JSN on Shane Waldron

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
At the very least he didn't make geno look like old geno so there's that.

Lock still sucked but he was a lost cause from the get go.
The hope is that he can help Caleb Williams get off to a good start with the Bears. The Bears players love Fields and want to keep him, so a fast start is important to avoid a revolt in the locker room and with the fans. People like me will be posting that Poles missed on Stroud, Carter, and Marvin Harrison, jr.

bigcc

Reaction score
The hope is that he can help Caleb Williams get off to a good start with the Bears. The Bears players love Fields and want to keep him, so a fast start is important to avoid a revolt in the locker room and with the fans. People like me will be posting that Poles missed on Stroud, Carter, and Marvin Harrison, jr.
Idk dude, turning the Bryce young pick into dj Moore putting up 1350/8 in his mid 20s, two firsts and two seconds, including the first pick of rounds 1/2 this year, seems like a VERY strange reason to think he's going to mess the 1st pick up this time.

Even knowing how stroud turned out once pro, I can't look at the return and say it was a bad trade, especially since you might get a kings ransom for 1.1 again this year (dunno why you're sure he's taking Caleb given he traded out last year)

EDIT: I can't even look at the pick usage last year and call it a mediocre trade, I'd be ecstatic if he did it again

themunn

Reaction score
The Bears will take #1 QB on the board for the very simple reason that Fields is on the last year of his rookie contract and will cost $$$ next year, that he's probably not really worth yet.

sutz

Reaction score
Admittedly I got a chuckle out of that when I first heard it, but when I thought about it it came to me that hey, he's a rookie. Maybe he was thinking he should take a minute before just blurting something out that would go viral.

🤷‍♂️

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Well, Waldon was pretty bad overall, imo. Seems like it took half a season to even figure out how to use JSN. And his red zone play calling was putrid.

See, I just don't think Waldron was that bad. I'm still in the belief that he was weighted down due to Pete. Yes the red zone offense was brutal, but I still think he did pretty good with JSN. It did take a little while to create the chemistry and come to the realization that he's actually more effective than Tyler at this point, but he still had a very solid season for a rookie #3. Especially when you have one of the best WR's in the league that you have to feed.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He was horrible man. Esp. in the red zone. We're sitting in the stands calling out the plays before they happen.

You might be right. I can't say for sure. I just know it seems that being able to call the plays before they happen has been going on for a very long time under the Carroll tutelage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Massive change is happening, exactly what this team needed. I just hope people are patient enough to give him time to build the team his way. I suspect in 2024 we take a little step back, then rock it starting in 2025.

chris98251

Reaction score
He was horrible man. Esp. in the red zone. We're sitting in the stands calling out the plays before they happen.
Yes but we have been horrible in the Red zone for years, never used Bobo, Graham, Parkinson, to their advantage, Height in match ups with really short CB many times. We telegraph plays there routinely, we have literally no offensive Push mostly from inside the 10 with any running game consistently. What we do is start throwing corner route fade patterns first left, then right, then roll out and scramble throwing to the back or edge of the field, in a rare moment will will hit the back of the endzone.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Zero creativity in the red zone. I hope that changes, a lot.
I am no football savant - yet many, many times over the last two or three years it was blatantly obvious a run play was coming just based on the unchanging formations. If I saw it and knew "Dive Left" or whatever was coming you can be damn sure the defense knew. There was no mystery to it - ever. I'm not asking for trick plays or the like - just some attempt to disguise the intent of the play.

Again - Maybe I'm just football dumb.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Idk dude, turning the Bryce young pick into dj Moore putting up 1350/8 in his mid 20s, two firsts and two seconds, including the first pick of rounds 1/2 this year, seems like a VERY strange reason to think he's going to mess the 1st pick up this time.

Even knowing how stroud turned out once pro, I can't look at the return and say it was a bad trade, especially since you might get a kings ransom for 1.1 again this year (dunno why you're sure he's taking Caleb given he traded out last year)

EDIT: I can't even look at the pick usage last year and call it a mediocre trade, I'd be ecstatic if he did it again
We’ll see what happens. If Poles wins the North and gets to the Super Bowl in a couple years, we’ll be celebrating. I’m keeping the champagne in the bottle until I see results on the field in 2024-25.

bigcc

Reaction score
We’ll see what happens. If Poles wins the North and gets to the Super Bowl in a couple years, we’ll be celebrating. I’m keeping the champagne in the bottle until I see results on the field in 2024-25.
Doesn't help stocking picks if they aren't used well I suppose

Out of curiosity how do you feel about Waldron to the Bears? You have a particular interesting vested interest lol

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You might be right. I can't say for sure. I just know it seems that being able to call the plays before they happen has been going on for a very long time under the Carroll tutelage.
It absolutely has been, which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Waldron is considerably better on a new team than he was with us.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Doesn't help stocking picks if they aren't used well I suppose

Out of curiosity how do you feel about Waldron to the Bears? You have a particular interesting vested interest lol
I am pretty optimistic about Waldron. He and Eberflus are like-minded coaches. Eberflus wants to run the ball, and Bears have been top-2 in rushing. Waldron knows the running game, but we are also hopeful that he will help Caleb Williams adapt to the NFL.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
See, I just don't think Waldron was that bad. I'm still in the belief that he was weighted down due to Pete. Yes the red zone offense was brutal, but I still think he did pretty good with JSN. It did take a little while to create the chemistry and come to the realization that he's actually more effective than Tyler at this point, but he still had a very solid season for a rookie #3. Especially when you have one of the best WR's in the league that you have to feed.
Nah, Pete even highlighted in post game that they need to make sure highlighting/scheming guys to their capability. If Pete was running plays, which he should have spoke out during, he would have stuck to the motion, misdirection plays with the multiple TE sets with them in the backfield. Kept the defense on their heels yet we would then vacate it for weeks at a time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I totally agree that it was 100% Pete. It's going to be so enjoyable to watch an actual defense and offense that will be run with complexity and will adjust in game with coordinators with actual full control.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Nah, Pete even highlighted in post game that they need to make sure highlighting/scheming guys to their capability. If Pete was running plays, which he should have spoke out during, he would have stuck to the motion, misdirection plays with the multiple TE sets with them in the backfield. Kept the defense on their heels yet we would then vacate it for weeks at a time.

Then Pete's a hypocrite. Since when has he ever used a players strengths to his advantage? Seattle has had one of the most vanilla schemes for years under Pete Carroll regardless of the coordinator and that's why I can't get on board with your comment.