Mark Schlereth - "It's all about mitigating Russell Wilson"

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

but but but but i was told it was pete holding wilson back all along, right @Fade ? oh wait, you're not here, you're hanging out on webzone with the other bay area 49er fans.

russell wilson 1.0 was the best version of russell wilson. you know, the one that handed the ball off to marshawn?

@keasley45 @Maelstrom787 @toffee @hoxrox

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He got really fat again this offseason, by the way.

I was one of the last "Russ haters" on the off-field train. I thought having his own perfume line and etc. etc. was perfectly reasonable, because it is for most quarterbacks. After a while, though, it became clear that he's been consumed by a special level of sniffing his own farts. It showed up on the field, it showed up in his orchestrated media campaigns, it showed up everywhere.

He's aging and he's not in it anymore, and this trade was the robbery of the century.

Notice how there's literally no team discord or drama this offseason? Ya think it's a coincidence, everybody?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I was one of the last "Russ haters" on the off-field train. I thought having his own perfume line and etc. etc. was perfectly reasonable, because it is for most quarterbacks. After a while, though, it became clear that he's been consumed by a special level of sniffing his own farts. It showed up on the field, it showed up in his orchestrated media campaigns, it showed up everywhere.

He's aging and he's not in it anymore, and this trade was the robbery of the century.

Notice how there's literally no team discord or drama this offseason? Ya think it's a coincidence, everybody?

Im hearing Denver athletic is saying he’s not so fat? Maybe not?

Oh well, we will find out

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Wilson down and out

sacked 482 times in just 173 games. not saying the hawks oline was anything more than mediocre, but i can remember the narrative "it's the offensive line, that's why wilson is getting sacked" ... yet he goes to denver, and in YEAR ONE sets the all-time denver broncos sacked record. sacked 55x, that's more than any prior season in seattle. amazing. just amazing. so many bubbles burst last season, and with more to come.

Fs qx30XoAUFv2aformatjpgnamesmall

Jac

Reaction score
Off of this pic, I’d have to agree. There’s moob there.
Yep, there are several pictures to go off there. However you slice it, he's not trim and he's not going to suddenly regain his escapability.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
sacked 482 times in just 173 games. not saying the hawks oline was anything more than mediocre, but i can remember the narrative "it's the offensive line, that's why wilson is getting sacked" ... yet he goes to denver, and in YEAR ONE sets the all-time denver broncos sacked record. sacked 55x, that's more than any prior season in seattle. amazing. just amazing. so many bubbles burst last season, and with more to come.

My prediction a year ago, when we were hearing about how Wilson was going to be a top MVP candidate and finally get his first votes for the award (he's currently tied with me in total career NFL MVP votes) now that he was going to have a better offensive line, was that by the middle of the 2022 season, talking-head mediots would be wondering how the Broncos' offensive line had gotten so much worse so fast.

I was wrong. I hadn't counted on Wilson sucking as much as he did in '22. I figured he'd still put up the good stats he had when Carroll made him play Russball (derided as "Peteball" by the Carroll haters), so mediots wouldn't be able to fathom the idea that he might be responsible for the high sack numbers I knew were coming. But because Wilson was one of the absolute worst starting QBs in the league, mediots were able to piece together that maybe a lot of the sacks were his fault.

What I did get right was that the high sack totals followed Wilson from the Seahawks to a team that I'll remind you we were hearing a year ago had a much better OL than the Seahawks.

Remember that most of the Eeyore crowd around here, the ones that insist that as long as Carroll is around, the Seahawks don't have a chance, were advocating for giving Wilson a huge extension and firing Carroll to free Wilson from the shackles of Russball (which they insist on calling Peteball) and put him with an exciting young coach. Basically, they wanted the Seahawks to do what the Broncos did. Oopsie! Fade made one of the most-just-plain-wrong (and therefore pretty funny) posts I've seen on .NET, telling us how the Broncos were a team being run better in every way than the Seahawks, and so the Broncos would be in the Super Bowl a lot while the Seahawks would be among the worst teams in the league.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Is that Jesus?

I pointed it out in the rw off-season thread. Notably, theres a media blackout on otas until the last stage in late May when the league mandates press conferences.

I would imagine Payton has him on the nfl Jenny Craig diet. Show up, three custom designed meals on the house...we cook, not you

toffee

Reaction score

Even fatter than last season? Love to see a pic of the current chubby Russ, a self proclaimed workout and fitness freak.