JSN baby LET’S GOOOOOOO!!!!

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Just a thought to consider. If the Hawks are going back to a 4-3 defense…..they signed Jarran Reed and Dre’mont Jones…..starting DT’s? So they would be drafting for depth. Needed….but depth none the less. In theory, the DT position was already upgraded. 👍🍻🍻🍻

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I have to say JSN’s 3cone 6.57 and Shuttle of 3.93 is beautiful at 6’1, almost 200 pounds too (196). In comparison to two of the Seahawks best movement WRs in Carroll’s tenure, Baldwin 5’10, 189 (6.56, 4.20 ) Lockett 5’10, 182 (6.89, 4.07).

Maybe Eskridge and Mike Jackson are now available for trade.

hawker84

Reaction score
Theyre far from done, but lets not pretend like theyre happy and content. Lets also not pretend like they didnt sign one of the best tacklers and thee best middle line backer already..
I didn't know Bobby played DT. Well hell, were all set then. 👍

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a lifelong Buckeyes diehard sent me this text right after the pick…

F4DA05D3 E92A 4DFF 86A7 7205119D08E4

Good enough for me!

Thought for sure we were going to take Carter at #5 but the off the field stuff and combine probably threw them off the scent. Best CB and WR in the entire draft as our top two picks?

I’ll take it! Now go get some maulers for the DL.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Just a thought to consider. If the Hawks are going back to a 4-3 defense…..they signed Jarran Reed and Dre’mont Jones…..starting DT’s? So they would be drafting for depth. Needed….but depth none the less. In theory, the DT position was already upgraded. 👍🍻🍻🍻
Duuuuuuuude. Paradigm shift

Raifers

Reaction score
They play all game? They as dominant as a Jalen Carter? That'd be a no and no.
the post you quoted clearly said they signed a DT (i'm assuming they alluded to Reed) AND a LB, so your quote about bobby playing DT....

Chapow

Reaction score
They also got Nolan Smith. The Eagles defense is going to be awesome with these two added.

They already had a very good front 7. If Carter doesn't work out for them, they're still going to be fine. If he's a stud, they'll be even better than they already were. The Eagles were quite possibly in the best position to take Carter and his huge amount of red flags.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Apparently they were happy with the trenches last season. Thoroughly baffled at these selections. I give. Go Hawks. 🤷
Did we watch the same draft? There's a ton of interior line players that will be available tomorrow. Seattle doesn't really need more edge players, which is where the draft went for defensive line play today. Sure Carter, Cancey, and Smith are gone but that's to be expected. Plenty of talent left and we have two quality picks in the second round.

Now, if you look at the draft in terms of WR and CB, there's slim pickings left. Seattle walks out with the best CB and WR with a ton of trench talent left to choose from. Be happy, they killed it today.

mikeak

Reaction score
I do not think they are satisfied with the trenches but I think the value is probably closer in the next few rounds for what the Hawks are looking for.
This is such an underrated and missed narrative by many.

If you believe can get 90%-95% of a player in later rounds but the dropoff is significant / you cant get a starter at a different position then that factors into decisions.

Great point

Chapow

Reaction score
They play all game? They as dominant as a Jalen Carter? That'd be a no and no.

Let me put it this way. If the Seahawks had taken Carter, I would have been very excited at the possibility that he could become a dominant, game wrecking DT in the NFL. BUT, and it's a HUGE but for me, I also would have been extremely concerned that he is going to be a massive bust.

I think the likelihood that Carter busts is way, WAY higher than either of the guys we picked, and IMO was not worth the risk at #5.