Mike Rob Cut?!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Given Pete's philosophy on offense this makes really no sense, those saying we don't need a FB to be a dominant running team and were going a new direction are really blowing smoke, even when Pete had really good receivers and backs at USC he never went away from the running game. He would stack a few different player sets but didn't abandon his philosophy. I did notice the additional Lineman Person playing as additional blocker, we had Helfet Willson in as a FB switching stuff up. We never have seen anything consistent. Whether that was by design or from so much switching up of personnel to find out what we have and are going to use, who knows till this weekend.

I know Robinson was absent on the field most of preseason.

If its health then I hope he gets well soon, maybe a way to subtlety stash another player till after the cuts and pick ups are done. Could be a way like with Trufant to leverage a contract re adjustment and then bring him back.

Since he was the only announcement today it is also strange, team giving him a chance to check things out possibly.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
In Pete and John we trust...

Thank you everything you have done for us Micheal Robinson. You will be missed.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
AgentDib":2dqcoxgk said:
-The Glove-":2dqcoxgk said:
With these responses, it makes me wonder...why even have any discussion on the forum when you get a bunch of "have faith in the FO", "they know better than us", "if PC and JS made the move, its obviously for the best", etc. People have different reactions, opinions, attachments to/on certain players. Let those people air their displeasure with this move.
Similarly, people who say they are okay with the move are just giving their opinions as well. Besides, 93.1% of the responses here are not actually directed at any one person, but just an excuse for the poster to provide their own opinion some more.

That's fine if you want to express your opinion, but to say people are overreacting or crying or shouldn't second guess the FO is more than just that

QUILCENE

Reaction score
Carrol never ran the offense at USC- he ran the Defense= talk to Sark about that.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1oaudlvg said:
So I guess the consensus is that we are screwed now and have no chance.
C'mon Dom...no1's saying that. Speaking for myself, I know this HAD to be done. Doesn't mean I like it is all

QUILCENE

Reaction score
I doubt that= the consensus is that, Carrol will go with his youth and speed first-and talk his talk as he always has. Moving on to another FB or blocker is just about that, period.

We all know how tough these decisions are for the FO to make- we have a depth that most teams dream of= that is due to Carrols and Schnieders ability to bring the talent here.

Why second guess what they have done, in three years?

chris98251

Reaction score
QUILCENE":pt1ufnlj said:
Carrol never ran the offense at USC- he ran the Defense= talk to Sark about that.

I don't know, Head coach has the philosophical say on what he wants, he dictates who will run it. Rememeber Bevell got his job because the last guy didn't do what he wanted and went rogue. So I think Petes input on what he likes on offense as far as ball control and a running game is pretty significant.

chris98251

Reaction score
QUILCENE":3gdq9y3v said:
I doubt that= the consensus is that, Carrol will go with his youth and speed first-and talk his talk as he always has. Moving on to another FB or blocker is just about that, period.

We all know how tough these decisions are for the FO to make- we have a depth that most teams dream of= that is due to Carrols and Schnieders ability to bring the talent here.

You won't make it to ten posts if you don't quit dropping F bombs in the main forum, clean it up and or move it to the shack if thats how ya like to communicate. Not being a prude just letting you know policy.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
QUILCENE":2f25a0fu said:

Holy crap, are people not allowed to have opinions anymore? Just cause they've done very well turning over the team doesn't mean that every transaction they do is always right. People have different feelings for different moves, just because you don't agree with them doesn't make their opinion any more right or wrong than yours. The forums exist for people to voice their opinions of approval or disapproval.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
What it is with Seahawk fans and fullbacks?

Mack Strong
now Michael Robinson
Hell people were even butt hurt when we let Leonard Weaver go

The best ever was John L. and I laugh when I hear people speak of Mack Strong as a ring of honor guy.

Robinson was alright and all but wow. Pitch forks and hand gernades people wanna riot? Seriously?

He played like 32% of the offensive snaps and was making like 2.5 million. Cap casualty.

My only question is did his ego get in the way like Tatupu and he wouldn't accept a pay cut? Thats all I wanna know.

Exittium

Reaction score
The only sad part of this for me I feel like us 12's wont have the connection that Mike Rob and the RRR brought us. I know for me the RRR made the connection to the team feel a little more personal because you got the see the other side of the NFL and the comradery that our team has, and as a fan with the RRR you felt part of it.

nitticanuck

Reaction score
Truth of the matter is fullback is a dying position. The use of two running backs or multiple tight ends is a much less predictive offensive scheme. This was a smart move cap wise and I will miss mrob he was awesome but I understand it. Watch our offense. This only allows us to deploy more weapons and confuse the defence. We are a two tight end offense

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
nitticanuck":1ehn9kxh said:
Truth of the matter is fullback is a dying position. The use of two running backs or multiple tight ends is a much less predictive offensive scheme. This was a smart move cap wise and I will miss mrob he was awesome but I understand it. Watch our offense. This only allows us to deploy more weapons and confuse the defence. We are a two tight end offense

And you think we really have 2 starting tight ends right now? Willson had some good moments, but id take McCoy over him any day of the week, given the choice, and McCoy was just a solid backup.

It just seems like to really be a 2 tight end team you need way more depth there.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":21q34vy9 said:
Scottemojo":21q34vy9 said:
Wasn't Robinson the Hawks Union rep?

So should we blame the longshoremen?
Most definitely.
I think it matters. In his interviews he often got opinions on contract issues. Looking too deep into the RRR would be silly, but I don't think it's nothing either. NFL front offices have been notorious for cutting union reps, in fact after the new CBA was ratified just about all of them got axed.

I don't think it's everything, but it might be something.

Uffda

Reaction score
Freddy P Soft":2jbtszcj said:
Another team will pick him up.

Yep, certain of this.

Him and Lynch had a real sync I thought.

Can always get a good media job if it comes down to that.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Archer":vrg1lcbz said:
Hawkscanner":vrg1lcbz said:
I'm with you and just about everyone else in thinking this is a bad move here. Now I know that the elite teams out there not only stockpile talent ... they also are masters at managing the cap (see the Raiders as an example of what can happen if you don't.) Still ... I can't help but feel that this has the potential to be a colossal mistake.

Schneider and company did the exact same thing last year with Kellen Winslow -- no one can look back at that move (and the subsequent signing of Evan Moore) now as anything but a salary dump. Do you really believe that Schneider, Carroll, and company honestly thought that Winslow for Moore was basically a wash ... and that they'd still be able to run all the 2 TE sets that they worked hard on installing all last offseason? No way they believed that ... and now we're seeing the exact same kind of move being made IMO with MRob. Don't tell me that Coleman can do as good a job at FB and opening up those holes for Marshawn right now as MRob did -- not buying that one.

Maybe MRob's injury situation was far worse than we generally know and that played a big part in this decision ... but to me, the Seahawks appear to have made this move based chiefly on fiscal responsibility. IMO, teams that are poised to make Super Bowl runs just don't make moves like this one. I sure hope I'm wrong and will eventually chow down on a big plate of crow with this one ... but at this moment, I'm not feeling good about this move at all.

How is this in any way related to the Kellen Winslow situation? Winslow was not a 3 year player on this team, nor did he factor in at all in his stay here. Also, just FYI, but the SB winners from last year cut Leach, the consensus "best" FB in the league, so you can't say a caliber team would not cut their starting FB. The position is basically just a blocking position in this league at this point. I think this is a "value versus cost" move and it does make sense. Saying all that, I really like MRob and this really sucks, but if it makes it possible to keep a more valuable player it's a good and necessary move. If there was no salary cap in place then he would remain on the team, but keeping a starting WR (Tate, Rice) or TE (Miller) is completely worth this sacrifice, not to mention the defensive all pro players up for renewal next year.

It IS related in the sense that they are choosing salary cap management (IMO) over talent. And as I said above, I completely get the need to manage the cap -- I really do. I completely understand what you're saying in regards to it and agree for the most part. The 2 situations however ARE related because in both instances (the Winslow situation and now with MRob) they chose salary cap over talent. In the case of Kellen Winslow, Carroll and the coaching staff spent a lot of time installing 2 TE packages and spending no shortage of time telling everyone how exactly how excited they were at the prospect of all the potential mismatches they were going to create on the field. Pete was freaking giddy talking about all of that, heck IIRC even up to 24 hours or so before Winslow was cut. And if they'd cut Winslow in favor of a superior player (or even an equally talented one) who was making less money -- fine. But they didn't. In the end, the entire package virtually went out in the window in the name of Evan Moore and fiscal sanity.

I would argue that the same holds true with MRob. If you could show me who on this roster can do the things that he did better (or even equal to) him -- fine. But I don't see that as the case here. I just don't see Coleman, Ware, or Michael being half the blocker that MRob is. Blocking is pretty darned important, especially in Seattle's system, as Lynch is nowhere near as successful without someone up front hammering open holes for him.

Now, I know that in 24-72 hours all of this could be completely moot. Schneider and company have their Hawk eyes fixed on all the cuts that are going to be made ... and could bring in a lower cost veteran blocking fullback. At this moment in time though, I'm not liking this move.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":2ge4790r said:
Given Pete's philosophy on offense this makes really no sense, those saying we don't need a FB to be a dominant running team and were going a new direction are really blowing smoke, even when Pete had really good receivers and backs at USC he never went away from the running game. He would stack a few different player sets but didn't abandon his philosophy. I did notice the additional Lineman Person playing as additional blocker, we had Helfet Willson in as a FB switching stuff up. We never have seen anything consistent. Whether that was by design or from so much switching up of personnel to find out what we have and are going to use, who knows till this weekend.

I know Robinson was absent on the field most of preseason.

If its health then I hope he gets well soon, maybe a way to subtlety stash another player till after the cuts and pick ups are done. Could be a way like with Trufant to leverage a contract re adjustment and then bring him back.

Since he was the only announcement today it is also strange, team giving him a chance to check things out possibly.

Pete evolves. Did he run the read zone at USC?