Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Josea16

Reaction score
misfit":3agku4z3 said:
Josea16":3agku4z3 said:
Sports Hernia":3agku4z3 said:
Jimjones0384":3agku4z3 said:
Doug free just informed Dallas that he is retiring, so Dallas is in the market for a lineman.
They don't have the cap room to sign him unless they make some significant cuts.
What would cutting Romo free up?

5 mill

I just think we should think more positively. he can still sign with us. though I wish Bennett contract with gb wasn't so cheap
Only 5M? No wonder why they are hoping to trade him. I'm less then positive about landing Lang because we didn't close the deal and Green Bay has a chance to match our offer. They have way more cap space then us.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
misfit":28a4kizb said:
Josea16":28a4kizb said:
Sports Hernia":28a4kizb said:
Jimjones0384":28a4kizb said:
Doug free just informed Dallas that he is retiring, so Dallas is in the market for a lineman.
They don't have the cap room to sign him unless they make some significant cuts.

5 mill

I just think we should think more positively. he can still sign with us. though I wish Bennett contract with gb wasn't so cheap

Just need some good news. One of my good, good friends, a marine who lost both legs and his hand in Iraq, died yesterday. I'm just sitting around trying to distract myself. Being impatient. I still think they will sign him.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2ub6uueq said:
This is how the Allen walk away to Chicago went down also.

Sadly true. Just missing the TJ Lang is a Seahawk tweet before finding out he's on a plane out of here.

At this point....I'm thinking no deal is going to happen and we are being used for leverage to pilfer the Pack. If that happens, then the trip was a small success at least, because driving up the price on a rival is of some help.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Josea16":wbvm34wi said:
Only 5M? No wonder why they are hoping to trade him. I'm less then positive about landing Lang because we didn't close the deal and Green Bay has a chance to match our offer. They have way more cap space then us.

Green Bay just signed Bennett. Do they still have "way more cap space?"

Lang was always going to give GB the chance to match. Key here is did the Hawks do enough to make Seattle more of a destination thanGB

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Josea16":2s902pqt said:
misfit":2s902pqt said:
Josea16":2s902pqt said:
Sports Hernia":2s902pqt said:

5 mill

That's exactly why the Cowboys FO are desperately trying too keep the rumors going on about a trade. They are trying and failing to convince both Denver and Houston the other is willing to trade. He will be eventually released.

As for Lang, I hope we get him but I think he goes back to GB.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":20qh5iou said:
Josea16":20qh5iou said:

Green Bay just signed Bennett. Do they still have "way more cap space?"

Lang was always going to give GB the chance to match. Key here is did the Hawks do enough to make Seattle more of a destination thanGB

Bennett signed yesterday, and is only a $3.8M hit for this year. So yes they still have more space than we do.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/

Uncle Si

Reaction score
According to Seymours link GB have 27. Seahawks have 25. Doesn't seem like "way more" (which is what I was asking)

Am I missing something or can the Hawks keep up here?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":8buor9dw said:
According to Seymours link GB have 27. Seahawks have 25. Doesn't seem like "way more" (which is what I was asking)

I saw that the Packers had 37M, not 27.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-free ... ace-2017-3

And to compound our chances, both the Lions and Broncos have more cap space than us, the other two teams in the mix.

Someone's going to overpay for Lang, and I know it won't be us. Maybe, but can't see that happening.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The link Seymour shared shows Packers with 27 million but the Hawks with 10. So scrap that. They do have way more

I was going off Hawkstorians cap thread at 25$

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1xuzys0s said:

Am I missing something or can the Hawks keep up here?

We don't have $25M?? We need to assume -8M for Joeckel until his contract can be concluded less by incentives.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2vslzgcb said:
LeftHandSmoke":2vslzgcb said:
Mistashoesta":2vslzgcb said:
Joeckel(Fant), Glow, Britt, Lang, Ifedi

:2thumbs:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

If he passes medical (looks to be on track) then SIGN HIM - PLEASE !!!

At this point, who cares if he is healthy. They have got to sign him.

Joeckel,glow,britt,ifedi,lane?
Lane,glow,brit,ifedi,joeckel?

I know Denver wanted to sign him as Lt. Schnieder drafted him at Lt. Rookie season and parts of two other seasons at mostly Lt, but some rt in there as well.
Ummmm...huh?

Lane....?

Who cares if he's healthy...?

:greetingsearthling:

Seymour

Reaction score
Now I'm becoming a bit PO'ed that we threw cash at Joeckel and it may have kept us from signing Lang who actually is a known talent that WOULD help. Another stupid mis calculation from the FO on dealing with the Oline. Like last year when we signed Kearse and passed on Incognito (A top 100 olineman) for about +$1M more than Kearse. :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":29nkhytr said:
Now I'm becoming a bit PO'ed that we threw cash at Joeckel and it may have kept us from signing Lang who actually is a known talent that WOULD help. Another stupid mis calculation from the FO on dealing with the Oline. Like last year when we signed Kearse and passed on Incognito (A top 100 olineman) for about +$1M more than Kearse. :roll:

I was going off the 25 from the cap thread. No idea if Hawkstorian updated the Joeckel signing there.

I'm sure they saw Joeckel was a sure thing. And no one knows what his cap hit is yet. They obviously thought they could get Lang with what they have left

Still need to let it play out though before formulating opinions, no?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seymour":3urhws1c said:
Joeckel is an upgrade over anyone except Britt and Lang an upgrade over everyone.

I really want Lang but it would be great to have both of these guys.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3thy86sv said:
Seymour":3thy86sv said:

I was going off the 25 from the cap thread. No idea if Hawkstorian updated the Joeckel signing there.

I'm sure they saw Joeckel was a sure thing. And no one knows what his cap hit is yet. They obviously thought they could get Lang with what they have left

Still need to let it play out though before formulating opinions, no?

Ya...before going too far with it, yes. But it's clear the writing is on the wall. Anything close and he goes to the Pack where he wants to stay. They needed to overpay a little in this case, and I would have been good with that because we keep wasting entire seasons getting cute with the oline.