Mariners 2022 Season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah, we might have to hang on to that Julio kid.
Yeah, I think he’s going to be kind of good.
Love the hustle on the double out of the box to get into scoring position.

The only blemish was Munoz. Gilbert pitched great and deserved the win. Castillo is always scary when he comes in IMHO, but he got the job done today.

I understand though them wanting to stay away from the back to back appearances by the bullpen early on due to shortened spring training.

A great comeback win.

2-0 and in first place. I’ll take it. (y)(y)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
While the error was costly looks like BAD Marco showed up today.
Will it be bad Marco all season is the question. The biggest worry going into the season was the back end of the rotation. Was Flexen a one hit wonder? While I'm confident in Brash, he is still a rookie. Not getting another arm could hurt us. Meanwhile Sean Manea through 7 innings of no hit ball in his debut. I get the feeling everything we went cheap on will come back to hurt this team. Not getting another starting pitcher, not getting another infield bat.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Marco must hit location or he is in big trouble. Just go win today and take the series.

sutz

Reaction score
Marco must hit location or he is in big trouble. Just go win today and take the series.
Yeah, kind of a Jamie Moyer redux. No overpowering stuff, but usually better at locating pitches.

Hopefully, Flexen can repeat what he did last season.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the forum move for Mariners, Kraken, etc.! Now we can branch out subtopics.

I just asked this in another thread in here, but I think we should start creating series game threads. You guy think there will be aleast a few pages of post within the series thread?

notyou

Reaction score
Judging by the season thread, you might get one page tops per series.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I know the season is still very young, but man our offense sucks outside of Hanniger. Again.

The fact that Dipoto was satisfied with this lineup to start the season is head scratching. I guess they're eying 2023?

And Byron Buxton looks like an MVP candidate vs our pitching. He's hot, we're not.
Fingers crossed the young guys pick it up this season, especially Kelenic.

My other observations: Winker should be DH, his outfield skills aren't that good. Let Kelenic learn left field.
The bullpen looks shaky to start the season. It's a bummer that they seemed content with the bullpen, especially knowing how up and down that crew can be.

It just feels like all the hype for this team yet again is a bunch of hot air. The young prospects that everyone was banking on to lead the team to the promise land look unprepared. I'm not sure if that's poor coaching or what, but ever since Ackley, Zunino and Smoak I don't trust our coaches to develop young talent here. They would do better elsewhere for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Never been a huge fan of Marco, but I think he is fine as a back end starter. I’m very skeptical of Flex. Wouldn’t be the first time a pitcher had one really good season then regressed. The rotation might need Kirby in a month or two, and that’s assuming there are no injuries.

Offense looks garbage but the sample size is small. What we went cheap on will come back to hurt us. Suarez hasn’t hit for two seasons, spring training and a handful of games. The new additions of Winker and Frazier are yet to pay off.

Only in MLB can players go from good to trash without much reason. It’s a weird sport. It’s early but this looks like an 80 win team.

Crizilla

Reaction score
They just haven't played well against the AL central the past few years. Why isn't Torrens playing? Had a great spring. This team just needs to get home I think. Brutal to start in Minny and Chicago when it isn't summer yet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Watching the game tonight, besides the batting practice Mr. Too many letters in his last name threw, the hitters keep taking strike one right down the middle and then swing at shit the next 2 pitches.

Chapow

Reaction score
.177 team batting average and 10 total runs in 4 games...

Pretty damn fortunate to leave Minny with a series split.

Obviously it's incredibly early, but some pretty troubling signs IMO.

Latest posts