KC signs 3 Seahawks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mick063":3gwp6qjp said:
I might be dating myself, but I played middle linebacker in high school and wore the number 63 because Willie Lanier was my favorite player and yes, Kamiakin high school colors were red with gold trim. This was before the Seahawks even existed. That Chiefs team was my favorite team. The greatest game ever was the longest game ever. Two overtime playoff game, Christmas eve, against the Miami Dolphins. Ed Podolak gave the guttiest performance I have ever seen.

Back to my uniform. I even wore the same type of face mask as Willie. Had to look just like him. Best middle linebacker in the history of the NFL in my opinion.

I was Willie Lanier!
Willie Lanier was a GREAT football player!

I watched that game vs. the Phins as well. Those Chiefs teams from the late 60s and early 70s were very good as were the Raiders teams and Jets teams from that era. Ah the AFL......

One thing I will say about Stram and those Chiefs teams from that time, most people talk about how the Jets win over the Colts signified the AFL's arrival as an equal with the NFL but I never saw it that way. That win was a bit flukey to me what with Morrall missing guys for sure TDs and all. The Jets defense was very good but their offense that day was almost pedestrian (Namath had 202 yds. passing IIRC). The true arrival of the AFL for me was Super Bowl IV when the Chiefs completely dominated a Vikings team that I believe had one loss all year.

drdiags

Reaction score
Willie Lanier was Boss.

The KC Chiefs had a nasty defense back then and was the underdog I pulled for when they played the Vikings. Vikings had the most bland offenses in the league and the KC Chiefs had some play makers at all levels on both offense and defense. Though Lenny was not a dynamic passer, just efficient.

C-Dub

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ir02wda said:
McGrath is overrated on this board. What has he done? Nothing. There are plenty others available if they need someone. backup TEs are a dime a dozen. I can name at least 1 TE better than McGrath that is avaialble - Shiancoe.
I've lost all respect for you once I saw Shiancoe in your post. He was released by the Ravens. THE RAVENS!!!!! Get that through your head for a minute. They have absolute garbage at TE. He hasn't caught a pass since 2011. He's 33 years old. He's had no known interest in the market since he was released. Why on earth would you want to bring that sack of crap in?

Now for McGrath, he had about as good, if not better, preseason than any other tight end that was or is on the roster. He caught everything from what I can remember and made plays after the catch. He just doesn't seem to have as much potential as Willson, wasn't a high draft pick, lacked blocking skills, and is a bit of a project. But he seemed like a solid backup that could still grow.

Plus McGrath has an epic beard. That alone deserves respect.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":396y7toy said:
KCHawkGirl":396y7toy said:
I like it. Worst case scenerio they will play in rotation. You guys have no idea how good the NFC is compared to the NFC it's cylindicl. It's rolling around again.....

It's beerthirty somewhere. ..

That's some entertainment right there... I think you were looking for "Cyclical"... thanks for the giggle.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
McGrath is a great pickup for KC given the Moeki/Kelsey injuries. They were desperate for TE's and McGrath isn't bad. Likely average overall but serviceable.

@Lawless, glad to give you a giggle. Trust me, it will happen quite often. Actually the term I was searching for was "cylindrical".

Though cyclical can fit also.:)