Lofa Tatupu on his outlook for the 2022 Seahawks PLUS the College Football will expand

ivotuk

Reaction score
BUMP AND STACY -- Hour 3 - Lofa Tatupu on his outlook for the 2022 Seahawks PLUS the College Football will expand

We're a little over a week away from the official start of the Seahawks' season so how does Lofa Tatupu see this new era of Seattle football going in 2022? He joins Bump and Stacy to get hour three started.

BREAKING: the College Football Playoff will expand to 12 teams in 2026 or possibly sooner. What does this mean for the remaining Pac-12 teams? Bump and Stacy examine.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As a former Fan Boy of Russ this is the kind of cringy-ness about him that embarasses me and I have nothing to do with him personally. Of course none of us had any problem with him finishing his interviews with "Go Hawks!" and of course I get that no Broncos fan will have any issue with him saying "Let's Ride" at the end of his current interviews, but looking at it all in context it's so obviously contrived and part of his shtick to be the company man, the super soldier for the organization signing his massive paychecks. I used to think all the smoke was overblown. Butt hurt former players who wanted to point the finger elsewhere. Now? I am not so sure. I think Russ' "goody-two-shoes, run to the principal to tattle" act was a very real factor in why he wasn't liked all that much in the locker room.

It wasn't that he wasn't "black enough". It was that he wasn't like a regular teammate enough.

I will always appreciate what he meant to this team. Without him, I highly doubt we are anywhere near as successful as we were that decade, historic defense or not. One day we will all be watching his induction in Canton, watching the highlights saying "Damn! I forgot how incredible he was!" Mark my words.

Still, I hate how his story ended here. Slowed by age, seemingly more preoccupied by his brand and legacy than being the best teammate and leader he could be. Distracted by wanting control instead of trusting the coaches and scheme to work for him, not against him.

All good things come to an end. The LOB. Russ. Perennial Playoffs. Success.

Time to reset, rebuild and go after it again.

morgulon1

Reaction score
As a former Fan Boy of Russ this is the kind of cringy-ness about him that embarasses me and I have nothing to do with him personally. Of course none of us had any problem with him finishing his interviews with "Go Hawks!" and of course I get that no Broncos fan will have any issue with him saying "Let's Ride" at the end of his current interviews, but looking at it all in context it's so obviously contrived and part of his shtick to be the company man, the super soldier for the organization signing his massive paychecks. I used to think all the smoke was overblown. Butt hurt former players who wanted to point the finger elsewhere. Now? I am not so sure. I think Russ' "goody-two-shoes, run to the principal to tattle" act was a very real factor in why he wasn't liked all that much in the locker room.

It wasn't that he wasn't "black enough". It was that he wasn't like a regular teammate enough.

I will always appreciate what he meant to this team. Without him, I highly doubt we are anywhere near as successful as we were that decade, historic defense or not. One day we will all be watching his induction in Canton, watching the highlights saying "Damn! I forgot how incredible he was!" Mark my words.

Still, I hate how his story ended here. Slowed by age, seemingly more preoccupied by his brand and legacy than being the best teammate and leader he could be. Distracted by wanting control instead of trusting the coaches and scheme to work for him, not against him.

All good things come to an end. The LOB. Russ. Perennial Playoffs. Success.

Time to reset, rebuild and go after it again.
Im late to the party on this one but I have to say.. I couldn't of said it better myself haha. I think #3
and his inflated view of himself has been a major reason people appear to not like him. Russ lovers will say he a quarter billion dollar qb but MNF , I was happy to have Geno MF Smith leading our team.