Julian Love

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting that Julian Love isn't playing well. Despite his PFF grade, I've liked what I've seen so far. He's third on the team with 41 tackles, behind only Wagner and Brooks. Maybe the OP can articulate his concerns? @getnasty?

My biggest gripe has been in coverage so far. Seems like he's constantly getting beat specifically in man coverage. Like I said I might have just had the bar set to high from him to begin with but hopefully he settles in and becomes the playmaker I envisioned.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
It's early but he is seemingly not as talented as Adams, I am still waiting to see Love perform as advertised. There are reasons why the Giants decided not to renew his deal with them.

Seems crazy, but what will you say if this defense ends up top 7 in the NFL this year?
Welcome back Jamal, now please STAY HEALTHY?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Julian Love. The thing that stands out most positively speaking is his speed on the Spoon interception. He could have ran a circle around Spoon and Spoon is no slouch.
Yeah, it seemed like Love was outrunning Woolen on that one; though I think Woolen decided Love had the downfield blocking handled and let off the gas, rather than risk pulling a hammie or something.

Jville

Reaction score
Julian Love looks like a fit to me. I like the direction their nickle and dime are growing together. It's beautiful.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yet, people acted like they let a HOF player go. Sometimes it's more about the system and fit. This isn't close to the first time someone struggled after leaving here. Pretty common actually.
Yep Me3 confirms that

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Rehashed this Julian Love topic….

He doesn’t scream great to me but he isn’t so bad either…

Meh…..

Is Love replaceable in this draft????

HawkFreak

Reaction score

Meh…..

Most are replaceable...technically...but he didn't he play well when this year?

SonicHawk

Reaction score

Meh…..

Replacing Love has to be low on priorities. Acceptable player and above replacement level. He's one of the few defensive players with actual highlights this year.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Replacing Love has to be low on priorities. Acceptable player and above replacement level. He's one of the few defensive players with actual highlights this year.
I’m not sure if Macdonald wants to find a Swiss Army knife like he has in Kyle Hamilton??

Julian Love may be somewhat interchangeable with free safety and strong safety but I see Love as more of a free safety.

Not sure how Macdonald feels about Reed the other safety rookie last year…

But I wouldn’t be surprised if Safety is once again a pick for Seattle.

Possibly, Strong Safety….

sutz

Reaction score
I’m not sure if Macdonald wants to find a Swiss Army knife like he has in Kyle Hamilton??

Julian Love may be somewhat interchangeable with free safety and strong safety but I see Love as more of a free safety.

Not sure how Macdonald feels about Reed the other safety rookie last year…

But I wouldn’t be surprised if Safety is once again a pick for Seattle.

Possibly, Strong Safety….
Thought I heard that safeties in Mac's system are more interchangeable. The FS/SS difference not so much of a thing.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Thought I heard that safeties in Mac's system are more interchangeable. The FS/SS difference not so much of a thing.
I wonder if Mac wants to find an in the box safety and a safety that can also play nickel….Hamilton did that.

He was all pro for a reason.

But also there’s not always a player like Hamilton available….

This is an interesting off season!

Scout

Reaction score
With Mac's scheme Love, Witherspoon, and Woolen will have the chance to be aggressive on breaking on passes with disguised zone looks. Those disguised looks will often feature three shallow zones with three or two zones over the top. This is where the range of Love and Witherspoon is going to come into play significantly. Both young players can cover ground and force QB's into errant throws.

Mac is stepping into a situation where most of the ingredients are already on the roster defensively. Mac's job is to make it into a cohesive group that plays together and don't free lance. Finding two ILBs will finish out the unit and of course always adding toward depth (eg edge, DL, DB).

KinesProf

Reaction score
With Mac's scheme Love, Witherspoon, and Woolen will have the chance to be aggressive on breaking on passes with disguised zone looks. Those disguised looks will often feature three shallow zones with three or two zones over the top. This is where the range of Love and Witherspoon is going to come into play significantly. Both young players can cover ground and force QB's into errant throws.

Mac is stepping into a situation where most of the ingredients are already on the roster defensively. Mac's job is to make it into a cohesive group that plays together and don't free lance. Finding two ILBs will finish out the unit and of course always adding toward depth (eg edge, DL, DB).
^^^
Right on.

In that respect I'd be really intrigued to know what they think of Cooper Dejean. His instincts, reaction time, ball skills, and aggressiveness would make for a great addition to this group.

Latest posts