Kaepernick possibly on the trade block

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":33bnwvqy said:
I'm not buying it either. It's such a stupid idea that I can't think even York would do it.

Niners are all over denying it.

Doesn't mean its not true...but very quick in the denial.

I don't buy it. Doesn't make sense...but stranger things have happened.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Jayson Braddock has been right about everything so far. Kaep was always Harbaugh's guy anyways. Niners denied all the crap about Harbaugh being on the outs last year. Why would they confirm this now?

He's apparently got someone inside the Eagles org giving him info. He listed them and one other team initially as being involved. Then the Bears leak came. Seems that would point to Niners making calls to teams looking to go in another direction QB-wise.

chris98251

Reaction score
I could see it happening, they are going to move away from what Harbaugh wanted to do, Kaep will need someone that can build a offense that caters to him and his strengths, a lot of OC's would rather insert player into their system. Kaeps pocket presence isn't great and his read progressions while improved are not good either.

Now be the new OC and look at last years film on him and decide what he can do for you.

That's the problem Kaep has with someone new.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":2r6dtkhq said:
Scottemojo":2r6dtkhq said:
I'm not buying it either. It's such a stupid idea that I can't think even York would do it.

Niners are all over denying it.

Doesn't mean its not true...but very quick in the denial.

I don't buy it. Doesn't make sense...but stranger things have happened.

Lol, have the 49ers in the last year been up front about anything at anytime and not reversed a position and pointed a finger at someone else when called on it?

kearly

Reaction score
This might help explain why the Eagles were so frantic about freeing up cash the past couple weeks.

Kaep would fit Chip Kelly pretty well, and he'd be reunited with Frank Gore for a season. You don't have to be a brainy QB to run Kelly's offense.

Whether or not this deal makes sense for SF depends on what they'd be getting back. The 20th overall pick, Nick Foles, and roughly $20 million in cap savings, for a QB the 49ers might end up cutting in a few years if he flounders without Harbaugh.

Rumor came from Eagles side, it makes no sense as an intentional leak for the purpose of deception.

It'd be funny if the Eagles picked up Kaep and the 49ers used the extra draft capital to trade for Mariota.

original poster

Reaction score
God I hope it's true, I'd definitely pay a trip to the 49'ers board to have a read!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Nooooooo. Please keep him in Santa Clara and continue to deconstruct the system that gave him a chance to be successful.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":f76knv01 said:
Tim Kawakami is buying it, he compares the 49ers sleight of hand here to the Browns/Harbaugh trade that almost happened a year ago.

https://twitter.com/timkawakami

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course he does.

It just doesn't even make a lick of sense, though. His cap hit is 15 million this year and the dead money would be ten million.

He's also literally the only QB on the roster right now.

It's just fanciful. Happy to bet any amount of money this isn't true. (although it would be kind of hilarious if it was).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Noooooooo, as a hawks fan I will be sad to that the 9ers trade kraepernick and get a real QB. Kraepernick being in SF is just fine for us Hawks

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1kspp0gs said:
He's also literally the only QB on the roster right now. .

My first thought when I heard about a potential Kaep trade on NFL radio this morning was, "that sounds dumb, that would leave them with.... ummm.... hmmm... Who do they have as a backup now?" Good to know I haven't completely lost my mind.

Perhaps an Eagles trade would include Foles though.

- bsd

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1mdow95i said:
Perhaps an Eagles trade would include Foles though.

- bsd

Yeah, I suppose it's possible, but still doesn't make any sense from a cap perspective, and really, from a talent perspective either.

I think you'd also see a mass exodus of the fanbase too. They're already on the thinnest of ice after Harbaugh, and if you add Kaepernick without someone else there to Gore, Willis and Justin Smith, I don't think there would be any fans left. :lol:

Jed York and Baalke are both certainly suffer from overconfidence, but I doubt they're THAT self-destructive as a pair.

kidhawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2urk1rs3 said:
It's a 9 million dollar cap hit this year for them. I'm not buying it but I hope it's true.

Actually it's over $5 miillion in cap relief if they trade him. The question is how much would they be paying the next guy? Are they considering picks and drafting someone? That would actually save them cap money. I still don't see this happening, but it is an interesting topic to get us through until contracts start getting signed tomorrow.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah. It's 10 million in dead money on what would have been a 15 million dollar cap hit.

Still doesn't make a lick of sense, though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm not saying it isn't true....so just want to make that clear....

...but just about everyone I've seen on twitter is saying that both people with in the 49ers and league insiders are saying its bogus. We'll see.

Latest posts