Kenneth Walker III - Great video profile

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
You know, one thing that really stood out to me was one of the announcers in this video and how excited he got when K9 would turn a few yards into big gains/touchdowns, the sudden jump in octaves of "WalkERRRRR!!!!!"...I can already feel the excitement that would come when he does it for us.

Right? I wonder what wordsmithing Raible will come up with for his first touchdown!

Jville

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. Great to see he comes from a good family. These background insights are important for fans. And most certainly to me. I appreciate them.

P.S. I spotted your message .............. My safe word is "riboflavin." Funny thing is I just had a generous plate of liver and onions. As you probably know, liver is the #1 source for riboflavin. My actual motivation was in pursuit of livers high iron content for the production of red blood cells. I'm donating blood to the American Red Cross on this coming Monday. It's all about family and community.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
"He didn't come here just to take part, he came here to take over." -Spartans RBs coach on Walker

nanomoz

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Great to see he comes from a good family. These background insights are important for fans. And most certainly to me. I appreciate them.

P.S. I spotted your message .............. My safe word is "riboflavin." Funny thing is I just had a generous plate of liver and onions. As you probably know, liver is the #1 source for riboflavin. My actual motivation was in pursuit of livers high iron content for the production of red blood cells. I'm donating blood to the American Red Cross on this coming Monday. It's all about family and community.
I can't donate! Too many corticosteroids. But good on you.

I ain't eating no liver, though. :)

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
His parents are awesome. What a great support system! From humble beginnings...

I've read an article that he could be OROY. Talking heads, of course. But man, I love me some Hawks ball!

Chuckwow

Reaction score
The only time the Seahawks have been dominant is when they have a star running back. Warner, Alexander, Lynch.

Hopefully this young man will lead the Seahawks back to dominance
I did prefer Hall but Walker is a stud in his own right. No question we are fortunate to have him.

And to piggy back on your excellent post, with Warner we had John L. With Alexander we had Watters. Lynch needed nobody cuz that's just how he rolled.

I can see Penny and Walker battling it out the way Watters and Alexander did. If both stay healthy, there will be no loser in that race. These are exciting times.

BigMeach

Reaction score
How anyone can be upset with taking an elite running back to add to your stable when you are a RUN FIRST OFFENSE is beyond me.

BASF

Reaction score
It is so weird for anyone to pan this pick. It has been eight years since we have had a back healthy enough to play all sixteen games and not be a total situational player. Walker is the real deal and I have a feeling that he will throw himself into being a much better blocker.

AgentDib

Reaction score
A couple more things to throw onto the pile here. It's true that Walker's Relative Athletic Score (RAS) came in a little lower than Hall. But if you take a closer look at the statistic it has some flaws when you look at the RB position.

What's going on here is that Walker and Hall are both extremely athletic but Hall is 2" taller. At many positions it would make sense to consider Hall as Relatively more athletic because size is an advantage almost everywhere. However, RB is one of the few exceptions where height is much less important than weight when it comes to size.

Walker weighs nearly the same and his shorter height is an advantage as a ball carrier. A lower center of gravity and more muscle mass makes it easier to maintain balance and withstand NFL hits. A RB specific RAS measurement would emphasize weight much more and height much less. Walker's compact frame is an asset for him that he uses well to make cuts and shift quickly between speeds.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score

I defy anyone to watch this and not be smiling at the end. Loving this pick more and more.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
A couple more things to throw onto the pile here. It's true that Walker's Relative Athletic Score (RAS) came in a little lower than Hall. But if you take a closer look at the statistic it has some flaws when you look at the RB position.

View attachment 11422

What's going on here is that Walker and Hall are both extremely athletic but Hall is 2" taller. At many positions it would make sense to consider Hall as Relatively more athletic because size is an advantage almost everywhere. However, RB is one of the few exceptions where height is much less important than weight when it comes to size.

Walker weighs nearly the same and his shorter height is an advantage as a ball carrier. A lower center of gravity and more muscle mass makes it easier to maintain balance and withstand NFL hits. A RB specific RAS measurement would emphasize weight much more and height much less. Walker's compact frame is an asset for him that he uses well to make cuts and shift quickly between speeds.
I think they're both fabulous. Hall is a bit more advanced in terms of his pass blocking. But I'm sure Walker will improve his game as well. It's been a whirlwind couple years for him.

But pass blocking is just one reason a (slightly) preferred Hall. Now, I am in no way comparing him yet to the great Curt Warner, but I see that same gliding style in Hall. Walker runs a bit harder and has more of a jerky style...nothing wrong with that, Lynch did too. But when I look at the two side by side, and I've looked at as much film as I can find on both...Hall seems less likely to take big hits with his more skinny style of running. But to his credit, Walker runs like he's hungrier. I like that and I like them both. They'll keep tabs on each other, bank on that.

None of this matters. I'm just sharing an opinion. Nothing pleases me more than a solid running game.

Torc

Reaction score
there's a new analysis of Walker up today from Top Billin' on Youtube. It's always dangerous to look at just a few plays but there's some good stuff here.

Vesuve

Reaction score
This thread is titled Video Profile. Let's keep it going. This came up on my page.

Tape starts at 1:20