Next destination for Russell Wilson?

flv2

Reaction score
Im on mobile so said solution doesn’t really work, but thanks for showing how the laptop ppl can fix it. It’s really just a bizarre quirk unless for some reason they hate BR.
Just signed into a XenForo site not linked to @Shaggy, (unless he's into some really kinky s**t, [oops busted] ), and the BR link worked ok there - at least on the preview. That would suggest that it's fixable here and at hoopla. It will require someone with coding skill and admin level access.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
He's so going to the Raiders. Russ and Ciara will be walking around Vegas thinking they are Jay Z and Beyonce (but everyone else will view them as the Dollar General version of those two).
This is probably the most likely outside of retiring. Tater and Ciara in Las Vegas = must watch TV.

ccla

Reaction score
He's so going to the Raiders. Russ and Ciara will be walking around Vegas thinking they are Jay Z and Beyonce (but everyone else will view them as the Dollar General version of those two).

😂. That is just mean. Probably true, but mean.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Raiders coach Anthony Pierce said he wasn’t interested in “band aids.” At pick 13, they’re in the Bo/Mike/jj range and have Aidan o Connell able to be the bridge qb

Torc

Reaction score
I don't care where he goes, but I'm interested in his mindset. When he was traded to the Broncos he was coming in as the missing piece, the player who was taking them over the edge to a super bowl.

Now, it seems like his pitch is "take a chance on me, I'll play for veteran minimum for a year, cuz the Broncos are paying the big bucks already". He's not going to a place that will build around him, he's probably going to keep the seat warm for the next guy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wants to play into his 40's, 5 more Super bowls.

Now just wants to play on a winner and have a chance at a Super Bowl.

Yep he has had to make a few minor adjustments.

Next up.

I just want to play.

I just want to have a chance to be on a team.

Torc

Reaction score
Holy crap. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but read into the lines on the statements they quoted, and that looks like a guy with not a whole lot of respect for Wilson. "I respect him for trying to branch out but boy does he suck."

RiverDog

Reaction score
Carolina wasn't even on the short list as they already have a starting quarterback and Russell has said he doesn't want to go to another team as a backup.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well at his next stop, Russ should NOT be putting his baggage on display. Payton made Denver and Russ in particular tone down their socials and their antics. His next coach will expect the same.

The other thing any coach needs to realize is that he, coach, needs to make his offense basically two guys Russ throws to plus the check down. Russ will also have to have a decent running game and a better than average o line to even have a chance at 9-8.
A QB who gets sacked 40-50 times a year every season right?
At what point is it not the OL?
It doesn't matter,he could have the Dallas OL but he does not
make the correct reads at the line and holds the ball too long.
It's like always have said "when the legs are gone he's done".
It gets worse every year he gets older.
I agree with you on the baggage - He brings that on himself.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Wants to play into his 40's, 5 more Super bowls.

Now just wants to play on a winner and have a chance at a Super Bowl.

Yep he has had to make a few minor adjustments.

Next up.

I just want to play.

I just want to have a chance to be on a team.
Wilson didn't see this coming when he sent that request to fire Pete and John. Karma, is indeed a bit*h. Wilson also totally underestimated Ms Allen.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not a big Florio fan, but he explained something I hadn't seen explained anywhere else. The Broncos didn't ask to give up his $37M injury guarantee for 2025, they asked him to move the vesting date for it from beginning of the league year in 2024 to the beginning of the league year in 2025. That's what Russ refused to do. But that's not the way Russ explained it.

Russ can rightfully be called out of touch. That's what happens when you surround yourself with yes-men and then listen to them as if they were telling you objective truth. But he's smart enough to know when he's being dishonest.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not a big Florio fan, but he explained something I hadn't seen explained anywhere else. The Broncos didn't ask to give up his $37M injury guarantee for 2025, they asked him to move the vesting date for it from beginning of the league year in 2024 to the beginning of the league year in 2025. That's what Russ refused to do. But that's not the way Russ explained it.

Russ can rightfully be called out of touch. That's what happens when you surround yourself with yes-men and then listen to them as if they were telling you objective truth. But he's smart enough to know when he's being dishonest.
What Wilson either didn't know or refuse to acknowledge? The simple fact they he now just a journey men, no long a star, let alone a super star.

Come to think of it, he is a journey man with baggage, a has been wife that will strip nude to get eye balls, a has been QB that still has an entourage. How many teams willingly take that on?

Russell Wilson reminds of an old movie: Sunset Boulevard.

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Maybe. Or, it could be that he's simply indecisive. I know a lot of very smart people who take forever to decide what dish on the menu to order, my wife being one of those folks.

But my best explanation is that he's been rewarded so often in the past by the big plays that resulted from his ability to ad lib when a play breaks down that he's become overconfident in his ability to escape a sack.
MY guess it’s his processing, there were multiple games in the first season with the Bronco’s where the WR would be wide open in the end zone with Wilson not throwing a pass there were times the receive would show his distaste by throwing his helmet in the ground there was a lot of negative body language

RiverDog

Reaction score
MY guess it’s his processing, there were multiple games in the first season with the Bronco’s where the WR would be wide open in the end zone with Wilson not throwing a pass there were times the receive would show his distaste by throwing his helmet in the ground there was a lot of negative body language
I remember once in 2022 vs. the Colts in overtime, but multiple games? You'll have to point out another one or two. But I get your point.

The fact that Russell doesn't see open receivers like he should may or may not be a processing issue. At 5'10", he may not have as good of field vision as other QB's. None of us can say for sure.

But whatever the reason, Russell isn't finding open receivers like he should. I go to at least 2, sometimes 3 games per season, many of which I'm sitting in the upper level where you can see the entire field. There were lots of times where there'd be an open receiver at the 8-15 yard range yet for one reason or another, Russ wouldn't see him. I know the last few seasons with us, he seemed to me to be infatuated with hitting Metcalf on a streak down the sidelines rather than simply moving the sticks. I know that in his last season with us, he had the worst 3rd down completion percentage of any QB in the league.

flv2

Reaction score

The 2025 guarantee is absolutely the pinch point. Effectively the Broncos options are to pay him $39M for nothing or pay him $76M for 2 more seasons. I saw this in Sep 2022 but I didn't see it for the ticking time bomb that it was. I didn't see Wilson deteriorating over 2 seasons to the point where no team would guarantee him $37M for the next 2 years. The Broncos were fools to have a full 4th season guarantee so early and Wilson would be an idiot to give up all of the early 2025 guarantee. He could have negotiated some of it down, (possibly $9M of 2025 fully guaranteed and some more guaranteeing after Week 15 or 16). That would have kept him in the starting role for 2024 with decent delayed future earnings. It would have given the Broncos an out if Wilson was bad or the team wasn't going to make the playoffs. No average or better QBs have retired this year and there are potentially 6 QBs about to join the NFL in the Draft's top 50 picks. It's a bad year to be a mediocre FA QB. I think he'd be better off working in the media for 2024 and then making a come-back in 2025. A few QBs could retire and that Draft looks weaker. He could be thought of more kindly in a year's time.