the long TD and tipped int) but then they just pretty much had their way with the bears in the second half.

I thought the seahawks looked better, they pretty much stomped on the Colts. I watched this game and the Rams game

The 9ers looked good, but only seen highlights

But in all honesty, I was most impressed by the Cards. They faced a team that just about everyone including me thought was going to the division winner and a serious playoff team and just destroyed them. Again only seen the highlights.

With all that said it is still to early to judge this week one wins, as it is hard to judge the talent of the teams they beat. I mean if the Titans end up falling apart and going 0-17 that win looks a lot less impressive. Same if the Bears end up 5-12 etc.

Still great to see the NFC west so far living up to the hype.

notyou

Reaction score
Washington49er":2mpscuqq said:
Sports Hernia":2mpscuqq said:
Washington49er":2mpscuqq said:
Sports Hernia":2mpscuqq said:

Not saying its luck at all, just stating facts. Pretty eazy opening games for all of the NFCW. You made your comment about letting Detroit put up 33, 9ers still won by 12. My math might be off but 28-16 still equals 12. Grab at straws much? Pretty bad when you have to go look for something.

Unless I'm reading the score wrong, 41-33 is an 8 point win, not 12.

Washington49er

Reaction score
notyou":31r0qxhq said:
Washington49er":31r0qxhq said:
Sports Hernia":31r0qxhq said:
Washington49er":31r0qxhq said:

Yes I stand corrected. It's funny how when the Hawks win by 3 or less its "a w is a w", but if the 9ers win by 8 in garbage time after putting in scrubs its "9ers let Detroit put up 33".

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Washington49er":6lrx1m0t said:
notyou":6lrx1m0t said:
Washington49er":6lrx1m0t said:
Sports Hernia":6lrx1m0t said:

Yes I stand corrected. It's funny how when the Hawks win by 3 or less its "a w is a w", but if the 9ers win by 8 in garbage time after putting in scrubs its "9ers let Detroit put up 33".
What's funnier is when the Seahawks allow garbage yards 49er fans be like "You suck!!! you gave up 350 yards to Goff"

Now that the shoe is on the other foot you sing a different tune. "We allowed it by design to bleed clock" lol :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just stating facts???? Your precious 39ers gave up 33 points against a crap team and almost blew the game.

Hawks dominated a playoff team on the road, and a very good O line. ACTUAL FACTS

Marvin49

Reaction score
OK..."precious 49ers gave up 33 pts".

LOL.

OK...few things for the record...

1) The score was 41-17 with 5.5 minutes left when the 49ers pulled their starters to avoid injuries like the one they just got to Verrett.
2) Lions drove and scored TD and 2pt conversion vs backups. 41-25.
3) Lost onside kick
4) Lions drove again against backups to score second TD and 2 pt conversion. 41-33.
5) 49ers on verge of icing game when Deebo fumbled.
6) 49ers reinserted starters and made the final stand.

Unacceptable. Even against backups, Lions shouldn't have been able to do that, but there was no Bosa, no Warner, no Greenlaw, no Ward, and no Tartt on the field on those drives. It wasn't as dire you guys let on, but I'll say this specifically.

Negative:

1) 49ers interior run D was getting gashed bad all game, not just at the end. Part of that was Kinlaw out and some of that is weakness of the Wide 9. Its a serious problem moving forward. If teams can do that all year, it will kill them.
2) Verrett getting injured is heartbreaking and sadly not unexpected. Trusting an oft-injured CB to stay healthy wasn't a good plan. There is a reason they got him cheap on a 1 year deal.

Positive:

1) Rookie Deommodore Lenoir however on the other side was a pleasant surprise. 55 Coverage snaps, gave up 3 yards. Depth at CB will be a major issue.
2) Mostert hurt again which is frustrating, but rookie 5th rounder Elijah Mitchell ran for over 100 and a TD. Shanahans just seem to manufacture RBs.

Should be noted that while Mostert and Verrett are fragile (I won't even start to argue they are not) the 49er DID draft 2 corners (Ambry Thomas and Deommodore Lenoir) and 2 RBs (Elijah Mitchell and Trey Sermon). Lenoir and Mitchell played well yesterday. We'll see how they play going forward.

49ers were at one point up 38-10 and IMO had the worst performance in the NFC West yesterday.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":tblv590z said:
49ers one year window was two years ago. Now all of John Lynch's bad moves and acquisitions are catching up to them. I hope they enjoy last place again this year.

As for the Colts missing important starters it wouldn't have mattered. Indy was physically manhandled yesterday in pretty much every aspect of the game. In other words they got their ass kicked. The 49ers on the other hand were in a one score rock fight with the Lions lol Goff torched that swiss cheese secondary

If you are referring to the secondary of Tavon Wilson, Talanoa Hufanga, Dontae Johnson and Ambry Thomas with pass rushers Arden Key and Samson Ebukam...

...then yes, he ripped apart that swiss cheese secondary.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Marvin49":3bjmrabb said:
ArlosSpecial":3bjmrabb said:

If you are referring to the secondary of Tavon Wilson, Talanoa Hufanga, Dontae Johnson and Ambry Thomas with pass rushers Arden Key and Samson Ebukam...

Ward and Fartt might be the worst safety tandem in football and I don't even know who your corners are

Marvin49

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":34hm3gq3 said:
Marvin49":34hm3gq3 said:
ArlosSpecial":34hm3gq3 said:

Ward and Fartt might be the worst safety tandem in football and I don't even know who your corners are

....right.

Sounds like a you problem.

BTW, check out the Quarter splits on Jared Goff yesterday. I wonder when things changed. Hrrmm.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/3046779/jared-goff

xray

Reaction score
AZ looked the best of the 4 . They embarrassed the Titans . They might embarrass many teams this season . The NFC West will see 3 teams in post season . IMO

Marvin49

Reaction score
xray":2ntpl31q said:
AZ looked the best of the 4 . They embarrassed the Titans . They might embarrass many teams this season . The NFC West will see 3 teams in post season . IMO

I agree RE AZ.