LET'S GO RAIDERS

Scout

Reaction score
The exact issue our team had last year. Russ had his best game all year, which put him at approximately one of his better games with us last year, and he was still not great.

His team failed him with the drops but the fact is: He's not throwing very good balls for most of his passes. He's throwing too hard on short routes, he's throwing behind on crossing routes, etc.

Denver is a bad offense this year. They are spookily similar in their badness to our offense last year. Not efficient. Three and outs galore. Points scored on miracle plays that are coming fewer and farther in between.
A lot of the short and intermediate passes in the middle are often behind or off target as that isn't Wilson's forte. Maybe Wilson improves over time but right now Wilson's still has the deep ball accuracy. But not being able to move the chains hurts the ability to flip field position and provide Broncos defense a breather between defensive series.

toffee

Reaction score
A lot of the short and intermediate passes in the middle are often behind or off target as that isn't Wilson's forte. Maybe Wilson improves over time but right now Wilson's still has the deep ball accuracy. But not being able to move the chains hurts the ability to flip field position and provide Broncos defense a breather between defensive series.
Man, sure sounded like Hawks of the past few years.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA JOHN WHERE U AT BUD

@John63

You'll find him here, doing yeoman's work on team 3s behalf

toffee

Reaction score
I couldn't resist taking a look at their board. He's blaming it on penalties and dropped passes. It's always someone else's fault.
Got to give it to him, dude is dedicated, hope Russ is paying his interns well. John sure has earned it.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
What I saw was Wilson looked good as ever throwing rainbow passes downfield with pin point accuracy. But the three and outs and too many punts in the third blunted any chance the Broncos could take a lead heading into the fourth.

Wilson almost willed his team back to a chance to win the game. The problem is that type of heroics is hard to pull off one too many times. Those heroics probably wouldn't be necessary had the Broncos avoided 1 or 2 three and outs in the third and actually flipped the field position in their favor as the Raiders offense was stymied by a Broncos defense in most of the third quarter.

Also, Wilson taking sacks in third down situations was a contributing factor that stopped drives and forced punts from three and outs. Granted Denver's OL is not that good but Wilson as a vet should avoid taking sacks in third and short situations.
Didn't I read about someone from Denver's Oline guarantee that Russell wouldn't be touched like he was in the past? My understanding is their Oline was a reason Russell felt compelled to leave the Seahawks and go to the mighty Broncos.

I am so confused.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Didn't I read about someone from Denver's Oline guarantee that Russell wouldn't be touched like he was in the past? My understanding is their Oline was a reason Russell felt compelled to leave the Seahawks and go to the mighty Broncos.

I am so confused.
It was this guy:

Also, same guy:

Currently getting roasted in different twitter posts for said leap.