Mariners Sign AJ Pollock

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He had a real down year last year and is now 35. Better than Kelenic and was still very good against lefties.

42% hard hit ball last year, his worst year in 6 years. Still better than Kelenic's 35%.

He's a + over replacement players. Expect to platoon with Kelenic to start.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hit .286 against lefties which is who he'll solo face. I like it.

beastalamode

Reaction score
What a poverty franchise this team is. 35 years old and coming off his worst year bahahaha

beastalamode

Reaction score
The move is ok, it's just so pathetic that this is basically our entire free agent period.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I actually like the move but that's probably it this off-season. A trade might still happen but looks like the M's are rolling with opening day:
Julio
France
Suarez
Hernandez
Wong
JP
Cal
Pollack
Hags

Something like that. I think the Pollack signing pulls Kelenic out of the opening day line up. I like this line up it's not a bad one by any stretch.

TIMD

Reaction score
View attachment 56522
God you're a little whiner. Gonna' go kick some puppies today?
And you're a total loser. You sissy. Anybody that disagrees with your Rah-Rah nonsense you try to call out on a forum. I guarantee in real life, you would cower like the keyboard warrior sissy you are. I or ANYONE ELSE who DOESN'T agree with your opinions has just as much right to post on here or anywhere else as you think you do. Go get a therapy dog & find yourself a safe space.

ivotuk

Reaction score
You can't sign people who don't want to be in South Alaska, and you can't trade for players that require some of your best in return. That's going backwards.

Just because we aren't "winning the offseason", doesn't mean Jerry isn't working his butt off and trying everything he can to increase the talent level of this team.

He's got a great record so far....1st playoffs in how many years? Julio, Castillo, George Kirby, Ty France, etc etc.

balakoth

Reaction score
And you're a total loser. You sissy. Anybody that disagrees with your Rah-Rah nonsense you try to call out on a forum. I guarantee in real life, you would cower like the keyboard warrior sissy you are. I or ANYONE ELSE who DOESN'T agree with your opinions has just as much right to post on here or anywhere else as you think you do. Go get a therapy dog & find yourself a safe space.
No thats not it at all.. you just have some of the dumbest takes I've seen.. While trying to claim to be an X fan for X long.. while clearly missing the point on almost everything you try and debate.

TIMD

Reaction score
No thats not it at all.. you just have some of the dumbest takes I've seen.. While trying to claim to be an X fan for X long.. while clearly missing the point on almost everything you try and debate.
Sure. What is dumb? So they don't just shuffle players in & out every single year? They have no real plan, other than to be cheap. Frazier was here for one year, he sucked & he is gone. Winker was here for one year, he sucked & he is gone. Suarez was a simple replacement for Seager. Hernandez is a simple replacement for Hanigar. Wong is a simple replacement for Frazier. They have ADDED nobody of significance. Hernandez & Wong are at the end of contracts, assuming one or both actually hit well for Seattle, do you really think this organization will bring them back? If Hernandez hits 35-40 HR's & there is demand for him elsewhere, he will sign somewhere else. Sure DiBozo the Clown is always making trades, that's because his trades & signings hardly ever work. I bet you blind homers on here don't see the obvious Suarez regression for 2023. He will end up around .220 with 25 HR & 200 K's. They are extremely lucky Rodriguez developed as quickly as he did, or they would be nowhere. They also better hope he actually gets better as he's their best player & face of the franchise. By the way, how many years was MARCO GONZALEZ their best starting pitcher? Good grief, you blind homers tolerate absolutely everything from this cheap ownership group. And all you guys get mad & talk shit about me on here because you know it's true. You guys accept anything & everything & ownership knows it.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Suarez already almost struck out 200 times last season and still was huge for us. He had a good post season too. Wong isn't long term. Hernandez maybe is.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
You can't sign people who don't want to be in South Alaska, and you can't trade for players that require some of your best in return. That's going backwards.

Just because we aren't "winning the offseason", doesn't mean Jerry isn't working his butt off and trying everything he can to increase the talent level of this team.

He's got a great record so far....1st playoffs in how many years? Julio, Castillo, George Kirby, Ty France, etc etc.
look at the other offseason m's threads. it's not jerry that's the issue here. i like jerry. he does well considering. it's just he is under tight financial constraints. it's above jerry's head. the ownership group has a 320+ million dollar surplus this year, along with a 30m cash payout as part of a deal with disney. and they made lateral moves, refused to up payroll, and completely avoided the FA market all together. a FA market that was the most stacked in decades. adding 1 or 2 of those top players changes the m's future dramatically. and john stanton and the m's ownership completely avoided it the FA market. very telling. we are about the 20th ranked team in spending. and seattle is a top 7-8 market. ownership are cheapskates and use the m's as their cash cow. they aren't the least bit serious about contending for a WS. don't kid yourselves.

we are being outspent by the astros to the tune of about 60m-75m / year. the same astros that were last in payroll spending back in 2013 and 2014. things changed when they got a new ownership. we can only hope for the same.

NoGain

Reaction score
look at the other offseason m's threads. it's not jerry that's the issue here. i like jerry. he does well considering. it's just he is under tight financial constraints. it's above jerry's head. the ownership group has a 320+ million dollar surplus this year, along with a 30m cash payout as part of a deal with disney. and they made lateral moves, refused to up payroll, and completely avoided the FA market all together. a FA market that was the most stacked in decades. adding 1 or 2 of those top players changes the m's future dramatically. and john stanton and the m's ownership completely avoided it the FA market. very telling. we are about the 20th ranked team in spending. and seattle is a top 7-8 market. ownership are cheapskates and use the m's as their cash cow. they aren't the least bit serious about contending for a WS. don't kid yourselves.

we are being outspent by the astros to the tune of about 60m-75m / year. the same astros that were last in payroll spending back in 2013 and 2014. things changed when they got a new ownership. we can only hope for the same.
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts. All signs point to ownership not willing to spend more of the money they do have to spend at a time when we're knocking on the door of being a WS competitor. Even if we didn't sign one of the major FA SS's, we could have resigned Haniger and/or a better 1B/DH type, or one of the better than middling FA's/available players. We were really nowhere to be found in the FA market when it was boiling.

It's been a bit of a disappointing off season so far given the available money to spend and the patience of a fanbase that's lived without real competitive baseball for much of the last two decades.

Latest posts