My vision of play

evergreen

Reaction score
If that #28 was lower I think it incrementally increases the offensive one. Right? Seems logical, that better D helps the O to have more opportunities too. If the D can make stops !

olyfan63

Reaction score
I just want to see the MM defense finally slow down and stop the McVay/Rams offense this season. Slowing down the 49ers offense enough to get a season series spilt would be amazing also.

Pete's "impose our will" schtick was well and good until the rest of the league figured out answers for Pete's system. "Seahawks cover 3 beaters" for example. It was great back when it worked, but Pete then kept trying to "impose our will" rather than adapting to what opponents were doing.

Riding into battle on horseback didn't work so great when times changed and the opponent had tanks.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Drafting Byron Murphy, re-signing Leonard Williams, signing ILBers Jerome Baker & Tyrel Dodson and FS Rayshawn Jenkins will be huge for this defense.
We have enough young & promising OLB/Edge/DE guys and CB's to round things out. Also should mention the potential of 4th round LBer Tyrice Knight and 5th & 6th round CB's Pritchett & James.
I think this defense will be transformed from game one under Mcdonald & be a top 10 defense by year 2.
Scheme, mindset, attitude and accountability will be the difference as will the newness of creating something special.
Exciting times.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
#12 offense is pretty good IMHO. If they could get the #28 defense to #16 like you said, they're going to the playoffs.
Heck, maybe even if they only get to 19 or 20 but someone told me the Seahawks new coach is a wizard of violence and I don't think he'll stop until they're #1.
#12 offense, and soon to be #12 defense.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Tackling the guy with the football is pretty fundamental stuff, so let's start there.
Seahawks were #1 in missed tackles last year with 124, Cowboys had half that.

toffee

Reaction score
I just want to see the MM defense finally slow down and stop the McVay/Rams offense this season. Slowing down the 49ers offense enough to get a season series spilt would be amazing also.

Pete's "impose our will" schtick was well and good until the rest of the league figured out answers for Pete's system. "Seahawks cover 3 beaters" for example. It was great back when it worked, but Pete then kept trying to "impose our will" rather than adapting to what opponents were doing.

Riding into battle on horseback didn't work so great when times changed and the opponent had tanks.
It was then, now we have young Macdonald!

olyfan63

Reaction score
It was then, now we have young Macdonald!
Loved what Pete brought to the Seahawks, and eventually it got stale and into a rut. Hoping to see MM bring that defensive awesomeness with him. Like what I'm hearing from players, defense is more disguised that what Pete brought, opposing offense has to solve more problems under time pressure, more chances to screw up--IF MM brings the D and the players buy in and communicate and execute, which I think they will.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I figured you were a Pete guy, that's why I'm giving your crap. I stand corrected. Welcome to the new Era :)

Pete should have been shipped off years ago, imo.

SNDavidson

Reaction score

Just don’t skip over the part right before where THE NFL CHANGED RULES BECAUSE PETES DEFENSE WAS TOO DOMINANT. thanks :).

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The Seahawks are going from being the most predictable team ( offense and defense) to one of the most unpredictable at least defensively I could see the defense being top 20 just on the personnel and coaching changes, IMO the players were getting too comfortable and making “ business decisions “

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
The Seahawks are going from being the most predictable team ( offense and defense) to one of the most unpredictable at least defensively I could see the defense being top 20 just on the personnel and coaching changes, IMO the players were getting too comfortable and making “ business decisions “
I think the O will be unpredictable the 1st 4 games by default. After that, we’ll see what Grubb can do. Big time anticipation!

chris98251

Reaction score
Predictable isn't bad, tendencies get figured out, it's being so good enough that even when a defense knows what is coming but they can't stop it.

On defense it's being good enough that you don't allow plays to develop and take away what they do well while making them play scared.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Just don’t skip over the part right before where THE NFL CHANGED RULES BECAUSE PETES DEFENSE WAS TOO DOMINANT. thanks :).
Yes, that part was *AWESOMENESS*. I got so used to it; the 2014 Seahawks were still great on D. Then the rule changes happened, great players got injured (Kam and Cliff) and had to retire, or played on but left like Sherm, and the D never again got within shouting distance of the top spot (fewest points allowed). I kept hoping each new season for a return to form, but all that seemed to happen was dropping another 5 spots in scoring defense rankings. Pete didn't/couldn't adjust.