Kyle Shanahan & Trey Lance

Marvin49

Reaction score
I didn't say the 49ers misled anyone. They didn't say who they preferred and there was no reason to say who they preferred. My post wasn't intended to be accusatory. Sorry if it came across that way.
No worries. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
The 49ers screwed the pooch by picking a Kaepernick protege. Lance is awful. I’ve been right about everything I’ve said about the 49ers most notably the fact that Stanky G won’t garner any trade value. The thing with Lance is he doesn’t know how to play the position. Doesn’t even know how to slide. Tremendous athlete tho so he can play ugly like Jimmy and the defense will mask the deficient

Anyone who claims to say the "know" anything about the Lance pick has an agenda...and you are no different.

You don't know anything about how Lance will turn out and neither do I. You DESPARATELY WANT him to suck...probably every bit as much as I want him to succeed. The difference is I admit I don't know whereas you feel the need to bloviate about stuff you couldn't possibly know for sure.

"Right about Everything"? Please. Jimmy would have been traded if not for the surgery. Now its too late in the year and every vacancy has been filled.

I was right about Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams....

...do I need to point that out before I make a post? No.

94Smith

Reaction score
I think Lance this year will struggle with accuracy and turnovers but will have way more chunk plays, make more plays with his legs. I don't know how you can say "doesn't know how to play the position" though. Everything I've heard says the mental part of the game is not the problem. Lance is very intelligent and learns well. Mechanical issues and accuracy will be his down fall if he does not succeed.

Also your statement about not garnering any trade value that most 49ers fans disagreed with was before he had shoulder surgery. The surgery screwed everything. Reports were that even the Commanders were interested in trading before that

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Anyone who claims to say the "know" anything about the Lance pick has an agenda...and you are no different.

You don't know anything about how Lance will turn out and neither do I. You DESPARATELY WANT him to suck...probably every bit as much as I want him to succeed. The difference is I admit I don't know whereas you feel the need to bloviate about stuff you couldn't possibly know for sure.

"Right about Everything"? Please. Jimmy would have been traded if not for the surgery. Now its too late in the year and every vacancy has been filled.

I was right about Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams....

...do I need to point that out before I make a post? No.
Jamal Adams? He’s a stud are you a dumb my guy?

Last edited:

Marvin49

Reaction score
I think Lance this year will struggle with accuracy and turnovers but will have way more chunk plays, make more plays with his legs. I don't know how you can say "doesn't know how to play the position" though. Everything I've heard says the mental part of the game is not the problem. Lance is very intelligent and learns well. Mechanical issues and accuracy will be his down fall if he does not succeed.

Also your statement about not garnering any trade value that most 49ers fans disagreed with was before he had shoulder surgery. The surgery screwed everything. Reports were that even the Commanders were interested in trading before that
Agreed on all points.

The Dirty Dozen Fan

Reaction score
Stinky G is what many Hawk fans call Jimmy G. Idiot 49er fans guaranteed Jimmy had trade value while Arlo’s Special was spot on in predicting he had no trade value. Anything else you need schooled in let either me or Arlo’s Special know and we’ll both oblige
But where is Arlospecial ?

jeremiah

Reaction score
This is one of the most interesting story lines in the division. For sure.

They Niners gave up a lot to get Lance, and he is probably the most inexperienced QB ever picked so high in the draft. He started like 16-17 games in total during his college career. And this is NDSU, not a big, D-1 program. And he only played about a game in 2020. Most of those starts came in 2019.

He's just turning 22 in May. After what they gave up, you gotta figure he'll get this season and probably next to figure it out. He's in the best spot to succeed. Shanahan makes it as easy as possible on QBs. There were times Garoppolo looked liked top QB, and he very clearly isn't. I think most of that success belongs to Shanahan.

I see Niner fans talking about getting a second-round draft pick for Jimmy, who has one year remaining on his contract. This is a fantasy. If he gets moved, I'll be surprised if he nets more than a fourth or fifth. Teams will view him as a bridge quarterback, at best. We've already seen two teams opt for Carson Wentz and Mitch Trubisky (!!!) over Jimmy.
Look how long the Packers held onto Favre and groomed the Jet QB? If he has it, and the Schneider says go, I would be happy.

toffee

Reaction score
Schneider should offer a 5th and reluctantly settle for a 4th. Pete can do his QB voodoo on Lance.