Mason Rudolph to face Browns--how many more QBs go down

253hawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ttql2ww said:
So who was telling the truth about that incident? Garrett or Rudolph?

Burden of proof is on the accuser, and if it were true (or if he wanted it to be perceived as true), Garrett should have come forward with it immediately instead of having it leaked a week after the fact. You'd better bring the receipts pronto for an accusation like that. If it were truly worthy of swinging a helmet at someone's head seconds after it was said, he'd have made a statement to the media before the night was over, one would think. His body language through the entire ordeal never gave off any sort of 'suddenness', he wrestled through the whole thing. I think he got pissy because Rudolph pulled on his helmet, and in turn retaliated way beyond rational measure. Everything was relatively cool by NFL standards (Johnson vs. Finnegan helmets, anyone?) until he decided to swing with it.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":20652vz6 said:
Cyrus12":20652vz6 said:
So who was telling the truth about that incident? Garrett or Rudolph?

Burden of proof is on the accuser, and if it were true (or if he wanted it to be perceived as true), Garrett should have come forward with it immediately instead of having it leaked a week after the fact. You'd better bring the receipts pronto for an accusation like that. If it were truly worthy of swinging a helmet at someone's head seconds after it was said, he'd have made a statement to the media before the night was over, one would think. His body language through the entire ordeal never gave off any sort of 'suddenness', he wrestled through the whole thing. I think he got pissy because Rudolph pulled on his helmet, and in turn retaliated way beyond rational measure. Everything was relatively cool by NFL standards (Johnson vs. Finnegan helmets, anyone?) until he decided to swing with it.

Even IF the n-word was used and even IF Rudolph tried to yank on his nuts, he still can't chase Rudolph and boink him on the head with his own helmet.

It was so odd for Garrett, really, because his rep before and after outside of this has always been as a mild-mannered and honest guy. After he came back from Covid, he's been pretty upfront in saying his body hasn't been the same.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 988579001/

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Other QBs likely to sit this Sunday: Kirk Cousins, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen (may start and then come out halfway). There are loads other big players sitting that I can't be arsed to look up, as there is each season.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2koj65l6 said:
Other QBs likely to sit this Sunday: Kirk Cousins, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen (may start and then come out halfway). There are loads other big players sitting that I can't be arsed to look up, as there is each season.

The Vikings will not play another game in 2020. Kirk Cousins knows that and says that it’s important to turn that page, while looking ahead to 2021 and Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions.

“We want to finish strong,” Cousins said Wednesday via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “I heard (Wednesday) morning that it’s important that we don’t view this as the last game of this year but really as the first game of 2021. I think that will help us kind of focus on where we’re heading, what we’re trying to build.”

I get what you're saying Si, but really the same argument affects not just the securely seeded postseason but also the majority of the teams that are mathematically eliminated such as the Vikings. Lions are too, but Stafford's still at practice and insisting he's gonna play. In a game that "doesn't matter" for the score to either side...because it does matter to their fans to know their top players are gonna get out there.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2rx2uqzo said:
Uncle Si":2rx2uqzo said:

The Vikings will not play another game in 2020. Kirk Cousins knows that and says that it’s important to turn that page, while looking ahead to 2021 and Sunday’s game against the Detroit Lions.

“We want to finish strong,” Cousins said Wednesday via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “I heard (Wednesday) morning that it’s important that we don’t view this as the last game of this year but really as the first game of 2021. I think that will help us kind of focus on where we’re heading, what we’re trying to build.”

I get what you're saying Si, but really the same argument affects not just the securely seeded postseason but also the majority of the teams that are mathematically eliminated such as the Vikings. Lions are too, but Stafford's still at practice and insisting he's gonna play. In a game that "doesn't matter" for the score to either side...because it does matter to their fans to know their top players are gonna get out there.

So?

Also.. it certainly matters to their fans.. imagine Cousins getting hurt in a meaningless game and missing games next year?

Clearly teams agree,and have for some time

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Most teams out of contention expect to play players that they expect won't be out of contention in 2021, tho.

I mean if every team did like Minny there wouldn't really be a reason not for just Week 17 but 16 as well. Further back for many.

Most average bears tune in to see their stars (or another team's) same as any other entertainment venue. And that's where the nfl gets most of its money, from the average bears. Fewer average bears tune in, less eyeballs and thus less potential revenue for advertisers to pay for.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Most.. or some.. but not all.

Which makes the point moot. Teams will do whats best for them, and only that.

Its simple. Happens every year. In every sport.

Latest posts