Mvp is now gone.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He struggled down stretch at this point last yr as well.

It sucks but it is gone. We need him to get going again.

Rat

Reaction score
That damn East Coast bias kept him out of the end zone this week. When will the media stop harming the innocent?

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1ym26hn1 said:
Who even cares about MVP???? I want another Super Bowl.

I do as well. You must not read threads in here much. We had fans wanting balty to lose to rams so russ could be mvp.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'll be happy with a playoff win at this point. Just not feeling a SB with this team. They're good but not great.

And yes, Russ has lost the MVP battle after this. Always the bridesmaid.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":37qdlo2o said:
Never happening under Carroll again, that ship has sailed.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm kind of glad, it seems like the more that mvp talk ramped up the worse he played. Maybe with the monkey off his back he can get back to balling. Not that I think he's obsessed with being the mvp but that talk would be pressure on anybody

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
And punctuated a horrible night with an interception.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":uukp4c82 said:
Shanegotyou11":uukp4c82 said:
Ace_Rimmer":uukp4c82 said:

I do as well. You must not read threads in here much. We had fans wanting balty to lose to rams so russ could be mvp.

Then why even make a thread like you did ffs?

Because its ok to talk about things.

3 tds and 3 picks in last 3 games.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
He certainly didn't have a great game, but he's had worse. He got zero help from his receivers whether they were dropping passes, falling down short of the first down line or just not getting open. O-line was poor in pass pro as well.

To me he played well enough to win if the team played well but definitely not well enough to carry the O as we've seen before.
The interception was irrelevant considering the game situation at the time

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":2lnd7iir said:
That damn East Coast bias kept him out of the end zone this week. When will the media stop harming the innocent?

Nope. It’s not difficult to be reasonable. Even Hawks fans can acknowledge Lamar is in the lead. Russ has had a rough month.

See how easy it is to be reasonable? Now try the same thing when Russ balls out and he’s an afterthought again. Be sure to show up for that one, since you’re normally so rationale

Anyway, to the thread I want this team to turn it around. I was excited for Russ to finally get the universal respect he’s deserved for 8 years, but he can also get that by winning a Super Bowl. If Lamar wins MVP but not the Super Bowl it becomes irrelevant. If Russ becomes MVP but plays poorly in a playoff game and we lose, I’d be pissed

peppersjap

Reaction score
Why do people care about the who wins the MVP so much? It's like caring about what uniforms we are wearing. It has zero to do with whether the team wins or not!

Rat

Reaction score
peppersjap":30ol3l5n said:
Why do people care about the who wins the MVP so much? It's like caring about what uniforms we are wearing. It has zero to do with whether the team wins or not!

Well two things I would argue with that. The uniform threads get more action than anything on this site, so people definitely care about it. Also, while MVP might be ultimately unimportant to team accomplishments, MVP caliber QBs traditionally lead their teams to a lot of wins. Having one in the discussion is nice.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
As others said the MVP is just an award. And it's a vote. So it's somewhat of a popularity contest with yes of course an east coast bias. Because that is where most media is. Honestly Lamar Jackson is going to be tough to beat this year anyway.

Latest posts