More Geno Speculation - From 5 GM's & 3 Agents

OP
OP
LeveeBreak

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Jackson yes. Hell no on Uncle Will. All I heard the last several years is how one player taking a huge chunk of the salary ruins it for the cap and keeping players etc.
Geno is playing well, but there is still a lot of ball to be played. But that somehow makes someone a "hater" if they don't think Geno is an MVP level player. Or deserves some massive contract, and yes, plenty seem to think he does already. I want him to stick around for another couple seasons, IF it's not a break the bank contract.

MVP candidate? Not yet. Hopefully he will continue to rise, especially against the tougher teams/defenses and in to the playoffs.
I think the $40m+ contracts are the ones that kill teams. IMO, if Geno signs for ~$30-35m and continues to play the way he has, then it is an equitable signing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I get it, still a huge chunk of change imo. But IF he plays even better and continues to get it done, he will have earned it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, they were lacking in a lot of other areas.

Nothing will ever match the Bears trading UP to get Tribiski. Instead of drafting Mahomes or Watson

keasley45

Reaction score
Jackson yes. Hell no on Uncle Will. All I heard the last several years is how one player taking a huge chunk of the salary ruins it for the cap and keeping players etc.
Geno is playing well, but there is still a lot of ball to be played. But that somehow makes someone a "hater" if they don't think Geno is an MVP level player. Or deserves some massive contract, and yes, plenty seem to think he does already. I want him to stick around for another couple seasons, IF it's not a break the bank contract.

MVP candidate? Not yet. Hopefully he will continue to rise, especially against the tougher teams/defenses and in to the playoffs.

I dont think it's hating. But it's also not 'forum feels' that has him in MVP conversations. It's died down this week because of the bye, but if the dude maintains his consistency and level of play through 17 games ( and if you count the 4 games he played in last year, he's just about played a full season at this level already), then he will get mentions for MVP. Win it? Who knows, but to be in the convo? Last time that happened (really happened) for us? Never.

But now we have a guy that is actually garnering attention for the honor and we're balking at paying him what another team might?

Worse, we're saying he has no place even asking that he should get paid commensurately.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Geno is playing well but ask yourself this... how many other journeymen QBs would be playing equally as well considering the Hawks Oline, thier rookie stud RB, DK and Tyler, and three solid TEs... all combined with Waldron's offense that spreads the ball around and is an effective play-caller.

Geno is playing well, but not pretend that he's in a VERY good place to succeed.

Geno is not doing this all on his own. If he were, he'd rightfully be n the discussion for top QB money... but he's not.

I like the comparison to Tannehill. Pay Geno accordingly and let's keep him here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It does feel like jumping the gun a little bit, and I'm NOT saying I don't like the guy. I just don't know if I agree he's deserving of a huge payday after 10 games.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Very true. I wouldn’t be surprised if Geno goes over 40/yr when all is said and done.
You might laugh on $40mil, but did anyone see the amount of money they committed to Uncle Will?

They have always runs things a bit differently.

keasley45

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins when he left for Minnesota.

Also, $30 million APY is NOT top-10 QB money. It's top 14.
Exactly. Peeps keep referencing 3 year old cash. The new norm for a top 3 to 5 qb will be 50 mil if not this coming offseason (Lamar pending), then certainly next.

Top 10 qb money will easily be 40 mil.

keasley45

Reaction score
Geno is playing well but ask yourself this... how many other journeymen QBs would be playing equally as well considering the Hawks Oline, thier rookie stud RB, DK and Tyler, and three solid TEs... all combined with Waldron's offense that spreads the ball around and is an effective play-caller.

Geno is playing well, but not pretend that he's in a VERY good place to succeed.

Geno is not doing this all on his own. If he were, he'd rightfully be n the discussion for top QB money... but he's not.

I like the comparison to Tannehill. Pay Geno accordingly and let's keep him here.

Seriously, in what wet dream has a journeyman qb garnered MVP nods?

And the idea that any 'ok to good' qb can do what Geno has with our supporting cast is crazy talk.

Geno leads thr league in accuracy and completed passes that have an absurdly low probability of completion. He leads thr league. Better than Mahomes. Better than Allen, better than every other elite qb in the league... better than Tom Brady.

And he's been pressured more than Russel Wilson was last year over the same number of games. Translated - the dude is getting pressured plenty and leads the league in completion percentage, completion of ridiculously difficult passes, and is top 5 in rating.

It's crazy how the temperature of the team went from - we have no talent but DK so we might as well trade him and blow the while deal up this past offseason, to - we have so much talent that Geno is just a dude doing what any dude who we drop under center would do.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Wilson with all his athleticism & Rocket Launcher Arm couldn't do what Geno has done almost right from the get-go this year AND, he seems to be making improvements as the season wears on.
Looks like Geno's been sitting on the sidelines with a whole bunch of unused talent & untapped potential, biding his time.
Geno isn't all beat to hell, he makes snap-reads & unloads the ball fairly fast, so that helps him to stay healthy + those quick throws in turn, helps his 0-Line.
Hopefully he realizes that the more $$ he demands, the less there will be to upgrade the talent around him, though I do believe that the man rightfully deserves to get a decent payday.
I too like the idea of Drafting a young Quarterback in '23' to sit behind Geno and learn from the man.