Next destination for Russell Wilson?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
With the Kirk Rumors to Atlanta heating up and the Steelers signaling no, Im doubling down on minny.

Josh Dobbs, Mullens and Hall did more than You’d expect. That’s coaching. They and every other team on Russ’ shortlist expect to bring in a first rounder.

xray

Reaction score
If he really wants another ring, his best bet would be backing up Pat Mahomes in KC and hoping he doesn't have to take the field in any meaningful games.
Imagine getting paid , win a SB Ring and never have to get off yer fat ass and play . A dream come true for any old vet .

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Patriots. They are likely going to move on from Mac Jones, they're sitting on the #2 pick, and might want a bridge quarterback that can take some initial pressure off their QBOTF for a season or two until he's ready to start. A cheap Russell Wilson would fit the bill nicely.

Makes sense.

Plus, he's already established himself as someone who can deliver a Super Bowl to New England with his arm.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hes got alot of good options and will probably have a better year than Denver 🤷🏻

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Vegas, Wilson can play football on the weekends, and join Mark Davis and Ciara for weekday shows. The Mark and Russ opening act will provide a boost to Ciara's career.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He says he wants to go to a contender at a bargain.

Xhttps://bleacherreport.com/articles/10111749-russell-wilson-rumors-qb-eyes-team-with-history-of-winning-wants-to-be-bargain

Take that first x out to read as Xenforo doesn’t process bleacher report.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well at his next stop, Russ should NOT be putting his baggage on display. Payton made Denver and Russ in particular tone down their socials and their antics. His next coach will expect the same.

The other thing any coach needs to realize is that he, coach, needs to make his offense basically two guys Russ throws to plus the check down. Russ will also have to have a decent running game and a better than average o line to even have a chance at 9-8.
Agreed with your first paragraph. One of the first things Payton did when he got to Denver is that he got Russell out of his private office and banned Team 3 from the facility.

The main thing that Russell needs to do is get the ball out of his hands quicker. He's consistently had one of the slowest times to throw number even though he's been given the longest 'pocket time,' the time between he either throws or the pocket collapses, and although there's other reasons for long pocket times, it's an indication that his sacks aren't always a protection issue.

Russell's had a long TT number all of his career. Early on, when he was a literal Houdini and could escape from the most impossible of situations, it wasn't an issue. He could extend plays, often times resulting in explosive, game changing plays. But he can't be doing that at 35-36 years old.

GemCity

Reaction score
This whole saga has me lol’ing.

Indeed…he burnt his bridges in Seattle. Denver was talking SB. Me3 made a dramatic entrance in his big ol pick ‘em up truck while wearing his own jersey.

Who can forget the “Let’s Ride” at the beginning of the season and then that weak ass murmur after the post game presser when reality kicked in.

I know a lot of folks still give him a pass due to his beliefs, charity work, bringing a Bowl to Seattle. I respect him for that. I really do.

But this story couldn’t have ended better.

No matter what he does from here on out, this massive shit stain can’t be removed from history. I believe he’s worked his way out of the HOF talk.

Classic example of the “grass isn’t always greener” proverb.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Agreed with your first paragraph. One of the first things Payton did when he got to Denver is that he got Russell out of his private office and banned Team 3 from the facility.

The main thing that Russell needs to do is get the ball out of his hands quicker. He's consistently had one of the slowest times to throw number even though he's been given the longest 'pocket time,' the time between he either throws or the pocket collapses, and although there's other reasons for long pocket times, it's an indication that his sacks aren't always a protection issue.

Russell's had a long TT number all of his career. Early on, when he was a literal Houdini and could escape from the most impossible of situations, it wasn't an issue. He could extend plays, often times resulting in explosive, game changing plays. But he can't be doing that at 35-36 years old.

Actually, Rosberg, the interm coach, did that. But Payton did dissuade him last year from making his Own personal life a team focus. Russ wasn’t putting out sexy Wife videos or having lavish birthday parties in which reporters were reporting player attendance.

Russ has a slow tt because he has a slow processor.

flv2

Reaction score
bleacherreport.com/articles/10111749-russell-wilson-rumors-qb-eyes-team-with-history-of-winning-wants-to-be-bargain

Good catch by @SantaClaraHawk. It's definitely a XenForo issue as that link can't be posted on another XenForo site with a different IP and DNS. Using the old [UR L=] posting method creates a [MEDI A=] response with a 488477 code. Interesting tech point.

bleacherreport.com/articles/10111749-russell-wilson-rumors-qb-eyes-team-with-history-of-winning-wants-to-be-bargain

The work around is to post some text, highlight the text, and then use the Insert link (Ctrl+K) button to post the ht tp address. Bit of a fudge.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russ has a slow tt because he has a slow processor.
Maybe. Or, it could be that he's simply indecisive. I know a lot of very smart people who take forever to decide what dish on the menu to order, my wife being one of those folks.

But my best explanation is that he's been rewarded so often in the past by the big plays that resulted from his ability to ad lib when a play breaks down that he's become overconfident in his ability to escape a sack.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Good catch by @SantaClaraHawk. It's definitely a XenForo issue as that link can't be posted on another XenForo site with a different IP and DNS. Using the old [UR L=] posting method creates a [MEDI A=] response with a 488477 code. Interesting tech point.

The work around is to post some text, highlight the text, and then use the Insert link (Ctrl+K) button to post the ht tp address. Bit of a fudge.

Im on mobile so said solution doesn’t really work, but thanks for showing how the laptop ppl can fix it. It’s really just a bizarre quirk unless for some reason they hate BR.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Most players - upon retirement - move to a city where they had success and were "Loved".

I am not sold that Tater will get a job in the NFL - could be wrong obviously - and may be forced to retire.

If so ---- where does he move? Where is he 'Loved"? Certainly not Denver. I'm not from Seattle so what is the temp on him there? Would he be well received in Seattle?

If Denver or Seattle are no go, I'm guessing he moves to LA to try and coattail off Ciara's "fame".

James in PA

Reaction score
He's so going to the Raiders. Russ and Ciara will be walking around Vegas thinking they are Jay Z and Beyonce (but everyone else will view them as the Dollar General version of those two).