MRob on KJR @ 9:00 today (nm)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":13fhbww3 said:
I just don't think this was the year to break in a new fullback. I think Coleman is promising, but we've already seen the growing pains of changing personnel at that position. Beyond being a more reliable lead blocker, Mike Rob was basically a second QB on the field. I think this is an invaluable asset for a second-year QB such as Russell. Forget RRR and all that, I'm still not sold on this move from a pure performance perspective, especially after hearing that he was willing to take a pay cut.

I think you missed the fact that Mike Rob was sick and he was not ready to play. Still might not be ready to play.

Paycut or not, he would not be performing at the same level that he was.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Bill Assumpcao":1q4s030f said:
Greenhell":1q4s030f said:
Mike Rob mentioned on the show today something regarding his kidneys and liver were taking a beating but I couldn't hear exactly what he said ...
What MRob said was that his kidneys and liver were taking a beating from a reaction to some prescription medicines.Fd0d7ttjizMlPMvnnNGZXTS6bjjZuZUqBmYH 9xN7QISW5xY3w
Get healthy MRob!
Go Hawks,
BillA

Thanks for clarification Bill. :th2thumbs:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1svcdbkn said:
DavidSeven":1svcdbkn said:
I just don't think this was the year to break in a new fullback. I think Coleman is promising, but we've already seen the growing pains of changing personnel at that position. Beyond being a more reliable lead blocker, Mike Rob was basically a second QB on the field. I think this is an invaluable asset for a second-year QB such as Russell. Forget RRR and all that, I'm still not sold on this move from a pure performance perspective, especially after hearing that he was willing to take a pay cut.

I think you missed the fact that Mike Rob was sick and he was not ready to play. Still might not be ready to play.

Paycut or not, he would not be performing at the same level that he was.

No, I'm fully aware of that fact. While yes, he was ill, there was no indication from him that he would have missed significant game time or that his play would have considerably suffered. It seems he's ready to play now, and Seattle still has not made a move to bring him back, which suggests they have committed to rolling with Coleman and Ware whether Robinson is healthy or not.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":aqxfuphp said:
No, I'm fully aware of that fact. While yes, he was ill, there was no indication from him that he would have missed significant game time or that his play would have considerably suffered. It seems he's ready to play now, and Seattle still has not made a move to bring him back, which suggests they have committed to rolling with Coleman and Ware whether Robinson is healthy or not.

That's why I said earlier that I talked to one of the coaches and he told me they weren't even sure he is healthy NOW. He would probably not have been cut if he had not been sick. But now they like what they have seen from Coleman so far and see that he is progressing faster than Mike Rob did in his first year here.

Of course Mike Rob is going to say he's ready to go. He's an athlete. He wants to play. Russell Okung wanted to go back into the Niners game with his toe injury that is keeping him out 8 weeks. Guys want to go back in when they have concussions and can't even remember playing. Just because Mike Rob says he's healthy and ready to go does not mean he really is. Personally, I wish they would bring Mike Rob back too, but the Seahawks felt he wasn't ready.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3a0a3ws0 said:
DavidSeven":3a0a3ws0 said:

That's why I said earlier that I talked to one of the coaches and he told me they weren't even sure he is healthy NOW. He would probably not have been cut if he had not been sick. But now they like what they have seen from Coleman so far and see that he is progressing faster than Mike Rob did in his first year here.

Of course Mike Rob is going to say he's ready to go. He's an athlete. He wants to play. Russell Okung wanted to go back into the Niners game with his toe injury that is keeping him out 8 weeks. Guys want to go back in when they have concussions and can't even remember playing. Just because Mike Rob says he's healthy and ready to go does not mean he really is. Personally, I wish they would bring Mike Rob back too, but the Seahawks felt he wasn't ready.
Thanks for the info. Certainly won't ask who your source is, but I'm glad you have it. I will however ask if this kind of a 'passing conversation' type of thing where said coach may well have his guard down a little or is it the type of situation where you're maybe kind of grilling him a little and he is responding with the 'company line'?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":scaa1xpt said:
Thanks for the info. Certainly won't ask who your source is, but I'm glad you have it. I will however ask if this kind of a 'passing conversation' type of thing where said coach may well have his guard down a little or is it the type of situation where you're maybe kind of grilling him a little and he is responding with the 'company line'?

He's a family friend and he was telling me how it really is. It wasn't in passing, we were out at dinner. I asked him what the real deal was and he told me. I live in the Bay Area so I am not able to be in a situation to ask stuff like that normally. But since I was up there for the game this weekend and had a chance to ask about the Mike Rob situation I took my shot.

It wasn't a long conversation on that subject, he just said that Mike Rob was very sick, he may still be sick, and they just didn't know when he'd be ready to perform at the level he needs to. Didn't mention money at all. Which is why I think the money was a factor, but certainly not the main factor.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Robinson was a Pro Bowler. I don't see how he's so expendable unless he really is sick. I hope he returns.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Look at it this way. If lynch fails to trust him, we can always throw Michael back there, he trusts colemans blocks and pulls out good yardage.. Now I don't think Michael can pass block very well though....
Not sure why all the coleman hate, sure he isn't as good as mike rob, but he is WAY younger, and Hopefully has much to learn and improve on.
I don't think he is that bad of a project if we intend to keep a fullback. personally I would much rather get another tight end. as it seems we run better with 11 personnel then 21, or 22. but that's just taking a guess.

dan2314

Reaction score
it didnt make sense to drop him at the start of the year to me. i can understand at the end of the year, for cap reasons. but why not be as strong as possible in a year when the team has a real chance of making the superbowl. hes the sort of player who has a real positive impact on the team, and there was no negatives to keeping him through this season other than the progression of coleman and maybe one other players roster spot. couldve made a big difference.

Sac

Reaction score
And yet we're still 3-0. I love me some mikerob, but as cool as he was in the locker room, on the field he wasn't worth what he was making. IIRC, Lynch actually had better YPC out of a single back set than he did running behind a fullback.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
If the guy is sick and nobody knows when he will return and/or if will be fully healthy, and there is decent alternative, why try to bring him back? It is not like he had some muscular type issue, where people know how long it takes to heal.
Maybe the 9ers will sign him right before we play them in December..
Have the 49ers used our WR they signed in any game yet? They are really hurting at WR ...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":279ba9w0 said:
hawksfansinceday1":279ba9w0 said:

He's a family friend and he was telling me how it really is. It wasn't in passing, we were out at dinner. I asked him what the real deal was and he told me. I live in the Bay Area so I am not able to be in a situation to ask stuff like that normally. But since I was up there for the game this weekend and had a chance to ask about the Mike Rob situation I took my shot.

It wasn't a long conversation on that subject, he just said that Mike Rob was very sick, he may still be sick, and they just didn't know when he'd be ready to perform at the level he needs to. Didn't mention money at all. Which is why I think the money was a factor, but certainly not the main factor.
Thanks for the response. Very cool that you got some real inside stuff.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":c62t9be9 said:
... and let's keep ingnoring the fact that he was really sick and no team has picked him up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":rk5132ib said:
DavidSeven":rk5132ib said:
... and let's keep ingnoring the fact that he was really sick and no team has picked him up.

They cut him at the very end of final cuts. Gonna be hard for an FB to catch on anywhere else in that circumstance, which Mike Rob said himself in the KJR interview. If you've followed the team at all over thr last few years, you know that Seattle has sort of screwed a number of vet guys in this way since John and Pete took over. Love them, but they're pretty cold blooded in that sense. In the interview, it's clear that he thinks he would be playing somewhere else if they had cut him earlier.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Come on, it's amazing how spoiled we are with the talent on this team, I think our vision is getting a little blurred. If there wasn't something really wrong with MRob, I mean really wrong and he was really ready to play, half the teams in the league would have snatched him up in a new york second by now.

I'd love for him to come back and play for the Hawks and even retire a Seahawk, but more so I hope he gets healthy.

McGruff

Reaction score
dan2314":2404c0k4 said:
it didnt make sense to drop him at the start of the year to me. i can understand at the end of the year, for cap reasons. but why not be as strong as possible in a year when the team has a real chance of making the superbowl. hes the sort of player who has a real positive impact on the team, and there was no negatives to keeping him through this season other than the progression of coleman and maybe one other players roster spot. couldve made a big difference.

Senseless post makes no sense.

If Mike Robinson was on the roster week one, his salary would have been fully guaranteed. By releasing him before week one we keep the ability of brining him back after he's healthy and only have to pay a prorated and likely significantly reduced salary.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1titbb3v said:
Have the 49ers used our WR they signed in any game yet? They are really hurting at WR ...

They were trying to convert Harper to TE. Haven't heard about him since.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I heard the interview, and heard Mike Rob mention that he had some liver and kidney "issues" due to a reaction to prescription drugs.

Haven't seen his charts, but I can tell you that any reaction (quite likely an allergic reaction) to medication that causes damage to both the liver and kidneys would be serious enough that his doctor would have benched him for the entire season. If not for good. I imagine that is why he was trying to downplay the situation to the radio hosts. I don't think he understands the seriousness of it, but the team doctors would, and they would have told the team he shouldn't play again.

Liver and kidney damage are both extremely serious, and depending on the damage already done, could be fatal if he were to be injured in a contact sport.

That was much worse news than I had hoped. Much worse than "a virus." I don't think he'll ever play football again. Makes me sad.

ceej22

Reaction score
dan2314":2iyv4gpq said:

Cap space will roll over this year so it made perfect sense. You all want the big names on the team for years to come. He had to go. Prepare yourselves as more big names will be cut next season.