My thoughts so far

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Its been a very interesting season so far this year one that i have very much enjoyed.

Here we are at the bye week (which is going to be long) i find myself really wanting to watch the final game against the niners, cant wait for that one as if the Hawks are going to be a great football team they will have to win that one.

For me thats the measuring stick for this team. Can they stop the niner run game. Can they move the ball against the niners D? If they can beat the niners this team can go far this year.

Also the two games against the Rams. You know Bwag is gunning for Carroll. It really doesnt matter what the Rams record is the rivalry against the Rams just makes these games special.

As of this point i still think the Hawks are not playing there best football yet. I still dont feel like the D is dominate yet. There is still questions in my mind i dont think the D had found there identity yet. I still think they are inconsistent. I think they will figure it out still alot of work to be done.

On the offensive side of the ball i want to see more consistancy in the run game.

How do you guys feel about things at this point in the season?

Bootsy51

Reaction score
For me the next Game vs the Raiders ist the Most important, after the loss vs Bucs was really unessescary. Now its important to win against Teams with Low records especially at Lumen field.
In General iam very suprised how quick they became a real unit and be proud of them.
Especially offensive its refreshing how Waldron use the TE's as Pass Targets.
In the 2 half vs Bucs its obiviously how difficult it is for the rival D to react.
Iam confident we got a realistic Chance to make it to the Playoffs. Before the regular season it was totally Out of reach
GoHawks

CouchLogic

Reaction score
...For me thats the measuring stick for this team. Can they stop the niner run game. Can they move the ball against the niners D? If they can beat the niners this team can go far this year...

Peeping the schedule, that may as well be when the playoffs start for Seattle. Loaded with playoff caliber units.

It's been an amazingly fun ride so far.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I will add this next draft if it goes as well as we're all hoping, they could turn this defense into a true dominant unit for years .
Until Seattle can hang with SF , they won't be going too far in the playoffs. I am completely surprised that they're doing as well as they are. I totally mis- judged Pete Carroll.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I remember back in 2013, I think.

The Rams and Niners had a tie game, and so I went to St. Louis to see the next game in person. the debate was Alex Smith v K for the Niners. Rams won the game in OT in STL and I was so happy.

That was the first year you all dominated like hell.

you kinda won the super bowl that year...but what a fun year it was.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I will add this next draft if it goes as well as we're all hoping, they could turn this defense into a true dominant unit for years .
Until Seattle can hang with SF , they won't be going too far in the playoffs. I am completely surprised that they're doing as well as they are. I totally mis- judged Pete Carroll.
After watching the Niners tonight its going to be hard to beat them they looked really good. Not saying the Hawks cant do it but dang they are solid.. its going to take a hell of a game plan...

RedAlice

Reaction score
I always look at my posts knowing the Rams board that banned me because of what I posted on here likes to quote me on there and make fun of me.

A middle finger to all of them.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I read an article I forget where. It was about your owner choosing to believe in Pete over Wilson.

Apparently, she is a smart Lady.
I think it has to do with how many years that PC + JS took the Hawk to the playoffs, and how they won their first superbowl.

Without all of those, they would had been canned earlier.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think it has to do with how many years that PC + JS took the Hawk to the playoffs, and how they won their first superbowl.

Without all of those, they would had been canned earlier.

Well, what could Beli have accomplished without Brady? And that said, the Rams without Warner?

It is all about chemistry and working together to create that magical thing called: a SB win.

The enigma every team wants to win every year.

She had a choice, and she made it. Do you wish you had Wilson and not Pete right now?

BASF

Reaction score
Well, what could Beli have accomplished without Brady? And that said, the Rams without Warner?

It is all about chemistry and working together to create that magical thing called: a SB win.

The enigma every team wants to win every year.

She had a choice, and she made it. Do you wish you had Wilson and not Pete right now?
I am pretty sure there are at least four people on the board who would say yes even if we win the Super Bowl.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Its been a very interesting season so far this year one that i have very much enjoyed.

Here we are at the bye week (which is going to be long) i find myself really wanting to watch the final game against the niners, cant wait for that one as if the Hawks are going to be a great football team they will have to win that one.

For me thats the measuring stick for this team. Can they stop the niner run game. Can they move the ball against the niners D? If they can beat the niners this team can go far this year.

Also the two games against the Rams. You know Bwag is gunning for Carroll. It really doesnt matter what the Rams record is the rivalry against the Rams just makes these games special.

As of this point i still think the Hawks are not playing there best football yet. I still dont feel like the D is dominate yet. There is still questions in my mind i dont think the D had found there identity yet. I still think they are inconsistent. I think they will figure it out still alot of work to be done.

On the offensive side of the ball i want to see more consistancy in the run game.

My overall thoughts:

Two biggest games going forward: First is the Raiders. A team we absolutely should beat coming off a disappointing showing in Munich. How we respond will set the tone for the remainder of the season.

Second is Niners. A tough, divisional opponent in a game that could very well determine the division winner.

As for how the team is playing:

On offense, we have an offensive identity we just need to accept what it is. We're a pass first offense that uses the passing game to create opportunities for our RBs. The issue lies in our constant need to every few games try to be a run first offense until we inevitably stall and go back to Geno.

Last week we waited too long to figure that out and flushed our first half down the toilet. Geno is not going to be great every game, every drive, or every snap. But there are so many teams struggling to figure out their identity on offense. We know ours and if it leads to a couple of bad moments, so be it.

Defensively, we had an amazing turnaround that hit a speed bump last week and it sounds like we messed with what was working on the other side of the ball. Changed our personnel and appears we went back to the 2-gap technique that went so disastrously for us earlier in the season.

The key here is to again, accept who we are and what works and pick our spots in terms of when to try and grow our team. (An international game against a Tom Brady led offense not being that time.)

whidbeast

Reaction score
CAN THE HAWKS BEAT THE NINERS IN SEATTLE?

That is the question

Thoughts?
Man they look like a complete team. Colt McCoy is not even a great backup but the 9ers were blowing them off the line on every down. They have a great coach and if McCaffrey stays healthy that is a legit SB team.
I believe we can beat them at home but anyone in the NFC is going to need to get by them in the playoffs and that's going to be a rough out.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I remember back in 2013, I think.

The Rams and Niners had a tie game, and so I went to St. Louis to see the next game in person. the debate was Alex Smith v K for the Niners. Rams won the game in OT in STL and I was so happy.

That was the first year you all dominated like hell.

you kinda won the super bowl that year...but what a fun year it was.
As long as you beat SF. Don't get me wrong , I hate the Rams too but it's a different kind of hate.... A brotherly hate.

Does that make any sense ?