More Trouble for McDowell

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
How did the Browns not see this coming, with all those red flags in the past?!

Oh wait, because it's the Browns.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Is this guy a pedophile? Or was he on hallucinogens? Either way, if this doesn't get a permanent ban from the NFL, then they are hypocrites.

According to the incident report, police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, reported getting

a call of a naked man walking near a school, later to be determined as a children's learning center that was in session.

When confronted, McDowell charged at police "full speed with closed fist,"

according to the report, leaving a deputy injured. The officer said he was unable to avoid McDowell's attack or use any "de-escalation tactics."

McDowell slammed into the officer and punched him in the right eye and on the top of the head, according to the report.

toffee

Reaction score
ivotuk":1hkro2hy said:
Is this guy a pedo? Or was he on hallucinogens? Either way, if this doesn't get a permanent ban from the NFL, then they are hypocrites.

According to the incident report, police in Deerfield Beach, Florida, reported getting

a call of a naked man walking near a school, later to be determined as a children's learning center that was in session.

When confronted, McDowell charged at police "full speed with closed fist,"

according to the report, leaving a deputy injured. The officer said he was unable to avoid McDowell's attack or use any "de-escalation tactics."

McDowell slammed into the officer and punched him in the right eye and on the top of the head, according to the report.

So the injured officer was a he?

KinesProf

Reaction score
It's really sad and unfortunate.

This man certainly had maturity, work ethic, and football character concerns when he was a prospect; but if I recall correctly, none of the issues were criminal or indicative of a bad person.

The descent into criminality appears to all have started after that TBI from the ATV injury. The male brain doesn't start to near full development until around 25 or so; and TBIs are huge triggers for antisocial behaviours in young men. I hate to be bleak, but I don't see a future that doesn't involve prison, death, homelessness, or being institutionalized in a mental health facility (probably what needs to happen asap).

olyfan63

Reaction score
Lock him up...

I still remember the video of that earlier incident. The cop in that 2019 incident in Michigan showed more restraint than most; many cops probably would have just shot McDowell with the crap he pulled.

The Seahawks talent eval was on target, but the TBI or whatever factors there be make the talent irrelevant.

olyfan63

Reaction score
chris98251":3dpnmp0r said:
Lucky he wasn't shot.
Did you see the 2019 video from the Michigan convenience store where McDowell assaulted a cop? He is for sure living a charmed life.

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure how to react if one would be driving by a man like Malik on the street.
Malik video comp

olyfan63

Reaction score
Early video of latest incident, plus video of earlier altercation in Michigan:

[youtube]iyumfsc5vwY[/youtube]

[youtube]bul0AyxQYRI[/youtube]

Chapow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3u7m993r said:
He is dumber than a bag of hammers. He just threw away his NFL career.

This is the 2nd time he threw away his NFL career.

However, it seems pretty certain at this point that McDowell has some serious mental health issues, and probably substance abuse issues as well (based on multiple DUI's). The guy needs help.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I feel bad for this dude. He clearly has brain damage after that ATV accident. It's really sad. Can't make fun of this dude in clear conscience anymore.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's hard to be objective in a situation like this where children (may have been around) are concerned, but I feel bad for the guy.

I don't think he's malicious, as a man that size knows he can take most people out, and he did attack the cop, but didn't continue the assault. That makes me think he was on drugs of some kind, and if his lawyer is correct in saying that someone must have slipped him something, then maybe there's hope for him yet.

But if he's in the company of people that would do that to him, that's his responsibility. I hope he surrounds himself with people interested in his welfare, and that he gets a shot at redemption.

However, he does NOT belong in the NFL as that only gives him the resources to make his mistakes even worse, and attracts the wrong kind of people.

I believe the NFL has a responsibility to provide players like him ongoing mental health support. It's B.S. to toss a human being to the side of the road when one discovers that the person can't be of use to them anymore.

Get help Malik. You've still got the rest of your life. Don't give up.

Somos doces

Reaction score
ivotuk"[size=85:xaf5fjv8 said:
]It's hard to be objective in a situation like this where children (may have been around) are concerned, but I feel bad for the guy.

I don't think he's malicious, as a man that size knows he can take most people out, and he did attack the cop, but didn't continue the assault. That makes me think he was on drugs of some kind, and if his lawyer is correct in saying that someone must have slipped him something, then maybe there's hope for him yet.

But if he's in the company of people that would do that to him, that's his responsibility. I hope he surrounds himself with people interested in his welfare, and that he gets a shot at redemption.

However, he does NOT belong in the NFL as that only gives him the resources to make his mistakes even worse, and attracts the wrong kind of people.

I believe the NFL has a responsibility to provide players like him ongoing mental health support. It's B.S. to toss a human being to the side of the road when one discovers that the person can't be of use to them anymore.

Get help Malik. You've still got the rest of your life. Don't give up.[/size]
Yes. At this point, can't we all agree this has progressed from "The Seahawks screwed up another draft pick" to "I hope this human being gets the help he needs"?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If someone with his size and strength charged at me I would have shot him. He could literally kill half the population with a punch or two.

Yes, there would be bullshit protests afterwards and "why didn't you shoot him in the leg" idiocy and "oh you shot him because of his race" assininity afterwards but I would be ALIVE.

James in PA

Reaction score
My guess is that it was all just one big misunderstanding.

RiverDog

Reaction score
ivotuk":10j13bre said:
It's hard to be objective in a situation like this where children (may have been around) are concerned, but I feel bad for the guy.

Get help Malik. You've still got the rest of your life. Don't give up.

Given his background and predisposition to defy authority, I am very doubtful of his lawyer's claim that someone slipped him something. Although this was by far the most bizarre incident, it was far from his first time that he's exhibited unruly behavior:

McDowell, a Detroit native who played in college at Michigan State, has had previous arrests. In 2017, he was charged with DUI in Michigan and disorderly conduct in Atlanta after an incident at a nightclub. He was also arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated in 2019 and spent 66 days in jail. McDowell was also arrested in July 2019 for resisting arrest.

Something isn't right with this guy. As we all know, he experienced a severe head injury in an ATV accident shortly after we drafted him in 2017, and all of those incidents have come after the accident. I wouldn't be surprised if McDowell has some type of brain damage that has manifested itself in this kind of behavior.