NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Throwdown":8licqvj9 said:
just going to make his argument more concrete on the 15th when he speaks to the BOG.

I'm telling you, if we don't get a Thank You Chris flag ontop of the Space Needle when he does acquire a team, something is very friggin wrong in this city.

I agree, we owe this man a lot. And at the moment, we definitely owe it to him to not give up.

JOz56

Reaction score
The Outfield":3deji74u said:
Hansen's give-a-shit meter:

min [*----------------------] max

Chris Daniels ‏@ChrisDaniels5 28s
JUST IN: #SeattleArena Master Use Permit has been filed, as scheduled. Plans will be unveiled to the public tomorrow afternoon.

Haha yup. He's all intent on making this very, very messy. Team or not, this man deserves our praise and involved in sports in someway.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Shaq thompson:Sacramento kings are staying home!! Sorry sonics

JOz56

Reaction score
CPHawk":1a0294pc said:
Shaq thompson:Sacramento kings are staying home!! Sorry sonics

His little bitch-ass should be kicked off the team just for that. Yes I am that petty. Also, I could care less if we get the kings or not at this point. This is all about screwing the league.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
The Outfield":1zia8689 said:

JUST IN: #SeattleArena Master Use Permit has been filed, as scheduled. Plans will be unveiled to the public tomorrow afternoon.

Scorch The Earth

salamander

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":9d2ut03v said:
I hope Hansen buys the kings, leaves them in Sacarmento, holds up the arena deal and drives your team into the ground until you feel sick to your stomach.

JOz56":9d2ut03v said:
And the Sonics weren't mismanged their last several years? Seriously? As we were told when we lost the team by anybody smug enough, "that doesn't matter."

It's obvious this is about Seattle getting screwed by the NBA, and now you're taking your anger out at Sacramento who has done absolutely nothing except try to keep their own team. You figure you were screwed so now lets screw someone else to feel better. Also, regarding running the team into the ground...what do you think the Maloofs have been doing the last 5 years?

Uncle Si":9d2ut03v said:
so you've managed to average less than 14,500 (which would be last) over the three years prior to this season as well. So what you're saying is your city will back a winning team. but when youre losing.....

again.... f--- off. Noone here wants to hear you defend your city. noone here cares. im happy for you. but to say "Sacramento isnt that city" is simply ridiculous

You know this is a Seahawks board, which as a Seahawks fan is the primary reason I come here. I didn't realize I had to be a Sonics fan too. Usually the people here are pretty cool and respectful. They also typically have thick skin and can discuss things like grown men. Telling me to f-off when I made a fairly innocuous comment from a Kings fan's perspective isn't what I'd expect from this place and frankly you're not doing your city any favors by being a dick.

Traditionally Sacramento has always supported the Kings. They had seasons and seasons of sellouts when their best players were Mitch Richmond and Wayman Tisdale and they were lucky to make the playoffs as an 8 seed and get swept. The last few years have been bad because the fans realized they were being ripped off and manipulated by the Maloofs. Let me give you an analogy. For years the Sacramento fans stood in long lines to eat a really bad hamburgers...they only stopped showing up when the Maloofs started making the burgers out of horse meat and spitting in them. All they gotta do is stop spitting in the burgers and the fans will return.

Throwdown

Reaction score
salamander":keveucbx said:
You know this is a Seahawks board, which as a Seahawks fan is the primary reason I come here. I didn't realize I had to be a Sonics fan too.

Let me get this straight...

You're on a SEATTLE Seahawks fan site, and didn't think there would be Sonics fans?

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Salamander, why on earth would you post on this thread in the first place given the extremely agitated state of Sonics fans right now? And then, why would you be surprised and offended by the reaction?

We are pissed. As would you be if an inferior deal, setting and market on all accounts was chosen over your own. You can try to spin it anyway you want, (but Sacramento, who took the Kings from Kansas City, who in turn took the team from, what was it? Rochester?) is not a more viable market, short term or long term than Seattle.

We got screwed twice, both by inferior markets. And we are pissed. Maybe sit this thread out.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
salamander":1672xmvc said:
TheRealDTM":1672xmvc said:
I hope Hansen buys the kings, leaves them in Sacarmento, holds up the arena deal and drives your team into the ground until you feel sick to your stomach.

JOz56":1672xmvc said:
And the Sonics weren't mismanged their last several years? Seriously? As we were told when we lost the team by anybody smug enough, "that doesn't matter."

It's obvious this is about Seattle getting screwed by the NBA, and now you're taking your anger out at Sacramento who has done absolutely nothing except try to keep their own team. You figure you were screwed so now lets screw someone else to feel better. Also, regarding running the team into the ground...what do you think the Maloofs have been doing the last 5 years?

Uncle Si":1672xmvc said:
so you've managed to average less than 14,500 (which would be last) over the three years prior to this season as well. So what you're saying is your city will back a winning team. but when youre losing.....

again.... f--- off. Noone here wants to hear you defend your city. noone here cares. im happy for you. but to say "Sacramento isnt that city" is simply ridiculous

You know this is a Seahawks board, which as a Seahawks fan is the primary reason I come here. I didn't realize I had to be a Sonics fan too. Usually the people here are pretty cool and respectful. They also typically have thick skin and can discuss things like grown men. Telling me to f-off when I made a fairly innocuous comment from a Kings fan's perspective isn't what I'd expect from this place and frankly you're not doing your city any favors by being a dick.

Traditionally Sacramento has always supported the Kings. They had seasons and seasons of sellouts when their best players were Mitch Richmond and Wayman Tisdale and they were lucky to make the playoffs as an 8 seed and get swept. The last few years have been bad because the fans realized they were being ripped off and manipulated by the Maloofs. Let me give you an analogy. For years the Sacramento fans stood in long lines to eat a really bad hamburgers...they only stopped showing up when the Maloofs started making the burgers out of horse meat and spitting in them. All they gotta do is stop spitting in the burgers and the fans will return.

Dude......just don't post in this thread, otherwise you are gonna get negative reactions. And you don't have to be a Sonics fan to be on this board just don't jump into a thread regarding the Sonics talking about the Kings.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3m0rieup said:
I've been talking about the Kings, Blitzer. What of it?

You're not trying to make us understand when we're not in the mood to understand. You also didn't JUST come in the thread after we got screwed, you've been in here digging at us in a playful manor

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":cj5nyle9 said:
SacHawk2.0":cj5nyle9 said:
I've been talking about the Kings, Blitzer. What of it?

You're not trying to make us understand when we're not in the mood to understand. You also didn't JUST come in the thread after we got screwed, you've been in here digging at us in a playful manor

What Throw said. Also Sac, you aren't trying to shove Sacramento rhetoric down our throats when we clearly don't want to hear it.

dunceface

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":35e19t2k said:
The Outfield":35e19t2k said:

Scorch The Earth

Tumblr llywypiJlS1qkfga8o1 500

The Outfield

Reaction score
People are really blaming Stern, but I think Bennett, the chairman of the relocation committee, has a bit of conflict of interest going on.

HolyEffinMoses

Reaction score
Its not even about screwing Sacramento over. I have nothing but respect for the people of Sacramento wanting to keep their team. Its about the NBA screwing Seattle over, again. If Chris Hansen can throw this back in Stern's face at the cost of screwing Sacramento, then I am all for it. My hatred of Stern far outweighs my apathy towards the city of Sacramento.

As far as Clay Bennett goes; he bought a team and brought it back to his hometown. I don't like the man for lying about it, but I get why he did what he did. I also don't think he has a personal vendetta against Seattle and wouldn't block a move to Seattle just to be spiteful. Stern who sat back and did nothing while the Sonics were ripped away from us, and now hypocritically refuses to let any other team move, is far more upsetting to me. He has a history of being a vindictive and petty person, and I would put this on him more than Bennett.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
The Outfield":16pcf479 said:
People are really blaming Stern, but I think Bennett, the chairman of the relocation committee, has a bit of conflict of interest going on.
Agree Bennett is a real "f*ck" ever sense he ever looked at our city. But stern is equal to the devil to our city of Seattle. I hope both rot of some aweful STD.

pinksheets

Reaction score
So it seems to be the consensus out there that there is something really weird about the fact that the relocation committee voted but the finance committee did not.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pinksheets":2u61qrx4 said:
So it seems to be the consensus out there that there is something really weird about the fact that the relocation committee voted but the finance committee did not.

Maybe, maybe not. Who really knows anything anymore?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Throwdown":7p036pz6 said:
pinksheets":7p036pz6 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Who really knows anything anymore?
I think the point being that there is no basis on which to reject this sale, which is troublesome for Stern's goals. Just having the relocation committee vote is a scare tactic to try to get Hansen to back out, but it seems like he's wanting to move forward with this transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.