KaepBow

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":160goq0g said:
Marvin49":160goq0g said:
rlkats":160goq0g said:
Sports Hernia":160goq0g said:
While this is an amusing thread... I have a question for our niner fans here and it may sting a little if you are honest.

Who would you rather have as your QB

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Tim Tebow (ok, this one is a joke)

Easy. Sorry. It Wilson. Way more acurate and a ton smarter

I know Bevell isn't universally loved in Seattle, but I'd take him over Roman any day. I loved Roman in the run game, but his passing schemes and inability to adjust to what the defense was doing were his Achilles heel. There is a reason Roman was the RUN GAME coordinator at Stanford and is now the same in Buffalo.
LOL, in describing Roman, you basically described Bevell. I would have traded Bevell for Roman in a heartbeat, last year.

LOL.

Ditto.

Grass is always greener, right?

The big difference I can see is that the running/read option/tons of play action/throw deep offenses of the Seahawks, Redskins and 49ers with Wilson/RG3/Kap swept the league in 2012.

The Seahawks kept running it. The Redskins got RG3 killed and got away from it. The 49ers kept trying harder and harder to get away from it. Last year Kap only ran for one TD...and it was a 90 yard run. They ran play action a smaller % of the time last year than any point with Kap. Seattle led the league in play action %.

That's what I'm talking about.

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":3ljca39t said:
Sports Hernia":3ljca39t said:
While this is an amusing thread... I have a question for our niner fans here and it may sting a little if you are honest.

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Easy. Sorry. It Wilson. Way more accurate and a ton smarter

What's with all this Stockholm syndrome crap I see here? LOL.

I'm ok with some Niner fans feeling Wilson is better, but this undisputed crap is silly. If Wilson was really next level the Hawks would have won this last SB comfortably.

And we've yet to see Kaepernick have a terrible game against Green Bay. His performance in 5 degree Lambeau was better than Wilson's NFC Champ game performance at home -- Kap has thrown maybe 2 INTs in 4 games against Green Bay? Ask yourself why Wilson threw two picks at home against the Giants last year with 900 yards rushing between him & Lynch while Kap threw 0 at MetLife? Or their common opponent Dallas?

These guys are closer to skill than they are farther away from each other. People spend a lot of time debating Eli, Roethlisberger and Rivers but really, they're more or less the same QB talent whose success depends on their team and coaching that year.

Wilson and Kap have offsetting skillsets....neither QB is better or worse linearly compared to the other, they just have different strengths and weaknesses in the domain of the mobile QB.

Wilson is a better decision maker and has a bit more resilience in the clutch. Coupled with a far more consistent running game and defense, that formula has yielded more overall wins and post season success. But that last part is very critical, and cannot be ignored when making this comparison.

This wide gap just isn't there, IMHO.

NINEster

Reaction score
Marvin49":hu54tv7u said:
Easy. Sorry. It Wilson. Way more acurate and a ton smarter

Right now I'd say probably Wilson, but I don't think he's "a ton smarter". I think he's a ton more developed as a pocket passer. Wilson played in a much more pro style offense in college and came out a more developed passer. Dunno if Kap will ever get there but he's got the tools. We'll see.[/quote]

Maybe not a ton smarter, but Wilson has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he has a higher football IQ that Kaepernick. Kaepernick has done nothing to prove that he isn't a one-read-and-run QB.[/quote]

I think that's way overblown as there are many, many examples of him getting to his 2nd and 3 reads...

...but what is fair I'd say is that he struggles with figuring out when he should remain a passer and when he should become a runner.[/quote]

Well said.

And while I'd like to state that this one read crap is overstated and wrong about CK, nobody seems to ever mention that Wilson might be the opposite.....a 10 read QB that never gets rid of the ball at times (while missing open receivers somehow). At times the 15 second scramble yields a big play downfield but when it doesn't, how can you not criticize that?

Wilson has been the beneficiary of more consistent offensive and quarterbacking IDENTITY than Kaepernick has. Forget about running game and defense......that all by itself is significant.

Weadoption

Reaction score
If he does not significantly improve this tear, he's gone, that's the option he gave SF with signing that contract.
Then blow up everything on that team that is left, including Baalke, and rebuild it all.
Pray for York to die, although I like Tomsula, dont know why as of yet.
Go Giants.

rlkats

Reaction score
NINEster":1nx7dst8 said:
rlkats":1nx7dst8 said:
Sports Hernia":1nx7dst8 said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

I'm ok with some Niner fans feeling Wilson is better, but this undisputed crap is silly. If Wilson was really next level the Hawks would have won this last SB comfortably.

And we've yet to see Kaepernick have a terrible game against Green Bay. His performance in 5 degree Lambeau was better than Wilson's NFC Champ game performance at home -- Kap has thrown maybe 2 INTs in 4 games against Green Bay? Ask yourself why Wilson threw two picks at home against the Giants last year with 900 yards rushing between him & Lynch while Kap threw 0 at MetLife? Or their common opponent Dallas?

These guys are closer to skill than they are farther away from each other. People spend a lot of time debating Eli, Roethlisberger and Rivers but really, they're more or less the same QB talent whose success depends on their team and coaching that year.

Wilson and Kap have offsetting skillsets....neither QB is better or worse linearly compared to the other, they just have different strengths and weaknesses in the domain of the mobile QB.

Wilson is a better decision maker and has a bit more resilience in the clutch. Coupled with a far more consistent running game and defense, that formula has yielded more overall wins and post season success. But that last part is very critical, and cannot be ignored when making this comparison.

So since your sad attempt to attack my post on my opinion by quoting my post. I will retort.

Kap 5 turnovers. 4 in the 4th qtr of the sb and 1 against sherman. You remember the same interception in the sb foe the loss. Continue to cherry pic one game/team. Oh and if gb gad better catching ability on Defense we lose that game. Wilson 1 sb. Kap 0. Wilson 1 turnover in the playoffs kap 5. Thats why I say AT this point Wilson is way better.

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":298am2xc said:
NINEster":298am2xc said:
rlkats":298am2xc said:
Sports Hernia":298am2xc said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

So since your sad attempt to attack my post on my opinion by quoting my post. I will retort.

Kap 5 turnovers. 4 in the 4th qtr of the sb and 1 against sherman. You remember the same interception in the sb foe the loss. Continue to cherry pic one game/team. Oh and if gb gad better catching ability on Defense we lose that game. Wilson 1 sb. Kap 0. Wilson 1 turnover in the playoffs kap 5. Thats why I say AT this point Wilson is way better.

Well maybe you'd prefer we lose that game 23-3 like week 2 of that year? That's where we were heading without Kap's long run and that jump TD pass over earl Thomas.

Kap had a Romo like moment or two sure, but both of these QBs have shown me more to carry a team when the defense is not getting it done than wilson.

Maybe we should get Alex back now that the Giants suck and he never loses to Seattle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":75ho5pof said:
rlkats":75ho5pof said:
NINEster":75ho5pof said:
rlkats":75ho5pof said:

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Well maybe you'd prefer we lose that game 23-3 like week 2 of that year? That's where we were heading without Kap's long run and that jump TD pass over earl Thomas.

Kap had a Romo like moment or two sure, but both of these QBs have shown me more to carry a team when the defense is not getting it done than wilson.

Maybe we should get Alex back now that the Giants suck and he never loses to Seattle.
It was 29-3 8), and a game most niner fans were cocksure they were going to win before the game.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ulypyft said:
Sports Hernia":2ulypyft said:
Rocket":2ulypyft said:
If you add a dose of Jesus and a crooked arm to Kaepernick, do you get Tebow?
You are going to give Marvin a coronary broski! .......and I haven't brushed up my CPR classes since highschool.
So you are now responsible his well being. 8)

Comparing Kap to Tebow doesn't even register a blip on my heartbeat. :D Kap has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Tebow should be playing LB, TE, or FB.

Kap also looks like squidward, has way too many ugly tattoos and spends far too.much time shirtless and wearing his hat sideways like a fool.. the perfect model for a franchise no doubt.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":cn4bivnn said:
Popeyejones":cn4bivnn said:
Yeah, either Rocket is just bored and dangling bait for Marv and I, or he's actually serious.

Either way, not too much to say about it just because I don't think the comparison makes any sense (even if you took ability ENTIRELY out of the equation I think the better comparison would be Cam Newton, but that doesn't work much either).

Honestly, the only comparison I've ever seen to Kap that makes any sense to me is Randall Cunningham.

Comparing Kaepernick to Cunningham is funny because Kaepernick isn't good.

Thinking of a QB with a big arm that locks on to his first read for too long before he takes off running or gets sacked......hmmmm... Started with a good team around him and won some games early in his career.....hmmm... Very mechanical in his play. Does things because he was told to, but doesn't seem to know why he is supposed to do those things... I think I have the perfect comparison... Tarvaris Jackson. Give it a few more years to play out and I bet Kaepernick ends his career closer to being like Tarvaris than Cunningham. Kaepernick will be given a lot more chances, but he will go down as a below average QB that just never "got it".

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2urpvikr said:
Marvin49":2urpvikr said:
Popeyejones":2urpvikr said:
Yeah, either Rocket is just bored and dangling bait for Marv and I, or he's actually serious.

Either way, not too much to say about it just because I don't think the comparison makes any sense (even if you took ability ENTIRELY out of the equation I think the better comparison would be Cam Newton, but that doesn't work much either).

Honestly, the only comparison I've ever seen to Kap that makes any sense to me is Randall Cunningham.

Thinking of a QB with a big arm that locks on to his first read for too long before he takes off running or gets sacked......hmmmm... Started with a good team around him and won some games early in his career.....hmmm... Very mechanical in his play. Does things because he was told to, but doesn't seem to know why he is supposed to do those things... I think I have the perfect comparison... Tarvaris Jackson. Give it a few more years to play out and I bet Kaepernick ends his career closer to being like Tarvaris than Cunningham. Kaepernick will be given a lot more chances, but he will go down as a below average QB that just never "got it".

1) I was making a physical comparison.

2) Jeez, seriously?

Jackson CAREER numbers
39 TDs, 36 INTs, 78.5 QB rating
644 career rush yards, 4 yards per carry, with 6 TDs in 9 seasons

Cunningham career numbers
207 TDs, 134 INTs, 81.5 rating
4928 rush yards, 6.4 per carry, with 35 TDs in 16 seasons

Kap Career Numbers
50 TDs, 21 INTs, 90.6 QB Rating
1576 rush yards, 6.0 per carry, 10 TDs in 4 seasons.

Come on dude. Yer Kap hate flag is showing. Stop trollin'. :D Kaepernick actually has a lower career INT % than Russell Wilson. Its all good to hate, but at least make sense.

BTW, Cunninghams QB ratings in his 1st 4 years? 29.8, 72.9, 83.0, 77.6.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ambrose83":17gi6slf said:
Marvin49":17gi6slf said:
Sports Hernia":17gi6slf said:
Rocket":17gi6slf said:
If you add a dose of Jesus and a crooked arm to Kaepernick, do you get Tebow?
You are going to give Marvin a coronary broski! .......and I haven't brushed up my CPR classes since highschool.
So you are now responsible his well being. 8)

Comparing Kap to Tebow doesn't even register a blip on my heartbeat. :D Kap has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. Tebow should be playing LB, TE, or FB.

Kap also looks like squidward, has way too many ugly tattoos and spends far too.much time shirtless and wearing his hat sideways like a fool.. the perfect model for a franchise no doubt.

Hrmm...good points all. When he starts telling people that god spoke him personally...THEN I'll start to worry. :D

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":167o6348 said:
rideaducati":167o6348 said:
Marvin49":167o6348 said:
Popeyejones":167o6348 said:

2) Jeez, seriously?

Jackson CAREER numbers

Kap Career Numbers

Come on dude. Yer Kap hate flag is showing. Stop trollin'. :D Kaepernick actually has a lower career INT % than Russell Wilson. Its all good to hate, but at least make sense.

Kaepernick's numbers will continue their downward spiral. Defenses figured out how to play him and he is still making the same mistakes he made his first year as a starter. I remember how Kaepernick was "deadly accurate" on deep passes according to you with his nineteen attempts too. Those numbers crashed back to Earth just like int % and QB rating will. QB ratings involve subjective data that will start to move against Kaepernick the more people realize he isn't very good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1fc2tjli said:
Marvin49":1fc2tjli said:
rideaducati":1fc2tjli said:
Marvin49":1fc2tjli said:

2) Jeez, seriously?

Jackson CAREER numbers

Kap Career Numbers

Kaepernick's numbers will continue their downward spiral. Defenses figured out how to play him and he is still making the same mistakes he made his first year as a starter. I remember how Kaepernick was "deadly accurate" on deep passes according to you with his nineteen attempts too. Those numbers crashed back to Earth just like int % and QB rating will. QB ratings involve subjective data that will start to move against Kaepernick the more people realize he isn't very good.

Oh. OK. Well as long as you have rock solid evidence to back up your claim. :roll:

Kap is already better than Cunningham was early in his career and MUCH better than Jackson EVER was. If Kap replicated his "worst" season (last year) every year he'd still end up with a QB rating in the high 80's.

Dude...stop trolling please. You just make stuff up. Its tiring. Its all good to not like the guy, but the way you pretty much invent "facts" is hilarious.

To address your point though...his accuracy declined in large part due to the loss of Crabtree, Moss, and Walker (and pretty much ANY WR with speed) and the inexplicable decline of Play Action passes called by the OC. Seattle led the NFL In that category BTW. DO you really think Wilsons #s wouldn't decline if Lynch wasn't back there and the threat of him running wasn't having a HUGE effect on Play Action?

...and you think I'M the delusional one.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell would probably put up better numbers without Lynch because he would have to do more in the offense. The Seahawks will always be a threat to run because that is their philosophy, Lynch just makes the running look easy. They'll still run the ball without Lynch and Russell will always be better than Kaepernick even if he is needed to do more. I don't think Kearse and Baldwin and Willson do a whole lot to improve Russell's stat line and their replacements would likely produce similar results at worst.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ak1ppzz said:
Russell would probably put up better numbers without Lynch because he would have to do more in the offense. The Seahawks will always be a threat to run because that is their philosophy, Lynch just makes the running look easy. They'll still run the ball without Lynch and Russell will always be better than Kaepernick even if he is needed to do more. I don't think Kearse and Baldwin and Willson do a whole lot to improve Russell's stat line and their replacements would likely produce similar results at worst.

1) Yeah...we'll agree to disagree there. I'm sure he'd have more yards and more attempts, btu my guess is his average per attempt and TD/INT ratio would fall because defenses wouldn't fear the run nearly as much.

2) Never said Kap was better than Wilson. I said the only player that Kap reminds me of is Cunningham and then you made some ludicrous comparison to Tavares Jackson.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Yeah, all Kaepernick has needed all this time is a receiver with speed... One day you'll figure out that the wide receivers aren't the problem with the niner passing game. You should just start looking for the next free agent wide receiver they'll bring in next year, because the ones they brought in this year will somehow have bad seasons too.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3syuqh0m said:
rideaducati":3syuqh0m said:

1) Yeah...we'll agree to disagree there. I'm sure he'd have more yards and more attempts, btu my guess is his average per attempt and TD/INT ratio would fall because defenses wouldn't fear the run nearly as much.

2) Never said Kap was better than Wilson. I said the only player that Kap reminds me of is Cunningham and then you made some ludicrous comparison to Tavares Jackson.

The Cunningham comparison is just as "ludicroust". I threw in a JimTom reference for ya.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":37d4mf0v said:
Yeah, all Kaepernick has needed all this time is a receiver with speed... One day you'll figure out that the wide receivers aren't the problem with the niner passing game. You should just start looking for the next free agent wide receiver they'll bring in next year, because the ones they brought in this year will somehow have bad seasons too.

Kap surely holds his part of the blame, but the vertical offense that had him lead the NFL in yards per attempt in 2012? THAT ended with the loss Crab, Walker and Moss. That isn't his only issue, but thats what happened between 2012 and 2013.

Its no coincidence that the 49ers tried to draft a WR with Speed (AJ Jenkins), were in on the trade for Harvin, and nearly signed Desean Jackson before finally landing Torrey Smith.

Its about stretching the defense to allow other guys to catch intermediate routes underneath. It ain't rocket science. Dunno if they can replicate 2012, but that what they are trying to do.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1d7nqkon said:
Marvin49":1d7nqkon said:
rideaducati":1d7nqkon said:

The Cunningham comparison is just as "ludicroust". I threw in a JimTom reference for ya.

It's really not. Only in your "hate for all things red and gold" is it ludicrous.

..and should be noted that all of the criticism of Cunningham was VERY similar to the criticism of Kap. One read. Runs too quickly. Slow delivery. Even a lot of the off the field stuff. It's all there. Cunningham never lived up to his potential. We'll just have to see if Kap will.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":283o1d59 said:
rideaducati":283o1d59 said:

Kap surely holds his part of the blame, but the vertical offense that had him lead the NFL in yards per attempt in 2012? THAT ended with the loss Crab, Walker and Moss. That isn't his only issue, but thats what happened between 2012 and 2013.

Its no coincidence that the 49ers tried to draft a WR with Speed (AJ Jenkins), were in on the trade for Harvin, and nearly signed Desean Jackson before finally landing Torrey Smith.

Its about stretching the defense to allow other guys to catch intermediate routes underneath. It ain't rocket science. Dunno if they can replicate 2012, but that what they are trying to do.

They'll need a speedy wide receiver that can bail Kaepernick out of bad throws like they did in 2012...I don't think Smith is that
guy because he doesn't change direction very well.