Levi Lewis, what are your thoughts on him?

haroldseattle

Reaction score
He wasn't on my radar prior to the draft and hard to find video on him. Did find this highlight video ( usually not a fan of highlight videos).

Then this video breaking down his game.

I like his tape, so why did he go undrafted? 5'9 184 so even smaller then Wilson.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
He's way too small to excel in this league. He went undrafted for a reason.

His highlight reel masks his inconsistencies with accuracy, and he has an average arm.
If he was a bit bigger and had a stronger arm, maybe theres something there.

As of now, in my amateur analysis, he's a practice squad body to help emulate Kyler Murray before we play Arizona and nothing more

JPatera76

Reaction score

His highlight reel masks his inconsistencies with accuracy, and he has an average arm.

As of now, in my amateur analysis, he's a practice squad body to help emulate Kyler Murray before we play Arizona and nothing more
Lol this take... its about a bland and halfassed as i have seen. I could literally be applied to every QB playing football. from pop warner to NFL. The only thing you got right that made sense is in bold.

keasley45

Reaction score

Is he really inaccurate? his TD to int ration was off the charts. Usually not the case with inaccurate passers.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Lol this take... its about a bland and halfassed as i have seen. I could literally be applied to every QB playing football. from pop warner to NFL. The only thing you got right that made sense is in bold.
Go ahead and provide us all with a better evaluation of this undrafted 5'9" 180 pound undrafted rookie QB. I'll wait.

About all the good most of you are on this board. Wait for someone to comment and attack them rather than coming up with an original thought for yourself.

Hey, I'll even double down and say that if Levi Lewis makes the 53 man roster, I promise to delete my profile and never return (assuming I'm not banned before then.)
That's how little I believe in him to provide anything to this team. He's basically Josh Portis. But worse.

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Great QB to root for! I hope he makes the team! Exciting player and can only get better with a better team around him!
physical traits limit everyone but he looks like he isn’t afraid to make the quick throws!
His velocity on these throws are pretty good! He can throw in tight windows.

OP
OP
haroldseattle

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Watched him play against Iowa State and he played well. He hit on a 78 yard play where he threw it at least 50 yards in the air with no problem. I see no issue with arm strength at all. Accuracy was good, could be better if he took or had a little more time. Scrambles to pass but not afraid to run it either. Kyle Murray size and didn't play against powerhouse teams, but really an exciting player to watch. Could end up being a gem.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I watched 2 minutes..
19 TD's 7 INT's at the level he was playing against?Not very good.
His roll outs impressed me and that's about it..He had a couple good
runs but other runs into traffic will get him killed in the NFL.
His passing wasn't very strong and the way he throws deep will get
picked a lot at this level..He's nowhere near Kyler and besides we don't
need a Kyler to practice against as we own him.
Jerhawk is going to keep his account.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He is soooooo small and sleight. It's hard to see him having success. I don't think he's quite athletic enough to overcome that limitation. I'm sure he's got superb leadership/character traits. Otherwise I can't imagine Pete and John would have offered him a contract.

OP
OP
haroldseattle

haroldseattle

Reaction score
He is soooooo small and sleight. It's hard to see him having success. I don't think he's quite athletic enough to overcome that limitation. I'm sure he's got superb leadership/character traits. Otherwise I can't imagine Pete and John would have offered him a contract.
His size his his biggest problem, looks like he could get broke playing with the big boys . I liked his game at least as well as any other QB in this class. UDFA you can afford to play him in a pinch and if he gets broke well it's a small cost for the Seahawks.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Go ahead and provide us all with a better evaluation of this undrafted 5'9" 180 pound undrafted rookie QB. I'll wait.

About all the good most of you are on this board. Wait for someone to comment and attack them rather than coming up with an original thought for yourself.

Hey, I'll even double down and say that if Levi Lewis makes the 53 man roster, I promise to delete my profile and never return (assuming I'm not banned before then.)
That's how little I believe in him to provide anything to this team. He's basically Josh Portis. But worse.

Quote from his draft bio:
  • Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
Oh the irony behind your statement. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. And no, no you wont. We all know you wont. You enjoy rifling feathers and being the half glass empty with cynicism poster.

High Completion percentage... and quick screens. So please indulge us with how having either of those are bad? You'd rather a receiver keep fighting for yards after contact? Because a lot of the tape I've seen that's available with a simple search, show him throwing to receivers in coverage and some double covered. Soo of course they're not going to make a play after the catch.

I watched 2 minutes..
19 TD's 7 INT's at the level he was playing against?Not very good.
His roll outs impressed me and that's about it..He had a couple good
runs but other runs into traffic will get him killed in the NFL.
His passing wasn't very strong and the way he throws deep will get
picked a lot at this level..He's nowhere near Kyler and besides we don't
need a Kyler to practice against as we own him.
Jerhawk is going to keep his account.
Ahh yes because you can tell so much in two minutes.. lol. So if I show only two minutes of russell dropping back to get sacked or fumble or throwing the ball away would you claim he's a reach and a bust and wont make it at this level if thats all you watch of him solely?
Love the cherry picking argument here
Yes lets use 2020 his worst season to what prove your point? lol
Why only pick one season (his worst to prove you point) when the whole picture is available?

Lewis

2021 Led his team to a 13-1 season Bowl appearance( and Won) 20tds 4ints
2020 Led his team to a 10-1 season Bowl appearance (And Won) (for his worst season as a starter) 19tds 7ints
2019 Led his team to a 11-3 season Bowl appearance (And Won) 26tds 4ints
2018 Bowl Appearance, Backup to Andre Nunez, still posted a 7td and 2int ratio
2017 Backup to Andre Nunez.

2017 and 2018 seasons where he was a backup followed by seasons in which later he started, he kicked ass.
He was also recruited By Iowa State and Tulane. He chose Louisiana because he was able to stay close to home.
The kid a better then Geno and Lock. How much? Who know. However this kid will make the 53. Eason will be gone and this kid will be here.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I've actually been one of the most positive posters on this board over the last 12 years JPatera, and I usually agree with you and enjoy your optimism. You chose to come after me for some reason today, in defense of this young man, and that's fine.

I hope you're right. But the level of competition he went against, and the fact he went undrafted, on top of his small size, really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in his chances to succeed in the NFL. There's been a couple young guys out here at EWU that I had hoped would make it in the NFL (Vernon Adams was on the Seahawks roster at one point prior to being cut) but the harsh truth is he is too small.

I guarantee you Levi Lewis won't make the 53.

Smellyman

Reaction score
cut before season starts

below average arm, tiny body and slow (4.85 40) isn't going to last long

hoxrox

Reaction score
As a camp body, fine. As the QBOTF? I'm kinda over short quarterbacks. Just give me someone decisive and accurate, at least 6 FT, who can stand tall in the pocket.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Most likely just a camp arm. I doubt we will even see him get any preseason playing time. The 3 QBs on the roster ahead of him will need all the playing time they can get to be ready for the regular season.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Didn't even make it to camp.

GemCity

Reaction score
I've actually been one of the most positive posters on this board over the last 12 years JPatera, and I usually agree with you and enjoy your optimism. You chose to come after me for some reason today, in defense of this young man, and that's fine.

I hope you're right. But the level of competition he went against, and the fact he went undrafted, on top of his small size, really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in his chances to succeed in the NFL. There's been a couple young guys out here at EWU that I had hoped would make it in the NFL (Vernon Adams was on the Seahawks roster at one point prior to being cut) but the harsh truth is he is too small.

I guarantee you Levi Lewis won't make the 53.
Ok ok. You don’t have to do it Jerhawk.

I will:

Buuuuurrrnnnnn 😉

Latest posts