KJ Wright illegal bat

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":f2jeejl7 said:
Dreadbelch":f2jeejl7 said:
Webzone seems a little upset.

Tumblr nvs790MKzZ1rcm2lro1 1280
Heh, heh....wait until they get a load of the Rams with Gurley, it could get really ugly then.

50 flags a game? There was like 2 tonight.

Exittium

Reaction score
captSE":2nh0kt37 said:
Nobody knew about this except that smart ass retired ref. :3-1:

That is the most important part.... Nothing would have been said if that retired old fart wasn't in there with them.

And anyone see Tates "salty" interview about it? None of the players knew the rule, as for tate, I like the kid but man does he get sour..

Msfann

Reaction score
If I was Wright I would start telling anyone who asks that I was trying to catch the ball with one hand and it bounced off of my hand.

Spounge84

Reaction score
captSE":pzjhmsrd said:

Seriously, not a single person on that broadcast team even thought to bring it up until well after the game was over.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Dreadbelch":8meagj5l said:
Webzone having a tough time...

Tumblr nvs790MKzZ1rcm2lro1 1280

i dont get how hes saying we've been so lucky. That's only twice now we have had calls go our way. GB and DET.

we weren't lucky during last years super bowl thats for sure. Also, the way our defense is built....this isnt luck. This is a result of skilled defensive players.

also....SB40....dont need to say much more.

seahawks are 50/50 when it comes to luck from the refs....if that

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Exittium":1rutfmt2 said:
captSE":1rutfmt2 said:

That is the most important part.... Nothing would have been said if that retired old fart wasn't in there with them.

And anyone see Tates "salty" interview about it? None of the players knew the rule, as for tate, I like the kid but man does he get sour..

Tate was too busy nonchalantly signalling "TOUCHDOWN" while watching his teammate get the ball punched out to really know what was going on.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
LOL @ at people who actually think the NFL is conspiring these calls in favor of the Seahawks.

Hahahaha, that's comical.

Polaris

Reaction score
Spounge84":2c262erm said:
captSE":2c262erm said:

Seriously, not a single person on that broadcast team even thought to bring it up until well after the game was over.

Indeed and there was over a minute and a half of regulation (including two Detroit time outs) that happened after that play to the end of the play (taking about 10 minutes real time approx.).

This is ESPN fishing for controversy.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have been bit before by obscurity's, like I said in another post happy with the win by realistic we have 5 big problems to fix, about 300 pounds each.

253hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2gfpx7sq said:
Watch the focus be on it the rest of the season every time a ball is "batted" out of the end zone now.

This happens less than once per season.

If it's legal to kick a ball out of the back of the end zone on a botched punt to save a touchdown in favor of a safety, it should be legal to bat the ball out of the end zone on defense to save a touchdown in favor of a touchback. How often do you see a loose ball in the defense's end zone anyway?

Polaris

Reaction score
253hawk":1fhwbxmb said:
chris98251":1fhwbxmb said:
Watch the focus be on it the rest of the season every time a ball is "batted" out of the end zone now.

This happens less than once per season.

If it's legal to kick a ball out of the back of the end zone on a botched punt to save a touchdown in favor of a safety, it should be legal to bat the ball out of the end zone on defense to save a touchdown in favor of a touchback. How often do you see a loose ball in the defense's end zone anyway?

It's not legal, but it's never called.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
FearTheBeak":czr5h2bh said:
Really? Has that EVER been called?

Not going to read this entire thread, so I stopped here.

It's simple really. KJ just grabs the ball, It was a fumble after all and who doesn't want to recover one of those?

Anyway, just hold onto the ball and remove all F%$@65 doubt!

We got away with one there 12's.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Is this one of those threads it's ok to just pop in for a fart? I've never done that. But if so, I'd like to fart in ESPN's general direction. Thank you.

Seahawks win!

Exittium

Reaction score
Hawkpower":g7ljm3gx said:
Exittium":g7ljm3gx said:
captSE":g7ljm3gx said:

Tate was too busy nonchalantly signalling "TOUCHDOWN" while watching his teammate get the ball punched out to really know what was going on.

I find it amusing Tate keeps his hands up for so long... lol Its almost like he has a memory lapse and forgets he's plays for the Lions and not the Seahawks lol

I like the Kid and wish him well but, at the same time he's a Lion now and if he's salty about the call that NOBODY in the NFL knew about including Blandino who was on the mic in NY lol then oh well I'll bathe in his tears

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, its really much ado...

I'm enjoying how we're in the center of the NFL universe now. It feels good.
Remember back when the east coast couldn't find us on a map. Bet they can now. They have to.

Good luck, bad luck, good calls, bad calls, no calls. Whatever. All teams have it. Some worse than others.
We're in the middle of a dynasty. That ain't no luck. Hats off to Pete and John and Paul!

Go Hawks!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Too much cork? Doesn't matter, he can't hit the curveball?

Exittium

Reaction score
KJ Was tapping the ball to make sure it was fully inflated as it bounced...

That sounds legit right?

HuskyHawk

Reaction score
ESPN keeps saying that it is a penalty if the kicker bats the ball out of the endzone on a bad snap. Why have I never seen a ref throw a flag, announce the penalty and then decline it? I'm not arguing the rule, I am just wondering why ref's never announce the penalty for a kicker's illegal bat. If ref's announced it everytime, then players would actually know the rule.

When def pass interference happens in the endzone and the WR still catches the ball for a TD, the ref still throws the flag, announces the DPI and then declines it.