Next destination for Russell Wilson?

RiverDog

Reaction score
unless he gets in a good situation and plays deep into the playoffs, his HOF chances are near zero… He would have to win it all to even have a shot.
Agreed, and even if he does get another ring, he's going to have to win a league MVP in doing so, a little more critical role than he played in 2013 where the primary factor in that team's success was the LOB.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
How much guaranteed money will he be still getting?

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I could NEVER imagine him winning another ring
We played denver to start the season I think in 2017 or 18 and von miller just kept running out wide vs the right tackle and more often than not , there was dangabicth
He got sacked like 5 to 10 times that game and I just said to myself , oh crap. Russ's game's been figured out and funny enough really only miller was one to use that game plan for a while but i believe he did it more than once to russ and it worked so he will never ever be what he could've been and make timing throws over the middle and find guys in stride like a really good QB should
Dude is WASHED , not the worst starting QB but any good team with a decent rush will roll em almost every time
He could get another gig somewhere but whoever takes him's an idiot , but good for him makin all that dough

chris98251

Reaction score
I think 34 or 39 million this season and 41 million next season by the Broncos, so he can sign a 2 year friendly deal where they have a chance, don't think he will take a minimum, his ego won't allow it and I don't think his Baseball agent will even look at that kind of offer.

Pissburgh and Atlanta have said no we don't want him already, grain of salt yes but it's been put out there, Vegas and Vikes, possible, New England I don't think is close enough to competing with the Jets and Bills for him also no Belichick and a new Coach.

Now that he is cut I have to find a new Avatar.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The Seahawks gotta sign him, league minimum, just for the novelty of having Denver pay his guaranteed salary while he's on our roster. How cool would it look to get the player's in the trade, all those draft picks, and have Denver pay Wilson too.
I don’t want to shoot this down because a part of me feels like Wilson could be solid in parts of Grubb’s offensive strategy. And just thinking if the Seahawks drafted Penix, he would be learning and mentored by two above average if not better deep ball passers in the NFL.

Financially, Wilson would probably be cheaper than Lock if he comes at the vet min. Operationally, he wouldn’t figure into the comp process. Football strategy wise, he is already familiar with Metcalf and Lockett and Dissly, and the fact that the Seahawks have no tremendous pass-catching TEs for now doesn’t take away from Wilson’s game. Don’t know if he has a better Oline, probably not, but at least the RB stable and WR group is deeper than what he had at the end.

I definitely would like this hypothetical more if realistically teams would platoon their QBs a lot more. As I could see Geno being more of the point guard. clock control, rhythm and consistency, slow paced type. Take him out more of those guaranteed high pressure passing situations, keep his head and body in the game, healthy as possible, where he doesn’t need to force things and just go with the flow.

Where as Wilson I can see him being a shooting guard type. Take him out of game in the things he doesn’t want to do or can’t do well like running a complete offense to all areas of the field, all distances with time draining pace and put him more opportunities with fresher legs, fresher arm to do what he does best, score points fast and play Heroball.

You could get the best of both QBs, keep Geno from playing Heroball where he makes his most mistakes, keep Geno focused and poised with less opportunities to develop the yips and get out of rhythm. Allow Russ to play exactly into his skill set without all the drama of hoping he could be better at all the other things. I think a Geno/Wilson fusion at their best could get you something close to 5,000 Total Yards, 45 Total TDs vs 5-10 Ints, 5-10 Fumbles. Ironically, MVP conversation kind of numbers. But things physically don’t tend to coexist so seamlessly or as easily as they do on paper with so many moving parts and game plan scenarios.

So, it’s not going to happen, I can’t see Schneider (wanting to) nor Wilson (wanting to) get back together without Pete in between them but it’s still the part of the off-season where fantasy overrules reality that it’s fun to think about the hypotheticals.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd pick Pittsburgh or Las Vegas.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease. I would love so much for the Raiders to get Wilson.

I still have loathing in my heart for the Broncos and Raiders from the Seahawks' days in the AFC West. And my dislike for the Raiders goes back even a little further. My dad disliked the Raiders because they were dirty and proud of it (and Raiders fans were also proud of it), so I actually started disliking the Raiders before I was really following the NFL and keeping up with standings and whatnot. I was watching games with my dad and aware of different teams around ages 5-6 (especially age 6, when I was playing football with bigger kids in the neighborhood and talking to them about it), but I didn't really start following the league and keeping up with standings until age 7, and that's when I became a Seahawks fan.

Trading for Wilson has already ruined what had been a Broncos team on the rise as of the 2022 offseason, to the point that the Broncos are taking an $85M dead-money hit on the cap to get away from Wilson and start over. A THIRD of the Broncos' 2024 cap will be spent on somebody they don't want on their roster. While the Raiders don't really look like a team on the rise, I would still love very much for them to acquire Wilson and let him help them go nowhere.

SoulfishHawk likes to go after Fade frequently for "the Rams are tanking - book it!" That's not even Fade's funniest take from recent seasons. Fade's explanations during the 2022 offseason of how the Broncos were a team being run so much better than the Seahawks, and how the Broncos with Wilson were going to be major Super Bowl contenders for the foreseeable future are even more hilarious. I especially loved the part about how "greedy Mahomes" needed to renegotiate his contract down to give his team a chance like "good guy Russ" was doing for the Broncos. "Good guy Russ" single-handedly wrecked the Broncos, a team that had a good cap situation and solid draft capital before they wasted both by trading two first-round picks and two second-round picks for the right to pay a QB $124M ($62M per season!) for one season of eighth-octile (bottom-of-the-league - better than Fields and uh... nobody else that season) QB performance and one season of "greatly improved" sixth-octile (bottom of the third quartile) QB performance. Meanwhille, "Greedy Mahomes" has won another NFL MVP award plus two more Super Bowl titles and two more Super Bowl MVP awards.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Russell is not going to entertain being qb2 until he has to. I’m thinking Minnesota if they let Cousins walk to Atlanta; even if they get nix/penis/McCarthy, all these guys aren’t instant starters.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cousins will be the front runner for the qb needy teams but someone will ultimately have to begrudgingly settle for Russ as a filler at QB for two years. At this point he is less than Geno and a very fringe starter. My guesses are Falcons Commanders Steelers Vikings. It has to be a dome imo. I just don't think in any situation that's its much of an upgrade on what they have. Someone trying to recapture his 2012 to 2018 magic is gonna take a flier on him. His self absorbed hype will be real but that's as far as it'll go this time around. I think he's out of the league or at best a back up in 2 years..but I don't think his ego will allow a back up job. His legacy is tarnished and the hof is not even close to a guarantee. He did it to himself..

xray

Reaction score
Lest we forget...Wilson beat Mahomes & Josh Allen last season . He can be had on the cheap ; and he still has a room at the Y in Seattle . Besides , look at how much fun we could have here at his expense again . Make it happen John !

RiverDog

Reaction score
It’s my iPad autocorrect…sorry
No need to apologize, I got a kick out of it. The auto correct probably wouldn't have done it's thing had you capitalized his name.

Which brings up a good point, which is the importance of capitalization, an attribute that seems to have fell out of favor in lieu of quicker texting. Here's a good example of how important capitalization is:

"Go help your Uncle Jack off the horse!"

No re-read the same sentence by replacing the capital letters with lower case and see how the meaning changes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Agreed, and even if he does get another ring, he's going to have to win a league MVP in doing so, a little more critical role than he played in 2013 where the primary factor in that team's success was the LOB.
He's not ever getting another ring He's lucky he got one and he's purely radioactive now.

Latest posts