Last place in the division

emurri

Reaction score
Really nice. Plus no first rounder and a ton of money invested in a safety who has been invisible this season other than getting a roughing penalty.

hoxrox

Reaction score
All other NFC west teams squeaked out wins today that could have gone either way.

Rams - Wentz picked off at the goal line. Game wasn't decided until the very end.
Cards - Vikings missed a game winning FG.
Niners - no offense for an entire half against an NFC least team.

It's a competitive division, but don't think anyone is running away with it just yet.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stop bringing reality and facts here. This is everything sucks dot net :mrgreen:
Hawks got dominated and massively outcoached yesterday. Time to get more disciplined and get ready for Sunday.

Giving up after 2 weeks of a 17 game season is pretty ridiculous. Yet, not surprising. That's ok, after they win on Sunday, we will hear "it's just Minnesota"

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
I don't get the panic. I'd much rather lose an out of conference game early that sets a tone for dialing things in and exposing our weaknesses NOW than go 8-0 and collapse in Dec / Jan. NO ONE will remember this game if we beat Minn and then play well against the 49ers and Rams. A loss like this hurts now but can be a "good" loss in the long run. I was at the game and it was a long walk to the car after the loss. But would you rather feel a false hope and then fall apart like last season? I'd gladly trade a few bad losses in the first half of the season to fix things and grow as the season progresses and finish hot and dialed in. It sucked how we lost but we will forget it later if they learn from it. An NFL season is a process full of change, tweaks, injuries etc..... I'm less concerned with the loss and will be paying attention to the RESPONSE they put on the field on Sunday vs the Vikings. The NFC West could have gone 0-4 yesterday. No one is unbeatable.

LTH

Reaction score
In the second half Carson had 4 carries for 10 yards... when you go into half time with a big lead you should run the ball and eat the clock... we should have done what the Titans did to us...this one is on SW IMO, good learning experience.... Huge difference between the two halves of football... it just says they don't have it down yet... its obvious...

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
emurri":me08h0jp said:
Really nice. Plus no first rounder and a ton of money invested in a safety who has been invisible this season other than getting a roughing penalty.

I can't even come up with a good response to this.

The season is two games deep, FFS. Could you guys get any more dramatic with the "last in the division" shit?

Laughable

BASF

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2smzofwu said:
emurri":2smzofwu said:

I can't even come up with a good response to this.

The season is two games deep, FFS. Could you guys get any more dramatic with the "last in the division" $h!t?

Laughable

In 2005 I was part of another board and a guy started a thread that 2-2 was a disaster. It became famous as we got our stuff together and took care of business all the way to the Superb Owl. The truth is that this type of loss can be catastrophic or constructive. This coaching staff will use it as a wake up call.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
emurri":1jpbse32 said:

Workaholics overreacting

Sometimes here I feel like Randle McMurphy in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. When he'd sit there looking around at all the crazy people be crazy in the therapy session circle.

After big win at Colts: YEAH WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!

After bad loss at home: "SEASON'S OVER AND WE HAVE NO DRAFT PICKS ON SEPTEMBER 20TH WITH 15 GAMES TO PLAY!!"

HawkinNY

Reaction score
BASF":2xvmgf41 said:
No team in this division is going 16-1. It is not time to panic.
I’m not worried at all. I didn’t expect them to win anything. Last year they got lucky in those close games. Doesn’t happen 2 years in a row.

But we shall see what this team really is after a loss like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12avvjvd said:
Stop bringing reality and facts here. This is everything sucks dot net :mrgreen:
Hawks got dominated and massively outcoached yesterday. Time to get more disciplined and get ready for Sunday.

Giving up after 2 weeks of a 17 game season is pretty ridiculous. Yet, not surprising. That's ok, after they win on Sunday, we will hear "it's just Minnesota"

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but the Hawks were not dominated yesterday. In fact the Hawks controlled most of the game. They lost in overtime. I don’t think I have ever heard anyone call a dominate win when the game went into overtime.