Let's Get This One Thing Straight…

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What on earth would make me think differently? How about the past 8 or so years of coaching ineptitude?

You mean 10+ wins in all but two of those years and playoffs?

Only Belichick and the Patriots have a better record over the same span.

You guys are delusional if you don't see that Pete and John were, and still are the best coach and GM we're ever going to have......and are on their way to building another perennial playoff roster.

But hey, don't let me get in the way of the temper tantrum.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And it's not even really close. 8 playoffs in 10 seasons, 10 win seasons over and over again, two Superb Owls? Come on. Fan of Pete or not, he has been VERY successful.
It's actually shocking how spoiled this fanbase is. Think about how many fanbases would love to have the "issues" that the Hawks have had over the last decade plus.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Weren’t the Seahawks only behind the Patriots when it came to making the playoffs the last decade (2010-2020)? And the next argument is going to be lack of playoff wins I’m sure? Well it’s obvious now they were very limited with their quarterback😃

Lol. Its easy to blame Russ now, but he was the main reason they were making the playoffs past 2015. It wouldnt have worked with Geno I can tell you that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yeah, he is doing really well in Denver. Their playoff chances are looking great.

Nobody is saying he is playing good now. That wasnt the case though for a very long time in Seattle. There's always going to be two camps - the one that thinks Pete was responsible for winning post 2015 and the one that thinks Russ was the reason. The Pete camp has the past couple of years to chomp on with Russ's deteriorating play to use and to ignore his stellar play the years before that, so its always going to come to that.

I give Russ the credit for the winning more than Pete along that stretch.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yes, it’s the same stuff just warmed over with a spin.

It’s a tiresome superior schtick passed down to us mere mortals who know so little about football compared to him. He does truly know a good deal about football but his biases cloud his fair objectivity.

All in all there is nothing new here, except another opening to pass on his constant dislike for our Head Coach when it appears opportunistic to do so.
Yep! same OLD WORN OUT Fade shit...different day.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nobody is saying he is playing good now. That wasnt the case though for a very long time in Seattle. There's always going to be two camps - the one that thinks Pete was responsible for winning post 2015 and the one that thinks Russ was the reason. The Pete camp has the past couple of years to chomp on with Russ's deteriorating play to use and to ignore his stellar play the years before that, so its always going to come to that.

In the ears, out the ass, I Don't care what a Stealers/Panthers fan has to say about Pete Carroll and my Seahawks, as it was Pete who Coaches the LOB and the Seahawks to their F-I-R-S-T * E-V-E-R Super Bowl WIN.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I don't think the argument can be answered until after next season at the earliest, and that's not arguing against your point. You may well be right, I just think it's a little early to tell for sure.

W

Welshers

You're seriously no better than any of these other posters here that just NEEDS to be "right".

Do you even care if the team wins or do you just care about being "right" because it seems like the latter?
Wow! Very hostile and uncalled for Hockey Guy! I was simply asking if @SoulfishHawk still thinks Russell Wilson is a top 10 quarterback. The fact is he flamed me for even insinuating Russ wasn't a top 10 QB at the beginning of the season! He thought it was preposterous! And now he wants to shove it under the rug like it never happened.

I never go at Soul with the animosity with which he comes at me! This is not a good look for you, Hockey Guy! Sad!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
In the ears, out the ass, I Don't care what a Stealers/Panthers fan has to say about Pete Carroll and my Seahawks, as it was Pete who Coaches the LOB and the Seahawks to their F-I-R-S-T * E-V-E-R Super Bowl WIN.

When does nostalgia quit getting a pass? 2013 was awesome for sure but this is 2022. There will never be another 2013 again. Especially with Pete Carroll.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Wow! Very hostile and uncalled for Hockey Guy! I was simply asking if @SoulfishHawk still thinks Russell Wilson is a top 10 quarterback. The fact is he flamed me for even insinuating Russ wasn't a top 10 QB at the beginning of the season! He thought it was preposterous! And now he wants to shove it under the rug like it never happened.

I never go at Soul with the animosity with which he comes at me! This is not a good look for you, Hockey Guy! Sad!

I dont think he's top 10. Not even close now. I honestly thought he would bounce back this year though as I thought injuries and his lack of will to play for Pete were deciding factors for his recent poor play. I appear to be wrong. Russ just seems to have gotten old, really, really quick.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
When does nostalgia quit getting a pass? 2013 was awesome for sure but this is 2022. There will never be another 2013 again. Especially with Pete Carroll.
When Russ started SHITTING THE BED in Bronco-land 2022, and the Seahawks have won SEVERAL MORE GAMES this season WITHOUT Anchor Wilson, That's "When", eh?

BobbySwagner

Reaction score
This team has 3 gaping holes that need addressing this offseason. The first is to address the D line. Number 2 draft a replacement for Barton and then finally can we get a healthy Jamal Adams. Love Neal but Adams is a difference maker when healthy
You thinking we go D line first 2 picks? DL and an EDGE?
Replace Barton with a 2nd?

StoneCold

Reaction score
So, does Fade just make theses one hit wonders and never respond? I never see him comment after the OP. Or does he use an alternate account to reply to his own threads?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lol. Its easy to blame Russ now, but he was the main reason they were making the playoffs past 2015. It wouldnt have worked with Geno I can tell you that.

You're making our points. Pete and John knew EXACTLY when to use Russ, and when to unload him for arguably the most lopsided trade in NFL history.

That's exactly who you want coaching and GM'ing your team, great talent and development evaluators and implementors.

But whatever, it's obvious we're not convincing you of anything here. But I've got some bad news for you pitt, Pete isn't going anywhere.

So just make sure to eat some crow when he and John get us deep into the playoffs in 2-3 years. In the mean time, enjoy your misplaced anger with Fade and john.

BobbySwagner

Reaction score
I think we trade our Denver 1st round pick for a late 1st and a mid-late second. It wouldn't surprise me to see four defensive players taken in the first and second rounds.
If they hit on those picks!!! Could turn that D around.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I gotta say, I was pretty shocked when RW3 went out with his finger injury and Geno actually moved the team down the field with the called offense. It really opened my eyes about some things, although I still doubted Geno going into this season and halfway expected Lock to take over. I then thought about our previous 2 OCs, and decided that they still wouldn't have succeeded due to how their Xs and Os were designed. I mean, 3 WRs converging on the same spot downfield where they can be covered by 2 DBs? GTFO... It became obvious last year that RW3 was *not* running the designed offense, but doing his own thing. Which is why I'm surprised at his lack of success in Denver since he would have brought 'his own thing' with him, and it worked pretty well (at least in-season) for a long time.