New NFL+ service

kidhawk

Reaction score
This must be what they're replacing DirecTV's Sunday Ticket with, right?

It would be great if the NFL just allowed people to pay a fee to stream any game anytime and call it good, but there's way too much money out there from tv revenues. Sunday Ticket will most likely be moved to Apple TV, although there are still other services in the hunt. Whomever ponies up the Highest offer will take home the prize and put billions more into the NFL's pockets.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It would be great if the NFL just allowed people to pay a fee to stream any game anytime and call it good, but there's way too much money out there from tv revenues. Sunday Ticket will most likely be moved to Apple TV, although there are still other services in the hunt. Whomever ponies up the Highest offer will take home the prize and put billions more into the NFL's pockets.
I've heard that Amazon and ESPN+ are in the running as well as Apple. Amazon Prime already has the Thursday Night games, so I'd think that they'd be the most likely. Like you said, it would be nice if you could stream individual games.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Steam it.

nothing is changed. NFL+ is GamePass.

i like GamePass because I am an obsessed fan and do like the all 22 film.

like literally. Nothing has changed.
GemCity is likely talking about international GamePass (nflgamepass.com), which is a much more robust service intended for the EU market that allows viewing every single NFL game live as well as historical games back to 2012. It doesn't include the red zone, but you can tile multiple live games within the same window. Replays give you an option for standard broadcast or condensed but no coaching angle. Not available inside the US unless you're willing to use a VPN.

Season ticket holders used to get the free subscription to US GamePass which was only replays but had the coaching angles. That's the service that is being rebranded NFL+ Premium, and I have yet to hear anything about whether they're giving out subscriptions this year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've heard that Amazon and ESPN+ are in the running as well as Apple. Amazon Prime already has the Thursday Night games, so I'd think that they'd be the most likely. Like you said, it would be nice if you could stream individual games.

I've also heard about Amazon and ESPN being in the mix, but from the articles I've read, Apple is still the front runner. I don't know when they are making the final call on who is getting it, but I can understand why Apple might be willing to spend a bit more than the other two. Both Amazon and ESPN already pay the NFL a lot of money for the games they already air/stream. Apple is the newest comer to the streaming services and they could use the influx of fans that a contract with the NFL would bring them. All 3 have the capital to bid high enough, it just comes down to who feels they can bid highest and get the return on that investment.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've also heard about Amazon and ESPN being in the mix, but from the articles I've read, Apple is still the front runner. I don't know when they are making the final call on who is getting it, but I can understand why Apple might be willing to spend a bit more than the other two. Both Amazon and ESPN already pay the NFL a lot of money for the games they already air/stream. Apple is the newest comer to the streaming services and they could use the influx of fans that a contract with the NFL would bring them. All 3 have the capital to bid high enough, it just comes down to who feels they can bid highest and get the return on that investment.
It may come down to more than just who has the highest bid. Amazon Prime is by far the larger streaming service, with 175 million subscribers. Apple TV has just 19 million, ESPN+ 14.9M. The league may feel that going with the larger subscriber would benefit them more in the long run as it would give them more exposure.

flv2

Reaction score
GamePass is free, (with a European IP), until the season starts. No credit card details required & fake yopmail addresses accepted. Live preseason games + condensed 2hr version, 40mins version, or just basic highlights available the following day. If you have a European IP GamePass appears as an option on the header of NFL.com's main page, (between NFL+ and Watch Games). If you have a US IP GamePass and Watch Games are replaced on NFL.com's header with an NFL Network option. Obviously you still need a European IP to sign-in and watch games...oh and the services won't play with blockers like Ghostery, BluHell, etc.

Last edited:

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
For those that live in rural areas, NFL+ (formerly gamepass) is a very good option. Watching any game in condensed format after they are done is a pretty good deal and basically no different than live games if you have other useful things to do during the day. Streams are unreliable and to be honest an extreme security risk. If you are using those, even with a VPN, I would recommend only using a device that is not networked to your other devices and you don't do anything on it that relates to banking, healthcare, or other information-sensitive tasks. Even with that, these sites will happily sell any and all information they can grab off that device. You can pretend you are protected, but in reality, nothing is fool-proof. I'd rather spend the money than risk that, but to each their own.

flv2

Reaction score
Personally i've found that streaming sites have improved year on year. The 2021 streams were very good, especially the streams originating from the US and those linked to Reddit. The older name sites should definitely be a last resort. Being careful with devices you use for financial sites goes without saying. As for harvesting and selling on personal information, well, there's a reason official NFL site products won't work if you use blockers. Watching the Seahawks live on the FOX website using 2 IPs or 2 devices is likely the best solution for most Seahawks fans.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I had whatever Replay service the NFL has had for the past couple seasons.

I’m currently using NFL+ on IOS. Anyone having trouble watching older games? It has options going back to 2009, but anything before 2018 is showing up as “upcoming” like it used to when the game hadn’t happened yet. I think it’s glitching and the NFL hasn’t fully integrated the replays into their new app.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I had whatever Replay service the NFL has had for the past couple seasons.

I’m currently using NFL+ on IOS. Anyone having trouble watching older games? It has options going back to 2009, but anything before 2018 is showing up as “upcoming” like it used to when the game hadn’t happened yet. I think it’s glitching and the NFL hasn’t fully integrated the replays into their new app.

Ok. I deleted my NFL app and reinstalled. Seems to be working.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Alright.

Seems time now. Need to go see wtf is going on w my new NFL+ thingy.

My sister wants to watch the Cards pre-season. She is all: so you got this?

Me: umm..... let me find out.

flv2

Reaction score
Following on from earlier posts i've made in this thread:

After further review...if you close your browser(s), (where you are watching the FOX stream), within the 1 hour free period and then wipe all the cookies and DNS cache with CCleaner the 1 hour limit will be wiped out and you can instantly re-new the free 1 hour period. This eliminates the need for a 2nd IP address or 2nd machine. If you do this you will need to switch off the uBlock add-on, (if in use on your browser), for a moment when you click back on the tv program/NFL game, (otherwise it won't open the link). Once off the link should re-open and you can switch uBlock back on then reset the feed, (optional but recommended).

If you haven't tried this it's definitely worth checking out.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
GemCity is likely talking about international GamePass (nflgamepass.com), which is a much more robust service intended for the EU market that allows viewing every single NFL game live as well as historical games back to 2012. It doesn't include the red zone, but you can tile multiple live games within the same window. Replays give you an option for standard broadcast or condensed but no coaching angle. Not available inside the US unless you're willing to use a VPN.

Season ticket holders used to get the free subscription to US GamePass which was only replays but had the coaching angles. That's the service that is being rebranded NFL+ Premium, and I have yet to hear anything about whether they're giving out subscriptions this year.
I've got the international version of NFL Game Pass, and it does include RedZone and All-22. I can watch any game live, with commercials. No games are blacked out here in Brazil or in some other countries, but I understand from the terms of service that in a few places (UK and Ireland, I think), some games are.
I can watch any game going back to the 2012 preseason. For recent games that have finished, I can watch the entire game without commercials, a 40-minute condensed version, or a 5-minute super-condensed version.