Nerves

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
To semi-quote a Pats fan...

If your not nervous about how your team will do in the Superbowl, then they're not *your* team.

Speaking personally, some days I have my doubts and other days I am certain that we will win because we have Russell and that is enough to tip the scale in our direction.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I get little shots of anxiety now and again when I think of sitting down to actually watch the game.

I'm not as confident as last year because I think the Patriots are a more complete team than the Broncos and they have coaching that is leagues better than what Fox gave the Broncos, but I still think we'll win.

What has me more excited than nervous is how this game seems to be shaping up to be all about Marshawn. He was pretty quiet in last year's game just due to the Broncos being completely focused on him and the game going oblong pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to Lynch just going off in this game.

kjreid

Reaction score
NERVES? I'm freaking out!!! I still have the last 4 minutes of the Green Bay game going through my head every hour. I start gigigling as I am running through the 2 pt., onside, ML run and Kearse OT TD. I keep thinking ......can this end? then I look at the Patriots with Brady and Revis Island, Niko and Blount......... Yeah I am nervous but also so excited to beat Manning last year and then re-Pete against Brady!! GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Rob12

Reaction score
As the night has gone on my confidence has sky rocketed. I just don't think the Pats can contain Wilson and Lynch. And Brady isn't going to be able to dink and dunk his way down the field.

I think this is going to be a 10-14 point victory, fellas.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
You're not nearly as nervous as the Pats** fans who want so desperately for their team to win a post-Spygate Super Bowl, on top of which now Brady has to play with fully inflated balls, to get that tainted monkey off their back. You couldn't drive a pin up their ass with a sledgehammer right now.

JonRud

Reaction score
The last 10 days I have still been celebrating the miracle NFC Championship win and not really too nervous about the Super Bowl. Today I am starting to feel it creep up and by Saturday I will be in full 'nervous wreck' mode.

I am so sick of listening to all the pregame hype around this game, I am ready for it to start. Sunday on the East Coast is going to be a looooooooooooooong day waiting for 6:30pm to get here. I am jealous of you Left Coasters who don't have as long a wait.

Boycie

Reaction score
Blitzer88":76u41ies said:
I know what you guys are already gonna say (Blitzer your a sissy, your stupid, shut up, go away) but man my nerves are getting to me right now. I am more nervous now then I was before last years Superbowl. Man I want our guys to pull this off! And this is with me avoiding media outlets to try and stay calm and it didn't work lol.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

Being nervous before a game is a sign of being a competitor. I still get nervous before the first puck drop of my men's league hockey games, and I am 39 years old. Don't sweat it. Once the game starts you'll settle right in lol!

Laloosh

Reaction score
From Blitzer's instagram account:

insomnia.jpg

Hey Blitz, R-E-L-A-X.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If we can beat GB, who I think is overall a better team than the Pats after looking like utter garbage on offense for 55 minutes and turning the ball over 5 times? Then we're good.

retro74

Reaction score
I'd better say hi as it's my first post

Longtime Hawks fan from the UK. I have what I would call good nerves, when I think about Sunday it puts a smile on my face and gives me a buzz of excitement!

Currently watching all the build up on our TV network, they pipe the stuff over from over there rather than try to do it themselves although there will be a UK preview show on Saturday I expect

Football is becoming very popular over here but other than my twin brother I don't know any other Hawks fans

Laloosh

Reaction score
retro74":1gyqvmzj said:
I'd better say hi as it's my first post

Longtime Hawks fan from the UK. I have what I would call good nerves, when I think about Sunday it puts a smile on my face and gives me a buzz of excitement!

Currently watching all the build up on our TV network, they pipe the stuff over from over there rather than try to do it themselves although there will be a UK preview show on Saturday I expect

Football is becoming very popular over here but other than my twin brother I don't know any other Hawks fans

Welcome to .NET and thanks for the post. You guys will see plenty of converts after we win this one. Go Hawks!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
retro74":1uio93j2 said:

Welcome!

That's the beauty of the modern sports age we're living in, 24 hour sports stations all over the globe giving all of us access to just about any sport.

I wasn't into soccer up until a few years ago when I started watching EPL matches early in the morning on Sunday's before the NFL games started, and now I'm hooked.

Anyway, welcome retro!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't had one single butterfly in my stomach yet. Not one. I am void of any nerves and it's tripping me out!

Honestly, I think it's because we already won the SB last year, and although a back2back would be ridiculously off the chain, especially for us 12's and the Seahawks organization, I just feel relaxed about it all.

I'm sure my nerves will start showing up on gameday.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Can't be nervous, or worry about things you can't control...
I have faith in the men who can control it!
Go Hawks!

retro74

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bbv1731 said:
retro74":3bbv1731 said:

Welcome!

That's the beauty of the modern sports age we're living in, 24 hour sports stations all over the globe giving all of us access to just about any sport.

I wasn't into soccer up until a few years ago when I started watching EPL matches early in the morning on Sunday's before the NFL games started, and now I'm hooked.

Anyway, welcome retro!

Cheers, I live in a town very well placed for soccer as it's between Manchester and Liverpool

I definitely agree about the access. Growing up all I often saw of the Seahawks was 2 minute highlights on Channel 4. Most UK fans that got the bug in the 80s were due to watching the weekly highlights package on Channel 4

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hey Blitzer, I'm going to take it upon myself to try and put your mind at ease...

Russell Wilson 2014 splits home vs away:

Attachments

• RW 2014 splits.png
    RW 2014 splits.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 1,102

Latest posts