Lockett Out Sunday?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Is this true or am I missing something?

Covid19

" It is unclear of Lockett is COVID positive or a close contact, but neither scenario gives him enough time to get cleared for Sunday's game against the Rams."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Two consecutive negative tests, and last one can't be on gameday anymore.

So yes, even if this was a false positive, or close contact designation. Lockett would have to have consecutive negatives tomorrow and Saturday.

Not................good.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Doesn't help the slim chances, and hopefully he doesn't suffer any serious health problems.

On the flip side, maybe they will start throwing the ball to DK for once.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Interesting how the Rams players seem to have their announcements early enough to be able to play on Sunday. Hmmmmm

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is also good news, for all the teams dealing with covid issues.

As Roger Goodell insinuated in his press conference Wednesday, there could be COVID-19 protocol changes coming in the next day or so that make it easier for vaccinated, asymptomatic players to return more quickly following a positive test. Could even help teams this week.

It really makes no sense to make teams sit vaccinated players that are asymptomatic.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Looks like Alex Collins is also on the COVID list this week

[urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-place-wr-tyler-lockett-rb-alex-collins-on-reserve-covid-19-list[/urltargetblank]

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nn4q31fw said:

As Roger Goodell insinuated in his press conference Wednesday, there could be COVID-19 protocol changes coming in the next day or so that make it easier for vaccinated, asymptomatic players to return more quickly following a positive test. Could even help teams this week.

It really makes no sense to make teams sit vaccinated players that are asymptomatic.

Agree

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Again, I don't do conspiracy crap. But......the same week the Rams have a bunch of guys on the list, Roger boy comes out and wants to lighten restrictions. Coincidence? Maybe.

classicaaron

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36x1yjm2 said:

the problem with that is teams will simply state a player is asymptomatic to get them to play even if they arent. or what is considered asymptomatic, what if you have a sniffle? does it qualify. with testing you either are positive or not, theres no debate really. and before you think people actually have a conscience and would do the right thing and not play if sick we all know that wont happen. guys are faking vaccine cards, guys doing the Rodgers thing, stadiums probably shouldnt even be open. buy hey anything for the almighty dollar. do you think a normal person would want to go around a group of people who just had a big outbreak but yet the nfl is asking the seahawks to line up across from the rams who could be getting sick as they are playing. but again, cant delay a game with tv contracts and stadium revenue in the way.

LTH

Reaction score
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Judging by the Aaron Rodgers situation I would think players sitting due to vac status is really only about potential liability from the fans entering the building on game days. Call me crazy, if it make you feel better. A cold is a cold, but how you treat the cold has completely changed. Now you need a shot to be publicly safe, and need someone to tell you that you are sick. Strange times.

keasley45

Reaction score
classicaaron":32smgem9 said:
Sgt. Largent":32smgem9 said:

the problem with that is teams will simply state a player is asymptomatic to get them to play even if they arent. or what is considered asymptomatic, what if you have a sniffle? does it qualify. with testing you either are positive or not, theres no debate really. and before you think people actually have a conscience and would do the right thing and not play if sick we all know that wont happen. guys are faking vaccine cards, guys doing the Rodgers thing, stadiums probably shouldnt even be open. buy hey anything for the almighty dollar. do you think a normal person would want to go around a group of people who just had a big outbreak but yet the nfl is asking the seahawks to line up across from the rams who could be getting sick as they are playing. but again, cant delay a game with tv contracts and stadium revenue in the way.

Agree. Football is fun. But it's a game. And anytime there's dollars or entertainment tied to a thing, what's right in any other circumstance takes a back seat.

Not every single person in the NFL sphere is vaccinated. So if a covid carrying, asymptomatic, vaccinated player exposes a non vaccinated person, that person can get it and become ill... or die. You can play the, but what are the chances games if you want.

I've lost people I care about to this virus and I'd give up watching football for the rest of my life to have them back.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3mx8h4f6 said:

Or anyone who is asymptomatic, for that matter. It's just dumb.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I should have added that I personally know several people that tested positive for The Rona but had zero symptoms. Hence, had to be told they were sick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
classicaaron":84lriuh1 said:
Sgt. Largent":84lriuh1 said:

There are doctor related protocols for being labeled asymptomatic, you can't just say you have no covid symptoms.

And the important part is asymptomatic AND vaccinated. The rule was to try to encourage unvaccinated players from much harsher penalties for having a positive covid test, i.e. quarantine and away from team for 10 days with no possibility of returning before.

John63

Reaction score
I find the whole thing very very interesting, what I mean is the whole first the rams then mysteriously our players. We go 1.6+ years with no issue but when we face a team that had issues. Seems, well something smells.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I thought the same thing John. Very strange. Especially No E.

Latest posts