Lions/9ers

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Lions need to be careful not to live entirely in man, here. Shanahan's gonna give him an ass-ripping eventually if he mixes too much of that in.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I can't see the Lions winning this one. I also can't see the winner of this one beating KC.
This is exactly how I feel. As much as it really irritates me to say, might as well crown the Chiefs as the champs and be done with it

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What is the rule on delay of game? Time after time I see the clock go to double zeros for a good second before the ball is snapped. I think if the center doesn’t have his arm moving in an arc to hike before the clock hits 00 it’s delay of game, period. The 9ers hiked the ball a good full second after 00 and it wasn’t called. What’s the point in the rule if it’s not enforced?

Wheetie

Reaction score
Lions need to be careful not to live entirely in man, here. Shanahan's gonna give him an ass-ripping eventually if he mixes too much of that in.
It's Purdy throwing the ball. Only matters which Purdy they get

kidhawk

Reaction score
What is the rule on delay of game? Time after time I see the clock go to double zeros for a good second before the ball is snapped. I think if the center doesn’t have his arm moving in an arc to hike before the clock hits 00 it’s delay of game, period. The 9ers hiked the ball a good full second after 00 and it wasn’t called. What’s the point in the rule if it’s not enforced?

What I have heard is the official watches for double zeroes on the clock then looks to see if the ball is hiked. This is what I do as well and still saw the ball on the ground after it went 00. Either the official is slower or wants to be slower.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What I've heard is ref watches the clock. When it hits zero, ref swings his head toward the ball and if the snap is simultaneous with that, then it doesn't get called. Blown dead and 5 yards otherwise. Coach generally given the option to elect for timeout instead.

kidhawk

Reaction score
What I've heard is ref watches the clock. When it hits zero, ref swings his head toward the ball and if the snap is simultaneous with that, then it doesn't get called. Blown dead and 5 yards otherwise. Coach generally given the option to elect for timeout instead.

I don’t believe the coach can opt for a timeout after the e delay happens. I e seem too many times Pete trying to call a timeout and not being seen and we get penalized. I’m sure he’d have taken the option if he could.