Justin Fields

James in PA

Reaction score
When it comes to the draft, you know NFL teams are lying if their mouths are moving.

Rat

Reaction score
No. He's from Ohio State. What QB in the history of the NFL has been any good from Ohio State? Best not to mess with the football gods on this one. Hard pass.
Probably Kent Graham, but you could say that about a lot of schools. Playing QB is hard. I thought for sure Dwayne Haskins would buck the trend. He was crazy accurate, but I underrated his lack of maturity.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Probably Kent Graham, but you could say that about a lot of schools. Playing QB is hard. I thought for sure Dwayne Haskins would buck the trend. He was crazy accurate, but I underrated his lack of maturity.

I always thought Art Schlichter could have been somebody if he could have beaten his demons, but who knows.

TheLost

Reaction score
I remember thinking all of these quarterbacks that come out of the University of Oregon are terrible in the N.F.L., and then Justin Herbert happened.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
No to Lamar Jackson, no to Justin Fields.

I want a QUARTERBACK not a RUNNING BACK who wants to get paid more than a running back.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Dwayne Haskins is a prime example of Ohio States system where the players don’t have the ability to process information quickly the coaches do it for them and it’s a 1 read. Terrelle Proyer was such a great athlete I thought when he was with the Seahawks make him a slot receiver/ pass receiving TE

In the last decade there have been quite a few OSU QBs that you thought looked so good in college and failed in the NFL I wouldn’t draft one including Stroud

getnasty

Reaction score
If i were the Bears and could get a couple first for him i would jump at the opportunity. He's amazing a a runner but still alot to be desired as a thrower.

knownone

Reaction score
I can't imagine any team willing to give up more than a late first-round pick for Fields.

Reaction score
I don't get the obsession with a guy who can't throw the ball. I get that he's exciting, sure, but is he good? A 10 season player? I very much doubt it. See how he is next season when all the coaches adapt to his running game. Lamar Jackson is a better dual threat QB but even he has seen a decline in his numbers, every year, so what will happen when Fields gets schemed against, and, unlike Jackson, he has no Plan B with a throwing game?

I'd rather take a gamble on a guy like Hendon Hooker in the second round. He'd be perfect to sit behind Geno for a year, with the hope of starting beyond that. I don't think Fields is going anywhere because of his throwing limitations.