MLB playoffs suck

James in PA

Reaction score
Three 100 win teams this year and none of them even make the final 4?? Best of 3 and best of 5 game series?? What's the point of playing all those regular season games? So stupid.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I don't mind it. I don't always want the team with the best record to win. I'm rooting Dbacks all the way.

For first time the final four is teams 90 wins or fewer. Can't complain about that as a baseball fan.

balakoth

Reaction score
Imagine if we didnt strike out what.. (Never mind I looked it up...... ) 1603 strikeouts this year... based on Plate appearances, they struck out 1 out of 4 at bats (technically) Holy friggen... balls

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't mind it. I don't always want the team with the best record to win. I'm rooting Dbacks all the way.

For first time the final four is teams 90 wins or fewer. Can't complain about that as a baseball fan.
Not the right attitude results like this just give owners like the Mariners etc. more legitimacy to win just 54% of the time putting out an inferior product while making money hand over fist with nobody calling them out.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Well why didn't those 100 win teams beat their opponents in the playoffs? What was their problem?

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
Well why didn't those 100 win teams beat their opponents in the playoffs? What was their problem?
It would feel more legitimate if those teams were eliminated in a best of 7 game series. Baseball is supposed to be all about longevity. Best of 5 and especially best of 3 is a crock for a sport that has a billion regular season games. It waters down the regular season even more.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Not the right attitude results like this just give owners like the Mariners etc. more legitimacy to win just 54% of the time putting out an inferior product while making money hand over fist with nobody calling them out.
The Mariners are not as good as any of the 90 win teams that made the playoffs. I see your point you're not wrong all im saying is in every sport the team with the most wins actually rarely ends up winning it all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Baseball is the most variable professional sport played and their playoff system only rewards shit ownership your turn. You play 162 games unless your real goal is to be actually the very best hence half the league making the playoffs and 3/5 game series where stuff happens like a bullshit Arizona teen making the NCLS while being in no way possible unless ridiculously short series. It's completely offensive and a reason baseball is becoming irrelevant worldwide.

Last edited:

Threedee

Reaction score
It would feel more legitimate if those teams were eliminated in a best of 7 game series. Baseball is supposed to be all about longevity. Best of 5 and especially best of 3 is a crock for a sport that has a billion regular season games. It waters down the regular season even more.
None of the 100 win teams played in the best of 3 series.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Imagine if we didnt strike out what.. (Never mind I looked it up...... ) 1603 strikeouts this year... based on Plate appearances, they struck out 1 out of 4 at bats (technically) Holy friggen... balls
There is another stat that is more concering.

Not clutch.

Msfann

Reaction score
When our local teams have been eliminated I tend to quit watching for the year. I just can't get hyped up about other teams. My season of watching ends when our teams are done.

Threedee

Reaction score
Eighth inning in Houston and Altuve draws a walk on strike two. Umps better not **** this inning up.

Weadoption

Reaction score
you gotta love the wildcards in baseball man. lol.
that’s why getting in is so dam huge.
Hitting with runners in scoring position can be a nightmare of statistical variance at times. That’s just the nature of hits in baseball, where you can go 1 out of 3 as a hitter for a career and be in the hall of fame discussion.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Phillies and rangers just smashing the ball around like it's nothin'. Need more sluggers.

pugetsoundpyrate

Reaction score
I'm not against the new format. As far as I'm concerned, the regular season is one thing, and the post-season is essentially a tournament of the best teams. If a team kicks ass all year, and then can't handle the post-season, they're not going to win. I do agree that the shorter series could be a detriment, though.

I'll be waiting a long, long time to see the Pirates and Mariners square off in a World Series one day, though, so my opinion isn't worth much here :sneaky:

Reactions: Xxx