Make your bold draft prediction for the #5 pick

morgulon1

Reaction score
Jalen Carter. Just because everyone is now saying we wont take him. Don't overthink it. He fills a need and is arguably the best player in this draft.
I'm sure he'll promise to get his stuff together!! Right after he goes and orders his custom Lamborghini

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Mike Tannenbaum has the boldest prediction I've seen so far.

View attachment 58495

Was actually just thinking this over the weekend.

Pretty much outside Okung and Earl, every 1st round pick this FO ever selected has been a consensus day two guy. And really that goes for every pick not those two, regardless of how many teams called us after our reach to tell us they were going to take him.

I figure we're interested in QB. It's not Pete/John's style to overtly advertise their draft crushes. So if the position is right, and it has to be a 2nd/3rd round guy that you're taking in the first. Then it probably is Hooker. And it would be totally on point taking him at 5.

bileever

Reaction score

Pretty much outside Okung and Earl, every 1st round pick this FO ever selected has been a consensus day two guy. And really that goes for every pick not those two, regardless of how many teams called us after our reach to tell us they were going to take him.

I figure we're interested in QB. It's not Pete/John's style to overtly advertise their draft crushes. So if the position is right, and it has to be a 2nd/3rd round guy that you're taking in the first. Then it probably is Hooker. And it would be totally on point taking him at 5.
And Charles Cross.

toffee

Reaction score
#5? Let's see, if:
  1. Only one of these players are available at #5, draft him, the list with Stroud, Anderson, and Richardson.
  2. Only Carter is available at #5, I'll trade down.
  3. If one of the players on (1) and Carter available at #5, ummmm, shall we trade and gamble the other teams grab Carter?
  4. If two of the players on (2) and Carter available at #5, trade down to say #7, and pray.
What I have been doing on PFF simulator, trade down from #5 to # mid teens (say #15) for an addition 2nd round and a 1st in 2024. Then trade our #20 for a mid 20 say #25, a 2023 and 2024 2nd round picks. With these two trades, we shall have an additional 1st and 2nd in 2024 for a franchise QB. But, we will also have #15, #25, and FOUR 2nd rounders in 2023. I normally use the #15 and #25 for Kancey and Mazi, the four 2nd rounder for Campbell, McDonald, Tippman, and xxx?

OP
OP
Chukarhawk

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
No team is dumb enough to take Richardson at 5.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Famous last words. We hear something like that every single draft. No way x player goes that early etc.
The idiot Bears traded UP to #2 to take Mitch effin Trubiski. In the same draft they could have had Mahomes or Watson (way before we knew who Watson would become)

I highly doubt anyone saw that coming.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

If they LOVE Hooker, then I'd hope they could get him at 20, not 5.

Or at the worst trade up to 15, etc to grab him if they think he won't last until 20.

At 5? Eh, seems like a reach for a dude who's already 25, is coming off a major injury and still needs quite a bit of development.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Anderson, Wilson, or Trade Back, get Murphy, Simpson

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
We trade 5, 20, 83, 122, 151, 154, 198 and 238 to Houston for 12, 33, 65, 73, 104, 161, 188, 201, 203, and 259 + both their 2024 First Round picks (Hou and Cle).

Then pick Jalen Carter at #12.

First 5 picks:

Car, Stroud
Hou, Anderson
Atl, Richardson
Ind, Levis
Hou, Young

Jegpeg

Reaction score

There is a world of difference between taking a concensus 2nd rounder at 27 or 31 than at 5. Before Cross (a definite 1st rounder) we hadn't picked higher than 27 since 2012. IF we are interested in a QB it doesn't have to be a 2nd/3rd rounder we are taking in the 1st.
They could like a consensus 1st round QB in which case they will either hope they are available at 5 or trade up to 3.
If they like Hooker I could see then taking him at 20 but think it more likely they will trade down to around 30 expecting him to be still around then, no way would they take him at 5.
Going on previous QB drafting they could like a consensus 4/5th rounder and take him in the 3rd.